Production FormD T1 Classic (READ FIRST POST)

Increase volume from 9.8L to 10.5L to support MSI Suprim X 30XX?

• Yes, worth the trade off to be more compatible with components

Votes: 116 24.7%
  • No, not worth it b/c it is not better than the ROG 30XX, which fits now at <10L

Votes: 353 75.3%

• Total voters

incunabula

Average Stuffer
Jun 14, 2019
Is the eventual two-toned version still planned to be black/silver instead of gray/silver? Will gray silver ever be an option?

SSJ4

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Feb 10, 2020
www.ospreygaming.com.au
Wait for the new case, Tmach1 for a wider compatibility with 240mm radiators and AIO's.
Just when I thought I had all the information cemented in my brain. I thought the Tmach1 was going to be a custom AIO. I am going to caulk it up as baby brain (got a 1 week old newborn at home stealing my sleep lol).

Anyway. Considering the performance of the LT240 and its still accessible price. I think I would be perfectly happy with the regular t1. But I understand if people just want to be able to grab a mainstream 240mm unit.

OP. Do you plan on sharing recommended fittings and tubing for making the LT240 work? or should we wait for Optimumtechs video for further clarification.

gwertheim

King of Cable Management
Nov 27, 2017
I dont recall seeing this asked anywhere. But have you considered cerakote? its pretty popular in the custom mech scene for making white alu cases. In fact im typing on a white cerakote board right now :)

Personally I think it will cheapen the look of the case and it won't look anywhere near as good as what @Wahaha360 is planning

Reactions: incunabula

SSJ4

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Feb 10, 2020
www.ospreygaming.com.au
Personally I think it will cheapen the look of the case and it won't look anywhere near as good as what @Wahaha360 is planning
really? have you held a white cerakoted piece of Alu? The case I have in front of me looks and feels amazing. I have had and used dozens of anodized alu mechs also. Cheap isnt what comes to mind when you handle cerakote but I have seen plenty of blotchy and uneven anodized cases. But each their own I guess.

Thought I would clarify. I wasnt suggesting cerakote replace ano. Just cerakote as an option for alternate colours. Ano can and does look amazing. But you cant ano white.

Last edited:

PBJ

Airflow Optimizer
Jan 6, 2019
really? have you held a white cerakoted piece of Alu? The case I have in front of me looks and feels amazing. I have had and used dozens of anodized alu mechs also. Cheap isnt what comes to mind when you handle cerakote but I have seen plenty of blotchy and uneven anodized cases. But each their own I guess.
Where do you get fancy keyboards like that? I’ve been looking for something that matches the quality of the T1.

Perhaps @Wahaha360 can make a keyboard? ?

gwertheim

King of Cable Management
Nov 27, 2017

Thought I would clarify. I wasnt suggesting cerakote replace ano. Just cerakote as an option for alternate colours. Ano can and does look amazing. But you cant ano white.

Let's just let @Wahaha360 do his thing with the case. It's his creation and vision

Last edited:

SSJ4

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Feb 10, 2020
www.ospreygaming.com.au
Where do you get fancy keyboards like that? I’ve been looking for something that matches the quality of the T1.

r/mechanicalkeyboards is a great place to browse peoples builds.

kbdfans is a great store to get everything you need. https://kbdfans.com/

And Geekhack is the equivalent to this forum.

Enjoy the rabbit hole. And itss funny you want a keyboard to match the quality of of the T1. Im looking at the T1 to match the quality of my keyboards haha.

Reactions: Kxrma and PBJ

JayRello

Caliper Novice
Jul 1, 2019
Black >>> Black + Silver >>> Space Gray + Silver (will be quite expensive ~$300 due to the exotic finish)

@Wahaha360 will it be possible to purchase the Space Gray + Silver panels separately in the future if we already have the black case since we will already have the frame? Just thinking there might be an upgrade path:

1. Get base black case.
2. Purchase tempered glass side panels when available.
3. Purchase Space Gray + Silver front, top, and bottom panels...

Wahaha360

a.k.a W360
Original poster
SFFLAB
NCASE
SSUPD
Feb 23, 2015
OP. Do you plan on sharing recommended fittings and tubing for making the LT240 work? or should we wait for Optimumtechs video for further clarification.

The default fittings on the LT240 will work, just the tubes length needs to be adjusted, that's really it.

