Production FormD T1 Classic (READ FIRST POST)

Increase volume from 9.8L to 10.5L to support MSI Suprim X 30XX?

• Yes, worth the trade off to be more compatible with components

Votes: 116 24.7%
  • No, not worth it b/c it is not better than the ROG 30XX, which fits now at <10L

Votes: 353 75.3%

• Total voters

Cronos83

Average Stuffer
Mar 13, 2020
Hi folks,

another long time lurker here, finally dropping my first post.

I've been into hardware since about 30 years now, starting when I was like 6y old (thanks to my dad's old components back than) :D
I currently have 5 systems at home for private use.

I only had a few itx builds so far and several custom loops in ATX cases but now the time to combine that has come.
I thought about getting an A4, or an M1 but now it's gonna be a T1!

I read every single page if this thread an I can't wait for the preorder to be started!!

Checkin the forum every single day to get rid of my money.... (yeah folks... I know everyone would gladly take it... but you need to send me a T1 in return ;) ).

Great work @Wahaha360
Definitely gonna buy a T1, as soon as it's available!

Cheers
Cronos

Ps.: You can find me at the computerbase.de forum as well

Cronos83

Average Stuffer
Mar 13, 2020
Ps.: Is there no option to edit a post using the mobile version?
I can't correct the spelling mistakes.... but I'd like to :)

race2c

Caliper Novice
Dec 5, 2019
Updated instruction manual looks pretty straight forward.

As to the screws, are they all the same sizes or is there going to be a size guide to reference?

Metroversal

Cable-Tie Ninja
Dec 5, 2017
IMHO the domain is not that much important, personally I'll be fine with any of the options above. I do care more about the product itself.

Also, as I've said a few days ago formd.com will expire on 2021-03-16, @Wahaha360 might use a temporary domain (any of the above), while waiting for the desired one to be available.

posure

Trash Compacter
Feb 14, 2020
IMHO the domain is not that much important, personally I'll be fine with any of the options above. I do care more about the product itself.

Also, as I've said a few days ago formd.com will expire on 2021-03-16, @Wahaha360 might use a temporary domain (any of the above), while waiting for the desired one to be available.

Only mentioning this to be realistic... formd.com was originally registered in 2009 and is owned by what appears to be a fairly large corporation. It isn't going to expire without being renewed, but on the outside chance it does, it would 100% be sniped by a service that picks up dropped domains (which you can bid on but it would probably be $10k+).

cldskt

Trash Compacter
Mar 5, 2020
Can't believe I actually went through 4,000 posts in this thread, from zero knowledge of this case to knowing a thing or two.

Excited for those who are in the Shipment Testing batch, looking forward to see more build pictures!

Also can't wait for the actual sales to be opened :thumb:

Doppler9

Caliper Novice
Feb 12, 2020
Good to know I'm not the only person out there interested and nerdy enough to read every post, lol. I've missed out on a few other small-batch cases that I should have bought but didn't. I'm beyond ready to pull the trigger on this one.. just have to decide which color ?

threestripevida

Airflow Optimizer
Mar 28, 2017
Good to know I'm not the only person out there interested and nerdy enough to read every post, lol. I've missed out on a few other small-batch cases that I should have bought but didn't. I'm beyond ready to pull the trigger on this one.. just have to decide which color ?

I’ve been refreshing this thread every hour in hopes that test shippers post more about their builds lol. You’re not alone.

Wahaha360

a.k.a W360
Original poster
SFFLAB
NCASE
SSUPD
Feb 23, 2015
@Wahaha360, I guess you're set on a ".com" domain, but have you considered something like the following?

• formd.studio
  • frwd.design

I tried, but I can't make myself like any of the domains on the poll.

Seconding this, formd.works or formd.design would be a pretty great domain.

Yes, because “.com” outside of US and EU seems *less like a scam.

Last edited:

Wahaha360

a.k.a W360
Original poster
SFFLAB
NCASE
SSUPD
Feb 23, 2015
Updated instruction manual looks pretty straight forward.

As to the screws, are they all the same sizes or is there going to be a size guide to reference?

You should share it as an album, it would be easier that way, as we wouln't have to open page by page.

Working on that next, need to number the pages, markup the screws, and add notes to each image.

I just wanted to provide an update ASAP if any of the Test Shipping Candidates get stuck during assembly.

Last edited:

Wahaha360

a.k.a W360
Original poster
SFFLAB
NCASE
SSUPD
Feb 23, 2015
Metroversal, can you photoshop a distro-plate on the T1?

I can’t decide:
1. entire Front Panel to be the distro-plate (bigger = more expensive)
2. only removable Front Lid to be the distro-plate (smaller = less expensive, no longer support 2.5” HDD or Front Lid I/O).

Last edited:

Goatee

King of Cable Management
Jun 22, 2018
Metroversal, can you photoshop a distro-plate on the T1?

I can’t decide:
1. entire Front Panel to be the distro-plate (bigger = more expensive)
2. only removable Front Lid to be the distro-plate (smaller = less expensive, no longer support 2.5” HDD or Front Lid I/O).

distro plate with build in pump?

Wahaha360

a.k.a W360
Original poster
SFFLAB
NCASE
SSUPD
Feb 23, 2015
distro plate with build in pump?

Undecided. DC-LT is small enough, but it will have to be noisy to push through the restriction and at that point, prob better off with a more powerful pump on low RPM on CPU block.

SSJ4

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Feb 10, 2020
www.ospreygaming.com.au
Started purchasing bits and pieces and parting out my ATX system in preparation of getting the T1. Worst case scenario if I miss out on I'll buy an SG13 for the meantime.

- X570i Strix
- Fractal Kelin T12 (Fractal rebrand of LT120). Wanted the LT240 but impossible to get in Australia and with the AUD crashing even further it was going to be like 3 billion dollars to import. I'll be using my 2700x which the T12 will handle just fine. And upgrade to a 240mm rad like the TX240 (it will fit) with slim fans in a year or so when 16core AM4 cost peanuts used haha.

Last piece I need is the power supply. Everything else is coming from my ATX build. Getting exciting now.

Undecided. DC-LT is small enough, but it will have to be noisy to push through the restriction and at that point, prob better off with a more powerful pump on low RPM on CPU block.
The apogee is more than powerful enough and the LT would suffice if you arent running a gpu loop also. I am loving the distro plate idea. I am kind of surprised there arent more pump/block combos on the market. Perhaps that will change now that SFF is starting to go mainstream.

Last edited: