Production FormD T1 Classic (READ FIRST POST)

Increase volume from 9.8L to 10.5L to support MSI Suprim X 30XX?

• Yes, worth the trade off to be more compatible with components

Votes: 116 24.7%
  • No, not worth it b/c it is not better than the ROG 30XX, which fits now at <10L

Votes: 353 75.3%

• Total voters

theexplainer

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Jul 30, 2018
What date does it show for the departure? I think both me and @Brude27 got that update on 2020-03-09. We were comparing tracking a few pages back.

Still, some kind of update on your end could mean something for all of us? I have no idea how international shipping from China is working for the US.
got the same one on the 9th aswell, since then nothing happened so far

Reactions: PBJ and Metroversal

Brude27

Master of Cramming
Jun 21, 2018
What date does it show for the departure? I think both me and @Brude27 got that update on 2020-03-09. We were comparing tracking a few pages back.

Still, some kind of update on your end could mean something for all of us? I have no idea how international shipping from China is working for the US.

USPS finally recognizes that my shipment exists, so that's a step in the right direction. Still no update since 3/9 other than that, though. For a while USPS said my tracking information didn't exist, so I was encouraged by this. :)

Goatee

King of Cable Management
Jun 22, 2018
One thing to remember with all that's going on with COVID-19 and how freight will "continue" unaffected and its just people that are restricted.

In reality something like half the air freight is carried by passenger aircraft (Belly freight as opposed to dedicated aircraft) and with large scale reductions in passenger aircraft flights (especially in and out of China) this has a massive knock on for the global freight availability, cost and capacity.

Source: Linky

gwertheim

King of Cable Management
Nov 27, 2017
USPS finally recognizes that my shipment exists, so that's a step in the right direction. Still no update since 3/9 other than that, though. For a while USPS said my tracking information didn't exist, so I was encouraged by this. :)

But but but my fort, what's going to protect me?

Reactions: Brude27

Sh0ckwaveFlash

Average Stuffer
Sep 18, 2019
Here how I planned the T1 build! (Temporary in a Ghost, and will be flipped 180 degrees of course).

The Alphacool 40 DC-LT is more silent than the Eisbaer LT Solo, though.

When the case arrives I will try to put a DDC pump as well, but no problem so far with the small DC-LT at 80% fixed speed!

Why the EK m.2 heat spreader instead of the stock motherboard one?

Reactions: johannbl

Benihana

Average Stuffer
Sep 18, 2018
Here how I planned the T1 build! (Temporary in a Ghost, and will be flipped 180 degrees of course).

The Alphacool 40 DC-LT is more silent than the Eisbaer LT Solo, though.
I wish we could get the LT240 radiator without anything else, this looks like an ideal setup and one I will be shamelessly replicating no doubt...

Floris

Caliper Novice
Sep 17, 2019
My findings while building in this case this weekend. These findings are all in the 3 slot gpu mode.
  • Using the default cables that come with the corsair sf600, it's way more easy to manage with the psu in default instead of flipped position. There just isn't enough room on top in the flipped position.
  • Building the case is a lot of fun, figuring out which screw goes where is a challenge, but a better manual will help with that.
  • Currently using the Cryorig c7g with jhack 90 degree bracket on 3700x. Cooling in games is fine (60 - 70c). Running prime95 you will hit thermal throttling pretty fast.
  • Asus 2070 super strix cools very well in this case, and fits fine. Was not hard to install at all. Getting it into the Ncase was a lot more difficult.
  • Tried fitting the alphacool lt120 with the standard quick disconnect tubes, that's really a no go in the 3 slot mode. Will put in custom tubes soon for better cooling.
  • Final costs were split out 22 euro vat and 17.5 euro handling fee. Customs valued the package at 104 euro.

chinyang

Trash Compacter
Oct 17, 2018
The L12S comes standard with the fan blowing away from the CPU. This is the ideal configuration for most, if not all SFF cases, including the T1. You don’t want that heat circulating inside a tiny case.

I run my L12S as intake blowing towards mobo thinking it’s probably beneficial for vrm cooling (not that I really need it because I’m not overclocking and not using a very tdp processor).. but I’ve never done any stress testing. Not sure how the other components like chipset, m.2 SSD are doing with this configuration. Anyone with experience on this?

I run a 120mm fan below the mobo to prevent recirculating the heat in my T1, running just about 1000 rpm, pretty effective venting out hot air I would say.

drdaz

Chassis Packer
Mar 8, 2020
  • Tried fitting the alphacool lt120 with the standard quick disconnect tubes, that's really a no go in the 3 slot mode. Will put in custom tubes soon for better cooling.

So I'm new to water-cooling; would you say this is going to be a problem generally with 120mm AIOs? I've been dreaming about a 3 slot gfx card in this case and something like a Corsair h55 on the CPU (9900K). Would kind of like a simple w/c setup to start with.

Reactions: SoSquidTaste

DrHudacris

King of Cable Management
Jul 20, 2019
So I'm new to water-cooling; would you say this is going to be a problem generally with 120mm AIOs? I've been dreaming about a 3 slot gfx card in this case and something like a Corsair h55 on the CPU (9900K). Would kind of like a simple w/c setup to start with.