TO do so you will certainly have to refill the loop and remove bubbles again, and that's a pain. Hence why it's just not user friendly, which is why I don't want to officially support it.

Reactions: SSJ4

Wahaha360

a.k.a W360
Original poster
SFFLAB
NCASE
SSUPD
Feb 23, 2015
I dont recall seeing this asked anywhere. But have you considered cerakote? its pretty popular in the custom mech scene for making white alu cases. In fact im typing on a white cerakote board right now :)

I been wanting to make a Black & White case for a while, Cerakote white has my attention. Where should I get a sample?

The trick is can my factory quality control it, making one off samples is not the problem.

Wahaha360

a.k.a W360
Original poster
SFFLAB
NCASE
SSUPD
Feb 23, 2015

r/mechanicalkeyboards is a great place to browse peoples builds.

kbdfans is a great store to get everything you need. https://kbdfans.com/

And Geekhack is the equivalent to this forum.

Enjoy the rabbit hole. And itss funny you want a keyboard to match the quality of of the T1. Im looking at the T1 to match the quality of my keyboards haha.

I *really want to make a T1 keyboard, similar to the Asus Claymore concept, 87 key with hot-swap Numpad & switches, I have been thinking about contacting Taeha Types for one off for myself (I can make casing, still need everything else) ?

Last edited:

Wahaha360

a.k.a W360
Original poster
SFFLAB
NCASE
SSUPD
Feb 23, 2015
@Wahaha360 will it be possible to purchase the Space Gray + Silver panels separately in the future if we already have the black case since we will already have the frame? Just thinking there might be an upgrade path:

1. Get base black case.
2. Purchase tempered glass side panels when available.
3. Purchase Space Gray + Silver front, top, and bottom panels...

That's the plan ?

PBJ

Airflow Optimizer
Jan 6, 2019
I *really want to make a T1 keyboard, similar to the Asus Claymore concept, 87 key with hot-swap Numpad & switches, I have been thinking about contacting Taeha Types for one off for myself (I can make casing, still need everything else) ?
Count me in if you ever offer one!

Last edited:

Wahaha360

a.k.a W360
Original poster
SFFLAB
NCASE
SSUPD
Feb 23, 2015
Update 2020-02-11 : Looking for T1 customers in the following countries to TEST Shipping! Offer ends Sunday, 2020-02-16 12:00 PST (UTC-8)

Priority will be given in the following order:
1. # of post on this thread from start to February 10th, 2020
2. customer who owns either an M1, A4 or Ghost S1 or a sandwich layout case
3. people who are building custom water loops using LT240

Australia - 1 slot available
Austria - 1 slot available
Canada - 1 slot available
Denmark - 1 slot available
Finland - 1 slot available
France - 1 slot available
Germany - 1 slot available
United Kingdom - 1 slot available
Hong Kong - 1 slot available
Israel - 1 slot available
Italy - 1 slot available
Japan - 1 slot available
Korea, South - 1 slot available
Malaysia - 1 slot available
Netherlands - 1 slot available
New Zealand - 1 slot available
Norway - 1 slot available
Philippines - 1 slot available
Poland - 1 slot available
Portugal - 1 slot available
Russia - 1 slot available
Saudi Arabia - 1 slot available
Singapore - 1 slot available
Spain - 1 slot available
Sweden - 1 slot available
Switzerland - 1 slot available
Taiwan - 1 slot available
Thailand - 1 slot available
Turkey - 1 slot available
USA - California, 1 slot available
USA - Texas, 1 slot available
USA - NYC/CT/MA , USA, 1 slot available
Ukraine - 1 slot available

chyll2

Master of Cramming
Jun 27, 2018
we are getting OT but man, do it. A 84 key (75%) hot-swap can be part of your consideration?

edit: Philippines represent! but if someone will do watercool, I am willing to wait.

cahill

What's an ITX?
New User
Jan 21, 2020
I’d take the California slot if available. I am new to mITX builds but this case got me excited to give it a shot. Totally understand if you’re looking for experienced builders though!

Edit: If it helps, my current plan is a high end build using a 120mm AIO similar to the OptimumTech layout so I can easily swap GPUs (Ampere isn’t too far away).

Last edited:

Wahaha360

a.k.a W360
Original poster
SFFLAB
NCASE
SSUPD
Feb 23, 2015

@SSJ4, Cerakote white could be interesting as alternative to Silver.