Production FormD T1 Classic (READ FIRST POST)

Increase volume from 9.8L to 10.5L to support MSI Suprim X 30XX?

• Yes, worth the trade off to be more compatible with components

Votes: 116 24.7%
  • No, not worth it b/c it is not better than the ROG 30XX, which fits now at <10L

Votes: 353 75.3%

• Total voters

notbitcoin

Average Stuffer
Aug 3, 2019
you just made me super happy, as that orientation should look pretty close to this (maybe ~10mm closer to motherboard, <5mm lower based off of that pic) once the psu is installed-

Reactions: fabio

chinyang

Trash Compacter
Oct 17, 2018
Just for sharing...

My build specs:
intel skylake 6600 + noctua L12S
gigabyte h170n-wifi
zotac gtx 1070ti mini
ram 16gb DDR4 2133mhz
corsair sf600 platinum
m.2 SSD x 1
2.5 inch SSD x 1
3.5 inch HDD x 1 (yes, i put it in, why not?)

*Temporary system - problem with Ryzen 3600 system

riser installation: i believe i got it right this time... i hope...

Note: need to decide from start whether to flip the case or not if using L12S, because the cooler fins will not fit in horizontal orientation, ideally the heat pipes orientation need to be from bottom going upwards

Yes, there's a 3.5 inch drive there, why not?
Note: fan touching the side panel because the GPU is not perfectly straight, had to put some pads

Note: for 2.5 inch SSD, ideally use 90 degree cable for both sata & power

Weirdly... I'm not a RGB fan but now i wish there's a bit more RGB goodness...

During the build, i realized how each piece is carefully designed to be modular, functional
It's not just an amazing case, it's art
The things missing now: the custom power switch for T1 and some custom cables

Thanks for this amazing product! Hopefully stock will be constantly available for others

Looking forward to see how others build theirs

Last edited:

nicholasmark

Chassis Packer
May 21, 2016
Just for sharing...

My build specs:
intel skylake 6600 + noctua L12S
gigabyte h170n-wifi
zotac gtx 1070ti mini
ram 16gb DDR4 2133mhz
corsair sf600 platinum
m.2 SSD x 1
2.5 inch SSD x 1
3.5 inch HDD x 1 (yes, i put it in, why not?)

*Temporary system - problem with Ryzen 3600 system

riser installation: i believe i got it right this time... i hope...

Note: need to decide from start whether to flip the case or not if using L12S, because the cooler fins will not fit in horizontal orientation, ideally the heat pipes orientation need to be from bottom going upwards

Yes, there's a 3.5 inch drive there, why not?
Note: fan touching the side panel because the GPU is not perfectly straight, had to put some pads

Note: for 2.5 inch SSD, ideally use 90 degree cable for both sata & power

Weirdly... I'm not a RGB fan but now i wish there's a bit more RGB goodness...

During the build, i realized how each piece is carefully designed to be modular, functional
It's not just an amazing case, it's art
The things missing now: the custom power switch for T1 and some custom cables

Thanks for this amazing product! Hopefully stock will be constantly available for others

Looking forward to see how others build theirs

Wow the 2.5 inch ssd connectors are slightly off.

Is the riser mount sturdy?

chinyang

Trash Compacter
Oct 17, 2018
Wow the 2.5 inch ssd connectors are slightly off.
Exactly... i think i will remove the bottom screw on the SSD side, just to reduce the stress on the connectors

Is the riser mount sturdy?
once secured it with the GPU to the backplate, i would say overall it's rock solid
this is the first sandwich layout case for me though, so i have no past experience how others perform

nicholasmark

Chassis Packer
May 21, 2016
Exactly... i think i will remove the bottom screw on the SSD side, just to reduce the stress on the connectors

once secured it with the GPU to the backplate, i would say overall it's rock solid
this is the first sandwich layout case for me though, so i have no past experience how others perform

Ok, might need some work on the ssd connectors, hopefully an angled connector will solve that. And thanks for the riser mount feedback. ?

peaksix

Chassis Packer
Mar 9, 2020
From some side-view pictures I've seen, it looks like the mesh panels make the internal components easily seen. Is this true in-person, or just when viewing directly from the side in bright lighting?

Might have to choose some more aesthetically-pleasing parts if they are going to be visible ?

PBJ

Airflow Optimizer
Jan 6, 2019
To me say “Guangzhou Airline Carrier” 7th of March, 6:13 am
Yeah, it says that for me also, same time and everything. Information varies depending where I track it. I actually have another status after that:

“Airline departure”
2020-03-09 01:23

Reactions: Metroversal

DrHudacris

King of Cable Management
Jul 20, 2019
Yeah, it says that for me also, same time and everything. Information varies depending where I track it. I actually have another status after that:

“Airline departure”
2020-03-09 01:23

Where else are you tracking? I've just used 17track and USPS (since that's the destination carrier)

Edit: mins says Gangzhou international center, leave. Something like that

Reactions: PBJ

PBJ

Airflow Optimizer
Jan 6, 2019
Where else are you tracking? I've just used 17track and USPS (since that's the destination carrier)

Edit: mins says Gangzhou international center, leave. Something like that
To be honest USPS is the only worth tracking. As you say, it’s the destination carrier.

But if you want to torture yourself (?), I’ve been tracking in:

EMS China (Origin Carrier)

17track (In the Origin section, if you Google translate the text in Chinese, it will give you more recent information.

USPS

Last edited:
Reactions: Brude27

osi1

Cable Smoosher
Feb 5, 2020
Hey Wahaha360
now, as you name your brand formd, I would suggest to rather use a different top level domain than this workarounds with double chars or ...works.
What about:
formd.org
formd.net
formd.store
formd.tech
Or my favourite:
form.design
?

And another question:
How can i make sure to get immediately informed when pre-orders are available?
I subscribed at the old web shop, but the site seems to be down.

regards and thanks alot for your fantastic work

osi1

tyen

Trash Compacter
Dec 17, 2018
you just made me super happy, as that orientation should look pretty close to this (maybe ~10mm closer to motherboard, <5mm lower based off of that pic) once the psu is installed-

Just be aware that you'll need to add some nuts to hold it in place. The screws that come with the case aren't able to mount the bracket in that orientation.