If I understand correctly, the bulky quick disconnects on the Alphacool LT AIOs are the issue. Typical 120mm AIOs should work fine.

fabio

Shrink Ray Wielder
Apr 6, 2016
It doesn't match the motherboard. The stock motherboard heatsink matches the other heatsinks better. This then begs the question of why the switch was made, and if it was somehow made for temperature reasons.

Was just to match the other EK part of the system. Actually I am curious to see the temp with the stock as well!

I will let you know the difference!

With the EKWB the temps stay at 42/46 degrees stable, during 3D modeling, rendering, etc inside the Ghost, with the top fans exhausting the hot air.

Last edited:
Reactions: Sh0ckwaveFlash

Sh0ckwaveFlash

Average Stuffer
Sep 18, 2019
Was just to match the other EK part of the system. Actually I am curious to see the temp with the stock as well!

I will let you know the difference!
I think your theming is working because I didn't notice the matching EK logos the first time, so it definitely fits in!

Yeah, I'd love to know the results as I've heard the EK heatsink recommended in general before.

SoSquidTaste

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Feb 26, 2018
Tried fitting the alphacool lt120 with the standard quick disconnect tubes, that's really a no go in the 3 slot mode. Will put in custom tubes soon for better cooling.

Yessss, keep the 3-slot GPU + AIO build feedback coming, test shipping friends. That's the config I've my heart set on when I get my hands on a T1, and y'alls experience is invaluable

tinyitx

Shrink Ray Wielder
Jan 25, 2018
2020-03-14 13:36
哥本哈根, 已到達寄達地
(package arrived at Copenhagen)

2020-03-12 22:49
航空公司啟運
(Note a delay of 5-6 days here as the package waited in airline warehouse for a flight to Denmark. Package took off on a flight on 12th March night)

2020-03-07 06:13
廣州市, 已交航空公司運輸
(package handed over to airline transport)

2020-03-07 05:00
廣州市, 離開【廣州國際中心】,下一站【廣州國際交換站】(經轉)
(package leaving Handling Centre, next waypoint is Guangzhou International Exchange Station which is at the airport)

2020-03-07 03:52
廣州市, 到達【廣州國際中心】(經轉)
(package arrived at Guangzhou International Handling Centre)

Quick translation for the 'critical period' quoted above.

• Love
Reactions: PBJ and DrHudacris

cldskt

Trash Compacter
Mar 5, 2020
My findings while building in this case this weekend. These findings are all in the 3 slot gpu mode.
  • Using the default cables that come with the corsair sf600, it's way more easy to manage with the psu in default instead of flipped position. There just isn't enough room on top in the flipped position.
  • Building the case is a lot of fun, figuring out which screw goes where is a challenge, but a better manual will help with that.
  • Currently using the Cryorig c7g with jhack 90 degree bracket on 3700x. Cooling in games is fine (60 - 70c). Running prime95 you will hit thermal throttling pretty fast.
  • Asus 2070 super strix cools very well in this case, and fits fine. Was not hard to install at all. Getting it into the Ncase was a lot more difficult.
  • Final costs were split out 22 euro vat and 17.5 euro handling fee. Customs valued the package at 104 euro.

Thank you for the quick rundown of the case build experience. Re-assuring to know that GPU mounts easily even for such a chonky card like Asus Strix.

Asking for the rest of us, pictures please? Pretty please? ?

Reactions: rfarmer

Vanadium

Efficiency Noob
Feb 12, 2020
Hey guys, anyone feel like confirming these components are going to fit fine inside this case? I want to purchase now given the situation and either run it with no case put the card in my current pc until I get a case.

Here's the list:

PCPartPicker Part List: https://pcpartpicker.com/list/q4ZzHB

CPU: Intel Core i5-9600K 3.7 GHz 6-Core Processor
CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212 RGB Black Edition 57.3 CFM CPU Cooler
Motherboard: Gigabyte Z390 I AORUS PRO WIFI Mini ITX LGA1151 Motherboard
Memory: G.Skill Ripjaws V Series 32 GB (2 x 16 GB) DDR4-3200 Memory
Storage: *ADATA SU655 960 GB 2.5" Solid State Drive
Video Card: EVGA GeForce RTX 2070 SUPER 8 GB BLACK GAMING Video Card
Power Supply: Rosewill 550 W 80+ Gold Certified Fully Modular ATX Power Supply

pyroxide

Caliper Novice
Aug 14, 2019
Hey guys, anyone feel like confirming these components are going to fit fine inside this case? I want to purchase now given the situation and either run it with no case put the card in my current pc until I get a case.

Here's the list:

PCPartPicker Part List: https://pcpartpicker.com/list/q4ZzHB

CPU: Intel Core i5-9600K 3.7 GHz 6-Core Processor
CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212 RGB Black Edition 57.3 CFM CPU Cooler
Motherboard: Gigabyte Z390 I AORUS PRO WIFI Mini ITX LGA1151 Motherboard
Memory: G.Skill Ripjaws V Series 32 GB (2 x 16 GB) DDR4-3200 Memory
Storage: *ADATA SU655 960 GB 2.5" Solid State Drive
Video Card: EVGA GeForce RTX 2070 SUPER 8 GB BLACK GAMING Video Card
Power Supply: Rosewill 550 W 80+ Gold Certified Fully Modular ATX Power Supply
That PSU and CPU Cooler are a no-go.

I also assume you also know why you are choosing an i5 and not a Zen 2 chip.

Last edited: