Production FormD T1 Classic (READ FIRST POST)

Increase volume from 9.8L to 10.5L to support MSI Suprim X 30XX?

• Yes, worth the trade off to be more compatible with components

Votes: 116 24.7%
  • No, not worth it b/c it is not better than the ROG 30XX, which fits now at <10L

Votes: 353 75.3%

• Total voters

Proflucifer

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Feb 13, 2020
I know this has been said already but what is the main reason that a 240 aio doesn't work?

Length
Thickness
Or tubing length?

gwertheim

King of Cable Management
Nov 27, 2017
Please don't use anything with Fab. It's weird here in America, search up ghetto fab. 1 other poster mentioned its also short for fabulous, no one names there product fabulous. Also, it sounds like fap, which you can also search that up. It's just weird here, but maybe it's just me. I help my family run a small business here in NY and we've had to come up with names too. If anyone at our place try to name something Fab i would highly say no to it. Sorry if i sound like im coming off the wrong way, just a personal opinion, trying to help.

At the end of the day it's @Wahaha360 choice his project. While he did ask us for input, he has made his decision. This product isn't just for NYC or HK or AUS, It's international.

Reactions: VegetableStu

heckinwoofer

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Dec 14, 2017
At the end of the day it's @Wahaha360 choice his project. While he did ask us for input, he has made his decision. This product isn't just for NYC or HK or AUS, It's international.
Of course it's his choice, but these inputs from other forum members could help avoid negative associations from all around the world. As you said, it's an international product.

Ildar

Efficiency Noob
Oct 13, 2017
This product isn't just for NYC or HK or AUS, It's international.
Exactly. That's why people here share their thoughts about what associations these proposed names give them. If you want to go international I think it's a good idea to choose something that have minimum negative connotations around the globe.

Another question is that FDFab sounds... too generic? Like a random factory in the middle of China, whose name you forget as soon as you close their website, the name is just not memorizable enough. And, as bynio noticed, FD part clearly resembles Fractal Design. Not even mentioning that "fab" sounds like "fap" when you speak normally without stressing "b" (oopsiesoup, Brude27 where do I sign to join your group?).

I don't have anything to input to this growing list of names, but I like what Xevol proposed and Metroversal continued - use T1 as a company name and add normal words to name cases like Compact, Vertical, etc. It is easier to understand without need to remeber all these abbreviations later ("Is T1 the name of that first small case which supports only LT240? Or is it that vertical one? Oh, that one is V3, right?")

Navic

Master of Cramming
Jan 6, 2019
I know this has been said already but what is the main reason that a 240 aio doesn't work?

Length
Thickness
Or tubing length?
At this point I'd assume it's thickness, and the length of it and where the fans are mounted on the radiator. Also tubing length can be a problem, but if the LT240 is to go by, then it's just the quick-disconnect that causes the problem.
TL;DR: All of the above.

Reactions: DrHudacris

SSJ4

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Feb 10, 2020
www.ospreygaming.com.au
Exactly. That's why people here share their thoughts about what associations these proposed names give them. If you want to go international I think it's a good idea to choose something that have minimum negative connotations around the globe.

Another question is that FDFab sounds... too generic? Like a random factory in the middle of China, whose name you forget as soon as you close their website, the name is just not memorizable enough. And, as bynio noticed, FD part clearly resembles Fractal Design. Not even mentioning that "fab" sounds like "fap" when you speak normally without stressing "b" (oopsiesoup, Brude27 where do I sign to join your group?).

I don't have anything to input to this growing list of names, but I like what Xevol proposed and Metroversal continued - use T1 as a company name and add normal words to name cases like Compact, Vertical, etc. It is easier to understand without need to remeber all these abbreviations later ("Is T1 the name of that first small case which supports only LT240? Or is it that vertical one? Oh, that one is V3, right?")
Well said.

And agree on the use of T1 as the company name. Really snappy and clean.

For branding and merchandise purposes T1 would be much easier to work with and matches the clean aesthetic of the case itself.

Naming the company is far more important than naming the case.

