Production FormD T1 Classic (READ FIRST POST)

Increase volume from 9.8L to 10.5L to support MSI Suprim X 30XX?

• Yes, worth the trade off to be more compatible with components

Votes: 116 24.7%
  • No, not worth it b/c it is not better than the ROG 30XX, which fits now at <10L

Votes: 353 75.3%

• Total voters

gwertheim

King of Cable Management
Nov 27, 2017

The last group of text is the EPDM and they have 3/8-1/2

Reactions: arthasdklol

pwnedundies

Cable-Tie Ninja
Jun 9, 2019
My point is that it's only 1x15 and 1x25 if you have the LT240 rad between the panel and the fans, due to the differing volume of space between the mobo and the rad, and the psu and the rad.

I believe the available space changes depending on if you do panel, fan, rad or panel, rad, fan.

If the fans sit between the panel and the rad, I'm assuming there's only room for a constant space between the panel and the rad, otherwise, I can't picture how you could fit 1x15 and 1x25 in the space between the panel and the rad. In this configuration, there should be almost no space between the rad and the mobo, since the order would be panel, fan, rad, mobo.
Correct. Because the PSU side is recessed allowing for the larger fan. I think when you wrote it out you answered yourself. I also don't think this will be better than fans/rad/panel. Maybe in the ghost since it has wayyy less ventilation, and cable clutter is worse. Also it has the a totally different possible fan configuration. What were the total amount of fans in this one you are referencing?

The only way it makes sense it would be better is if the static pressure is able to overcome the rad and the panel better by being between. Either way you have your answer.

incunabula

Average Stuffer
Jun 14, 2019
hey all,

I am having trouble finding the rubber tubing for this build, if anyone can find it and post it, it will be much appreciated

epdm rubber tubing 3/8'' - 1/2''

As forestpatrol pointed out, you can get it at McMaster, but I'd advise against it. The walls at 3/8ID x 1/2OD are too thin for EPDM, and the tubing has pretty much zero bend tolerance before kinking/collapsing. I use a lot of this stuff at work, and would strongly suggest 1/4ID x 1/2OD. Even 1/4ID x 3/8OD holds up pretty well, but they look (subjectively) too thin for this application.

EDIT: Also note that all EPDM tubing from McMaster will have the name/specs printed down the entire length.

EDIT2: For anyone looking for fittings for the tubing I suggest, Koolance has very low profile 1/4" barb fittings, and 1/2" spring clamps that I think look fine, and work well. They even have 1/4" QDCs, although the bodies of those are still pretty big.

Barb

Elbow

1/2" Clamps

Last edited:
Reactions: forestpatrol

gwertheim

King of Cable Management
Nov 27, 2017
As forestpatrol pointed out, you can get it at McMaster, but I'd advise against it. The walls at 3/8ID x 1/2OD are too thin for EPDM, and the tubing has pretty much zero bend tolerance before kinking/collapsing. I use a lot of this stuff at work, and would strongly suggest 1/4ID x 1/2OD. Even 1/4ID x 3/8OD holds up pretty well, but they look (subjectively) too thin for this application.

EDIT: Also note that all EPDM tubing from McMaster will have the name/specs printed down the entire length.

EDIT2: For anyone looking for fittings for the tubing I suggest, Koolance has very low profile 1/4" barb fittings, and 3/8" spring clamps that I think look fine, and work well. They even have 1/4" QDCs, although the bodies of those are still pretty big.

thx for the heads up

ExplodingWaffle101

SFF Lingo Aficionado
May 11, 2018
was just looking at the gpu clearance pic in the main thread: how much room is there for a backplate? and, im sure you've put this before but just to make sure: is the riser behind the mobo or the gpu?

Reactions: dryogo

forestpatrol

Caliper Novice
Feb 6, 2020

EDIT2: For anyone looking for fittings for the tubing I suggest, Koolance has very low profile 1/4" barb fittings, and 1/2" spring clamps that I think look fine, and work well. They even have 1/4" QDCs, although the bodies of those are still pretty big.

Barb

Elbow

1/2" Clamps
thx for the heads up

Grainger has it as well but I can only find it in 100ft packs on their website. Maybe you could call and try to place a smaller order. Or if a local store had some you could probably get just what you need.

@incunabula, do you know if they also print on the tubes? Have you ever bought from them?

incunabula

Average Stuffer
Jun 14, 2019
Grainger has it as well but I can only find it in 100ft packs on their website. Maybe you could call and try to place a smaller order. Or if a local store had some you could probably get just what you need.

