Production FormD T1 Classic (READ FIRST POST)

Increase volume from 9.8L to 10.5L to support MSI Suprim X 30XX?

• Yes, worth the trade off to be more compatible with components

Votes: 116 24.7%
  • No, not worth it b/c it is not better than the ROG 30XX, which fits now at <10L

Votes: 353 75.3%

• Total voters

Metroversal

Cable-Tie Ninja
Dec 5, 2017
The example you've shown has the NH-L12/S in the non optimal position. Might wanna rotate it for renders if that image is going in the manual for the T1 or else people will freak.
Hmm, nothing to tweak, I'm pretty sure that in the T1 the motherboard itself is rotated.

chyll2

Master of Cramming
Jun 27, 2018
For those that is asking about L12s orientation.. I don't have the case but per my usage, it really is about your components, specifically more on the motherboard that you use.

Wahaha360

a.k.a W360
Original poster
SFFLAB
NCASE
SSUPD
Feb 23, 2015
Quick question, can the L12S in the first build be rotated 90 deg? Seems to me that temps could be better if the fins were alligned to the fans at the bottom, or does the IO interfere with the heat pipes?

The example you've shown has the NH-L12/S in the non optimal position. Might wanna rotate it for renders if that image is going in the manual for the T1 or else people will freak.

Just for clarity - the ROG Z390-I Gaming Mobo in the rendering has I/O shield / heatsink makes L12S incompatible. The shown orientation is least obstructive orientation and only *might work if you bend the heat pipes on the L12S and or grind away a little of the I/O shield / heatsink.

Since it’s all wrong anyways ?, should I rotate it so the heat pipes hang over the RAM location?

Last edited:

FunkEngine

Trash Compacter
Mar 4, 2019
Likely after Computex.

I will not know the status of shipping company until next week Monday, after CNY. So I don't know yet.

If you watch the news, there is a virus outbreak in China = people are working from home = we are probably unable to ship immediately. When can we actually ship, I don't know yet until they respond to me.
Speaking of the virus, will the cases be certified plague free? Lol

Van0

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Mar 29, 2019
I don't think the orientation of the L12S matters as it's pulling air through the fins and is going to dissipate it in the same way regardless of orientation. It's not like the L9x65 or L9a where the fin orientation determines the way the air is dissipated.

gwertheim

King of Cable Management
Nov 27, 2017
Yeah I think if the virus spread on anything exported from China the outbreak would be a bit more widespread.

You clearly don't know anything about viruses or pathogens so I'm not going to bother.

Your homework is to educate yourself on how viruses and pathogens are spread not only for you to learn something meaningful but to also stop the disease of ignorance which will one day kill us all

sffjosh

Minimal Tinkerer
New User
Jan 27, 2020
You clearly don't know anything about viruses or pathogens so I'm not going to bother.

Your homework is to educate yourself on how viruses and pathogens are spread not only for you to learn something meaningful but to also stop the disease of ignorance which will one day kill us all

Thank you for your kind and helpful response.

DrHudacris

King of Cable Management
Jul 20, 2019
If it’s like other virus’, it can’t survive in an object for more than 24hrs. Even then, I’m sure precautions will be taken when shipping.

Yeah I think if the virus spread on anything exported from China the outbreak would be a bit more widespread.

Coronavirus is an enveloped virus, thus it is not as robust as naked viruses and won't survive a dry environment for as long. The longest estimates i've seen is ~5 days, but most enveloped viruses survive and remain infective less than that. Furthermore, coronavirus is respiratory, so to become infected you would need to inhale droplets containing virus. All told, if the case's surface is contaminated, the virus will be gone by the time it reaches you, more so if there is a dessicant added to the box as is often the case. Second, wash your hands. Third, don't lick your case, I guess.

Mac2636

Trash Compacter
Jan 21, 2020
Coronavirus is an enveloped virus, thus it is not as robust as naked viruses and won't survive a dry environment for as long. The longest estimates i've seen is ~5 days, but most enveloped viruses survive and remain infective less than that. Furthermore, coronavirus is respiratory, so to become infected you would need to inhale droplets containing virus. All told, if the case's surface is contaminated, the virus will be gone by the time it reaches you, more so if there is a dessicant added to the box as is often the case. Second, wash your hands. Third, don't lick your case, I guess.
Hahahahah!! Spat my drink out when I read the last sentence. Thank you. Always good to have at least one good laugh a day.

gwertheim

King of Cable Management
Nov 27, 2017

There you go, an informed opinion.

Just don't lick your case and you will be fine.

obnoxiousbehavior

Chassis Packer
Oct 31, 2019
Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.

I could give you all the information but at the end of the day you wouldn't learn a thing.
Say whatever you like but ath the end of the day you are incredibly abrasive. You always give terrible responses. You treat people on here like crap. These people are consumers. Most of them are asking reasonable questions and you give them negative and demeaning answers. You do you. I'm done with this. You've soured this whole thread with this crap. Idk why you are apart of this team but you need to learn some customer service skills. Good luck to rest of you. Hopefully you can get you case so you don't have to deal with this anymore.