Last edited:

oopsiesoup

Caliper Novice
Feb 20, 2020
At the end of the day it's @Wahaha360 choice his project
I respect 100% np, i will definitely buy :) but im going to try just a little bit more. Being international, think of all the English speaking countries; US, UK, Australia, Netherlands, Denmark, Sweden, Norway, Finland, Philippines, India... Also, the ones that don't speak it too much still knows it.. Hong Kong, Taiwan.. lets just say most big major cities. Forgive me if get wrong just going quickly from top of my dead. So you kind of have to choose your target market really. You can look at the median income ppp, and think of where you will most likely sell the bulk of your $200 product to. I would guess many of these places will speak decent English? My apologies, i don't mean to offend anyone, bad idea for me to mix business with pleasure. But at team business meetings we don't really apologize about this because we try to serve our target markets as best as we could. It's a great case, Cheers! I will buy :) but like it a tiny bit less when i tell someone its my fab.

Reactions: Sh0ckwaveFlash

Wyd4

Cable-Tie Ninja
Oct 21, 2018
I respect 100% np, i will definitely buy :) but im going to try just a little bit more. Being international, think of all the English speaking countries; US, UK, Australia, Netherlands, Denmark, Sweden, Norway, Finland, Philippines, India... Also, the ones that don't speak it too much still knows it.. Hong Kong, Taiwan.. lets just say most big major cities. Forgive me if get wrong just going quickly from top of my dead. So you kind of have to choose your target market really. You can look at the median income ppp, and think of where you will most likely sell the bulk of your $200 product to. I would guess many of these places will speak decent English? My apologies, i don't mean to offend anyone, bad idea for me to mix business with pleasure. But at team business meetings we don't really apologize about this because we try to serve our target markets as best as we could. It's a great case, Cheers! I will buy :) but like it a tiny bit less when i tell someone its my fab.

You could tell them its your T1, like it always was :)

Brude27

Master of Cramming
Jun 21, 2018
Tracking does seem to be moving now, so hooray!

Also, I stopped getting notifications on this thread again last night, and haven’t been getting them when people tag my name in their posts for quite some time. I’m not sure what gives, but no settings have changed, and I’m only watching the SidearmD specific threads, so I shouldn’t be reaching a soft cap on my alerts. Any ideas?

Reactions: fabio

PBJ

Airflow Optimizer
Jan 6, 2019
Tracking does seem to be moving now, so hooray!

Also, I stopped getting notifications on this thread again last night, and haven’t been getting them when people tag my name in their posts for quite some time. I’m not sure what gives, but no settings have changed, and I’m only watching the SidearmD specific threads, so I shouldn’t be reaching a soft cap on my alerts. Any ideas?
At the top of the thread, try to “Unwatch” and then click on “Watch”. And make sure you haven’t clicked on “Ignore Thread”.

Brude27

Master of Cramming
Jun 21, 2018
At the top of the thread, try to “Unwatch” and then click on “Watch”. And make sure you haven’t clicked on “Ignore Thread”.
Yep, I gave that a go, too. The notifications have always been a little finicky on this forum, and I've speculated that I had reached soft caps due to too many watched thread notifications popping at once, but I have since alleviated that issue by only following a few threads now. This current "blip" appears to have started after I posted here:

I agree that while the name is decided on, and @Wahaha360 doesn't need more suggestions... he's already getting them, so why not?!?!

designD T1

^quick concept for a logo b/c again... why not?!

I'm not sure if it's due to the image or what, but thanks for the suggestion @PBJ. I'll keep my page open and try to make sure I don't miss anything. :)

Reactions: PBJ

PBJ

Airflow Optimizer
Jan 6, 2019
Yep, I gave that a go, too. The notifications have always been a little finicky on this forum, and I've speculated that I had reached soft caps due to too many watched thread notifications popping at once, but I have since alleviated that issue by only following a few threads now. This current "blip" appears to have started after I posted here:

I'm not sure if it's due to the image or what, but thanks for the suggestion @PBJ. I'll keep my page open and try to make sure I don't miss anything. :)
You’re welcome! Too bad it didn’t help.

That has worked for me in the past, but beyond that I’ve no idea.

Reactions: Brude27