@incunabula, do you know if they also print on the tubes? Have you ever bought from them?

They are also printed. It's important for professional applications so you can plan interventions/expansions appropriately.

To be fair, the printing is not that intrusive. It's sort of a soft gray, and typically only on one side. Some strategic installation would conceal the vast majority of it.

Reactions: forestpatrol

PBJ

Airflow Optimizer
Jan 6, 2019

notbitcoin

Average Stuffer
Aug 3, 2019

i'm using the 5/16" x 7/16" of this (so 1/16" thick walls as well) and kinking/collapsing is only an issue on tight 90 degree-ish bends (such as this). you can mitigate the problem substantially though by using some anti-kink coils (here's the above spec tubing with the stock LT240 anti-kink coiling), but obviously that makes the OD of the whole "tube" larger and begs the question of why not just use larger/thicker tubing in the first place.

also wanted to note that it does not have any branding on the tubing at all, but it does have visible lines running down the length of the tube (can't think of the technical term atm, but you can kind of see them in the pics above).

Benihana

Average Stuffer
Sep 18, 2018
As an alternative, Alphacool is coming out with some new GPU coolers with the fittings coming out parallel with the card.

Reactions: Van0 and fabio

Fueled By Yams

Trash Compacter
Jan 21, 2020
Hello,
Sorry if this has been asked before, but trying to find the answer in this long thread is proving difficult. So- If I'm going to install a 2.75 slot GPU like a Strix card, I have to use the three slot bracket right? And if so, is there a pcie cover I can use to cover up that third empty slot?

Thanks. I think that this case will blow everyone away.

Navic

Master of Cramming
Jan 6, 2019
Hello,
Sorry if this has been asked before, but trying to find the answer in this long thread is proving difficult. So- If I'm going to install a 2.75 slot GPU like a Strix card, I have to use the three slot bracket right? And if so, is there a pcie cover I can use to cover up that third empty slot?

Thanks. I think that this case will blow everyone away.
Yes, you will need to use the 3 slot bracket. No, there is no cover for the rest of the slot

3dl1r

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Mar 6, 2019
You can use a single slot card, the spine is adjustable
Of course, but i will still be needing a cover for the empty slot. I have a radeon wx 7100 and a strix rtx 2080, i will be switching those according to the needs, hence this case.

gwertheim

King of Cable Management
Nov 27, 2017
Of course, but i will still be needing a cover for the empty slot. I have a radeon wx 7100 and a strix rtx 2080, i will be switching those according to the needs, hence this case.

No you'll be fine, watch the Optimum Tech initial review and you will see how it works

incunabula

Average Stuffer
Jun 14, 2019
i'm using the 5/16" x 7/16" of this (so 1/16" thick walls as well) and kinking/collapsing is only an issue on tight 90 degree-ish bends (such as this). you can mitigate the problem substantially though by using some anti-kink coils (here's the above spec tubing with the stock LT240 anti-kink coiling), but obviously that makes the OD of the whole "tube" larger and begs the question of why not just use larger/thicker tubing in the first place.

also wanted to note that it does not have any branding on the tubing at all, but it does have visible lines running down the length of the tube (can't think of the technical term atm, but you can kind of see them in the pics above).

Whatever tubing you're using, I'm pretty sure it's some other type of rubber/plastic. It appears from the photos like it's seemed, and EPDM is seamless. All commonly available EPDM should also be marked as such unless, like I assume EK did, you contract with the factory to get it without branding.

Edit: Where did you source the tubing?

Last edited:

SirJack

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Feb 22, 2018
The Morpheus II in theory should fit in 3-Slot GPU mode (*only).

bigben, hetvler, Boil, madejackson also asked about this.

Maybe I just need to meet SirJack this weekend and test fit his Morpheus II, that will put this question to bed.

Also, anyone in Taipei with Accelero Xtreme III? It should also fit in 3-Slot GPU mode (*only).

I'm in Taipei this weekend; we can work something out!

Reactions: rfarmer

gwertheim

King of Cable Management
Nov 27, 2017
After talking with Wahaha360, he says the choice of fittings is motherboard dependant which means if you want a quick and easy solution, just replace the hose with 1/4 ID tubing.

If you want to replace anything more you need to wait for the case and work it out on your own.