Production FormD T1 Classic (READ FIRST POST)

Increase volume from 9.8L to 10.5L to support MSI Suprim X 30XX?

• Yes, worth the trade off to be more compatible with components

Votes: 116 24.7%
  • No, not worth it b/c it is not better than the ROG 30XX, which fits now at <10L

Votes: 353 75.3%

• Total voters

oopsiesoup

Caliper Novice
Feb 20, 2020
Yea, a rename would better. i remember when i first looked up this case i got a bunch of firearms pictures.
How about SideBox T1? or ScrapBox T1?

CyberBox 2077

Last edited by a moderator:

Brude27

Master of Cramming
Jun 21, 2018
Going back to the days of talking about the golden ration during development... Why not a play on the word phi? Call it the Phi-T1, which could be read phonetically as Fit One... and for all you Brits out there... this case is every bit of the meaning of "Fit" amirite?!?!

max31092

Average Stuffer
Mar 1, 2020
Some time lurker here: Phi-T1 sounds really good.

I hope you don't get discouraged. I've been looking for a portable case for quite a while and couldn't decide which one to order. But yours just seems to be the perfect fit among size and cooling capacity.

Theai

Trash Compacter
Mar 1, 2020
Update 2020-02-24 : "Sidearmd" brand name is a problem for Shopify and Bank Account, b/c it's too close to weapons / guns and etc.

Shopify just told us they are closing the payment processing gateway because the business violates their T&C B.5. I been fighting them for the last week explaining that this is for a computer case, but they won't change their decision. I suspect the name "Sidearmd" is too close to guns and weapons for their taste.

My Banker also wants me to change the name because it's too close to weapons.

New name then.
Call it Theai ;-)

posure

Trash Compacter
Feb 14, 2020
Ended up panic buying all the parts for my T1 build due to Coronavirus, but excited to preorder a T1 once they go on sale!

My specs:
  • AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
  • Alpenfohn Black Ridge with Noctua fans (A9x14, optional A12x15 depending whether I'm in 2-slot or 3-slot)
  • Asus ROG Strix B450-I
  • Corsair LPX DDR4-3200
  • Samsung 970 Evo Plus
  • Corsair SF600
  • Noctua NF-F12 case fans
  • GTX 970 until RTX 3080 Ti releases

Reactions: toxicdrift and F7IN

Chimpee

Cable Smoosher
May 23, 2019
Ended up panic buying all the parts for my T1 build due to Coronavirus, but excited to preorder a T1 once they go on sale!

My specs:
  • AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
  • Alpenfohn Black Ridge with Noctua fans (A9x14, optional A12x15 depending whether I'm in 2-slot or 3-slot)
  • Asus ROG Strix B450-I
  • Corsair LPX DDR4-3200
  • Samsung 970 Evo Plus
  • Corsair SF600
So on top of carbboard box setup to test it out?

Reactions: anoldfriend

gwertheim

King of Cable Management
Nov 27, 2017

My specs:
  • AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
  • Asus ROG Strix B450-I
  • Corsair LPX DDR4-3200
  • Samsung 970 Evo Plus
  • Corsair SF600

For the love of all things holy (and of course baby Jesus and baby Yoda) DO NOT PANIC BUY computer hardware. You can and will survive without it for the next couple of months. I highly doubt there will be shortages and if I am wrong it doesn't matter because it is a luxury and you don't need it to live. Funny thing is that if you buy now and something comes out before you get your case, you will be kicking yourself about it. So save the money and spend it on something worth while.

Proflucifer

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Feb 13, 2020
For the love of all things holy (and of course baby Jesus and baby Yoda) DO NOT PANIC BUY computer hardware. You can and will survive without it for the next couple of months. I highly doubt there will be shortages and if I am wrong it doesn't matter because it is a luxury and you don't need it to live. Funny thing is that if you buy now and something comes out before you get your case, you will be kicking yourself about it. So save the money and spend it on something worth while.

I didn't panic buy per say because I was planning on getting a different case and already had most of my stuff when I decided to wait for the noname t1 but im glad I already bought parts because right now on JD.com where I bought my stuff, 1 item has increased in price and 1 is sold out and another will not be restocked anymore and has been pulled off the store page.

I know there is only 1 full stop in that whole paragraph, im too lazy to check grammar.

Reactions: Sh0ckwaveFlash

tyen

Trash Compacter
Dec 17, 2018
The "noname" in the previous post made me think that "nomad" would make for a good name.

Feels right considering the small form factor and the talk about it being designed for portability.

F7IN

Trash Compacter
Mar 1, 2020

My specs:
  • AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
  • Asus ROG Strix B450-I
  • Corsair LPX DDR4-3200
  • Samsung 970 Evo Plus
  • Corsair SF600
You might be wise buying a 120mm aio if you're going for the 3800X