Production FormD T1 Classic (READ FIRST POST)

Increase volume from 9.8L to 10.5L to support MSI Suprim X 30XX?

• Yes, worth the trade off to be more compatible with components

Votes: 116 24.7%
  • No, not worth it b/c it is not better than the ROG 30XX, which fits now at <10L

Votes: 353 75.3%

• Total voters

DrHudacris

King of Cable Management
Jul 20, 2019
Also, to add to the shipping things: My package has been "delivered to air transport" (广州市, 已交航空公司运输) for a week now, so idk whats going on lol

I think all of us NA folks have our packages hung up in China. At this point, I'm not expecting it until next month. It's very strange, because from what I could find, travelers/people are being restricted from coming to the US from China, and not goods. Did I miss a major development regarding trade restrictions between US and China?

Reactions: pwnedundies

gwertheim

King of Cable Management
Nov 27, 2017
I think all of us NA folks have our packages hung up in China. At this point, I'm not expecting it until next month. It's very strange, because from what I could find, travelers/people are being restricted from coming to the US from China, and not goods. Did I miss a major development regarding trade restrictions between US and China?

I actually have all the north American cases and along with 20 packs of toilet paper, I am making a fort to protect me from the beer virus.

rfarmer

Spatial Philosopher
Jul 7, 2017
I actually have all the north American cases and along with 20 packs of toilet paper, I am making a fort to protect me from the beer virus.
Actually had to order toilet paper off of ebay today because there is not a roll to be found at any store, plenty of water though. Maybe TP has special powers against COVID - 19.

gwertheim

King of Cable Management
Nov 27, 2017
Actually had to order toilet paper off of ebay today because there is not a roll to be found at any store, plenty of water though. Maybe TP has special powers against COVID - 19.

It's actually kinda sad that people are too stupid to realize that you don't need toilet paper for this virus

Reactions: rfarmer

DrHudacris

King of Cable Management
Jul 20, 2019
It's actually kinda sad that people are too stupid to realize that you don't need toilet paper for this virus

I think it is because people are afraid that they will run out of toilet paper after 14 day quarantine. I think a news outlet mentioned it? I don't know for sure because I don't watch the news. Or read the news. I don't even know why people are so worked about this beer thing.

threestripevida

Airflow Optimizer
Mar 28, 2017
Could you please post some photos of exactly how you are using the hardware? Having a hard time visualizing what you have done.

Is this how you did it? (Apologies for my Sniptool drawing I am actually a very good drawer IRL lol)

Or is it like this? Or am I visualizing this completely wrong.

Also I am guessing its this funky screw and nut setup is the issue?

I didn’t see anyone answer this question, but can someone explain how to use the Noctua secufirm mounting with the dc-lt pump. I’ll be using the asus b450-i motherboard. Not sure how much harder it’ll be to mount on am4 vs 115x.

Edit: I’ve been going back through the thread from the very beginning and found someone actually explained how to use the Noctua Secufirm. Still not sure how to make it work for am4 tho if someone can answer that.

https://smallformfactor.net/forum/threads/formd-t1-sidearmd-cnc-aio-9-5l.9933/post-164984

Last edited:

SSJ4

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Feb 10, 2020
www.ospreygaming.com.au
I didn’t see anyone answer this question, but can someone explain how to use the Noctua secufirm mounting with the dc-lt pump. I’ll be using the asus b450-i motherboard. Not sure how much harder it’ll be to mount on am4 vs 115x.

Edit: I’ve been going back through the thread from the very beginning and found someone actually explained how to use the Noctua Secufirm. Still not sure how to make it work for am4 tho if someone can answer that.

https://smallformfactor.net/forum/threads/formd-t1-sidearmd-cnc-aio-9-5l.9933/post-164984
Good find. Looks like mounting pressure is going to be something to be careful of.

In regards to AM4. You are meant to use the stock AM4 bracket with securfirm2.

Wahaha360

a.k.a W360
Original poster
SFFLAB
NCASE
SSUPD
Feb 23, 2015
I just finished:

I still have no idea on how to fix the radiator (it just sit on top right now), nor of the purpose of the two small piece with two holes in the package

Use the low profile Fan Bracket and secure the *slim Noctua Fan under the motherboard.

You don't need to secure the front, it should be a very snug fit.

If you need more assurance, apply double sided tape on radiator, that should secure the radiator to the Top Panel.

Vaux

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Mar 12, 2018
Not ideal I imagine. But does it feel secure when you finished installing it?
Yeah it feel secure, once you catch the screw the securefirm allow you to put a good pressure on the block

Just did a prime 95 test, It stabiize at 70° (I have a 9900k) with the 25mm at 1800rpm and the 15mm wasn't working (need to check the cable), so I guess it's fine

pwnedundies

Cable-Tie Ninja
Jun 9, 2019
I think it is because people are afraid that they will run out of toilet paper after 14 day quarantine. I think a news outlet mentioned it? I don't know for sure because I don't watch the news. Or read the news. I don't even know why people are so worked about this beer thing.
The first point is exactly what I'm thinking too. If you have a family that goes through it fast you don't want to have to use cloth materials. Still people are being incredibly ignorant to their neighbors. They don't need 3+ packages of 72 rolls. Anyone buying pallets of this stuff should be refused unless it's for a business to spread. Like a church or something.

For the second point the main reason why people are worked up about it is because we can't do anything for severe viral pneumonia caused by COVID-19. Viral pneumonia presents itself exactly like COVID-19 symptoms. If it's severe enough you get put on a ventilator and you either survive or you don't. Bacterial pneumonia is treated with antibiotics. So a lot of people won't get it but little ones, predisposed and the elderly can't survive normally. So we put this people on ventilators. Here's the real problem. We have about 500k ICU rooms in the whole US. We have 350 million people. If even 1% of people get the viral pneumonia at too close of a time period we won't have enough ventilators to save them. This is exactly why people are dying fast in Italy. Our goal is to isolate early in the hopes of slowing it down. I know people are very skeptical but it's not a matter of if, it's a matter of when. It's not about us healthy people it's about the ones who are vulnerable.

I know this isn't the most appropriate place for it but jokes aside it is a serious matter. I'm a RN in the state of Ohio but I haven't practiced medicine for 6 years because I work in IS. I'm fully planning to be mandated to work again by the hospital that I work for.

Last edited:

tinyitx

Shrink Ray Wielder
Jan 25, 2018
...It's not about IS healthy people it's about the ones who are vulnerable.

I know this isn't the most appropriate place for it but jokes aside it is a serious matter. I'm a RN in the state of Ohio but I haven't practiced medicine for 6 years because I work in IS. I'm fully planning to be mandated to work again by the hospital that I work for.
May I ask, what is IS?