Production FormD T1 Classic (READ FIRST POST)

Increase volume from 9.8L to 10.5L to support MSI Suprim X 30XX?

• Yes, worth the trade off to be more compatible with components

Votes: 116 24.7%
  • No, not worth it b/c it is not better than the ROG 30XX, which fits now at <10L

Votes: 353 75.3%

• Total voters

Wahaha360

a.k.a W360
Original poster
SFFLAB
NCASE
SSUPD
Feb 23, 2015
Do you see an edit button at the top of the poll?

I need to either:
1. remove some choices from poll
2. make a new poll with less choices

not clear how to do either.

posure

Trash Compacter
Feb 14, 2020
Oh I was tempted, I was looking at a 3800x and new MOBO. The only thing that stopped me was cooling in this case in 3 slot mode (I have an aio on my gpu, so air cooling) and that all of the new MOBO's, especially the AMD ones have really large heatsinks on the VRMs etc, which would mean the blackridge wouldnt fit and anything else small enough to wouldn't cool the 3800x, so I stuck at it and saved myself $1000 haha

I went with 3800x and Asus B450, along with Black Ridge and replacement Noctua fans (A9x14 plus an A12x15 that I can optionally remove if I go 3-slot GPU later). From what I've read, the Black Ridge fits this particular motherboard if you take off the front M2 heatsink, although I wasn't able to verify without a riser cable for my video card (I have the Black Ridge reversed while I wait to preorder a T1).

Wyd4

Cable-Tie Ninja
Oct 21, 2018
I went with 3800x and Asus B450, along with Black Ridge and replacement Noctua fans (A9x14 plus an A12x15 that I can optionally remove if I go 3-slot GPU later). From what I've read, the Black Ridge fits this particular motherboard if you take off the front M2 heatsink, although I wasn't able to verify without a riser cable for my video card (I have the Black Ridge reversed while I wait to preorder a T1).

Thanks I got mine fixed thankfully, but this is really helpful info should I still go down that path later

Reactions: pwnedundies

FunkEngine

Trash Compacter
Mar 4, 2019
I'm like 99% sure that someone has posted it mounted with the secufirm and backplate in this thread but I jumped around as far back as page 30 and gave up but I'm pretty sure it's here.

It's hard to believe that I've been following this case for almost a year now. Since January the pages in this thread have almost doubled lol. Glad the panels don't have the indent. It looks so clean.

Yeah thanks for the advice :)
I also responded back then about the mounting of the LT pump block.

I have had this aio installed for about 18 months. Sadly now after removing it and installing another cooler my pc won’t boot so time to go through the usual checklist before determining that I broke my motherboard.

I have the lt240 installed with noctua backplate on my asrock x570 board. I have a post a while back about it in this thread. It's pretty easy to use. Just use all of the noctua hardware as instructed, except the cross members obviously. I don't know if it's the combo in general or a quirk of the 115x mounting on AM4 but the backplate posts are juuust barely long enough to catch. Mounting pressure is hard to judge because of that.

Reactions: pwnedundies

chinyang

Trash Compacter
Oct 17, 2018
Malaysia shipment in summary:

Consignment arrived at Dongguan Express Processing Center until China customs release - 2 days
China to Malaysia (air transport, including waiting time in airport) - 2 days
Malaysia customs inspection - 1 day
Shipped: 6 March
Received: 11 March

Malyasia delivery fee: $20
Malaysia custom tax: no tax
Delivery service by PosLaju

Flat packaging is pretty neat. Received in good condition.

Build quality is excellent, side panel is pretty tough, so no worries on that.
Lots of work still required for the building manual

Suggestions for the manual (i dont mind the challenge but for some might be difficult):
- Labeling on function of each item (sorry for the ignorance but there are few pieces that i have no idea what it's for)
- Indicate which screw/stand off to use for each piece
- Need to improve the part on the order/how to screw on the riser (had to screw and unscrew a few times to get it right)

i have no idea what these are for...

just a bit of imperfection, but i can live with it

In the end the build process is pretty rewarding

Edit:
Regarding the build manual... a build video (like the one from OptimumTech) might be even better.
Absolutely love those low profile thumb screws!

Last edited:

Wahaha360

a.k.a W360
Original poster
SFFLAB
NCASE
SSUPD
Feb 23, 2015
Suggestions for the manual (i dont mind the challenge but for some might be difficult):
- Labeling on function of each item (sorry for the ignorance but there are few pieces that i have no idea what it's for)
- Indicate which screw/stand off to use for each piece
- Need to improve the part on the order/how to screw on the riser (had to screw and unscrew a few times to get it right)

Working on a new manual.

i have no idea what these are for...

The rectangular bracket is for flipping the SFX bracket (which flips the PSU, recommended if you are flipping the case).

The small tab brackets are for securing the GPU tab, these secure on the back of the 2-Slot and 3-Slot plate.

chinyang

Trash Compacter
Oct 17, 2018
Working on a new manual.

The rectangular bracket is for flipping the SFX bracket (which flips the PSU, recommended if you are flipping the case).

The small tab brackets are for securing the GPU tab, these secure on the back of the 2-Slot and 3-Slot plate.

i thought flipping the SFX psu feature was removed... (vivid memory it was stated that it is dropped in one the older post)
Glad to know it's back! Might help A LOT to keep the cable mess from chocking the 120mm aio fan. Thought i'm just going for L12S, will test it out later if i have the time.

Mikeee

What's an ITX?
New User
Feb 21, 2020
Hello i'm Mike

I accidentally saw Sidearmd T1 case from YouTube . In fact, I really like this simple design.
Coincidentally, my company is processing all kinds of metal parts. I especially want to make your order because it is also my hobby. I always pay attention to the case of the Itx case. Many good ideas and designs cannot be mass-produced in the end and cannot be brought to more enthusiasts. I understand that the cost of this small case is actually very high, but you know , Made in China means its own cost. We also have mature processing experience. materials and cnc and final surface treatment, we have corresponding measures. Hope you contact me 。haha~

Wahaha360

a.k.a W360
Original poster
SFFLAB
NCASE
SSUPD
Feb 23, 2015
Is it supposed to mount... something like this? I've been turning the pieces around like some mad jigsaw puzzle trying to see how it fits :)

That's the 90 degree rotation feature, it's an easter egg for people, not officially supported. To get the best temp with PSU in that orientation, you would need to have vent holes on that front lid.

Wyd4

Cable-Tie Ninja
Oct 21, 2018
So got my pc working on the desk. Put it in the case. No post again. Damn. I think it’s when the board flexes or something. Something up with the socket. Any chance the cpu gets to move it does and bam no boot.

Metroversal

Cable-Tie Ninja
Dec 5, 2017
Same ?
2020-03-07 05:00
Guangzhou, leaving the Guangzhou International Center, the next stop , Guangzhou International Exchange Station (via transfer)

(Auto-translation)

Seems like it will take a while, not surprised at all, stuff from China can take up to 30 days to arrive here.