Production FormD T1 Classic (READ FIRST POST)

Increase volume from 9.8L to 10.5L to support MSI Suprim X 30XX?

• Yes, worth the trade off to be more compatible with components

Votes: 116 24.7%
  • No, not worth it b/c it is not better than the ROG 30XX, which fits now at <10L

Votes: 353 75.3%

• Total voters

notbitcoin

Average Stuffer
Aug 3, 2019
Would a group buy on this forum really be that bad? You could at least get an idea of interest from people on this site without exactly excluding anyone else (assuming we don’t sell it out in the gb)
He already has the mailing list/notification list running, and I believe he said signups for that are something like 10x of this batch's amount alone, so a GB doesn't seem necessary since all it will do is tell us what we already know: this batch is going to sell out, and people are going to be left out.

So realistically people should just begin bracing themselves for that feeling of disappointment that comes with "losing" out on something, that way they at least don't make themselves look like fools afterward by lashing out at wahaha360 for the many things that are/have been beyond his control. Know that every single popular "boutique" SFF case is struggling/failing to meet demand right now (and even those with direct in-house manufacturing like Sliger are well-behind on orders for some models), so this isn't something unique to this case either.

I'd say if wahaha360 really wants to do the community a solid, he simply just needs to announce the time the website will begin accepting orders, and then limit sales to 1 per address (if possible). That will give everyone plenty of time to plan and prepare for the F5 madness that will be this batch launch, as right now even "February 1" is a bit ambiguous given that the current time of launch is based off of the release a review video from someone based out of Australia (and OT's videos seem to usually release around midnight AEST, so actual launch could be Jan 31 for the rest of the world).

gwertheim

King of Cable Management
Nov 27, 2017
He already has the mailing list/notification list running, and I believe he said signups for that are something like 10x of this batch's amount alone, so a GB doesn't seem necessary since all it will do is tell us what we already know: this batch is going to sell out, and people are going to be left out.

So realistically people should just begin bracing themselves for that feeling of disappointment that comes with "losing" out on something, that way they at least don't make themselves look like fools afterward by lashing out at wahaha360 for the many things that are/have been beyond his control. Know that every single popular "boutique" SFF case is struggling/failing to meet demand right now (and even those with direct in-house manufacturing like Sliger are well-behind on orders for some models), so this isn't something unique to this case either.

I'd say if wahaha360 really wants to do the community a solid, he simply just needs to announce the time the website will begin accepting orders, and then limit sales to 1 per address (if possible). That will give everyone plenty of time to plan and prepare for the F5 madness that will be this batch launch, as right now even "February 1" is a bit ambiguous given that the current time of launch is based off of the release a review video from someone based out of Australia (and OT's videos seem to usually release around midnight AEST, so actual launch could be Jan 31 for the rest of the world).

There are such things as bots that are programmed to find out when a product goes live.

I am working with @Wahaha360 to find a solution to the problem

Hiyulri

Efficiency Noob
Jan 5, 2020
@gwertheim That’s a bummer, but it’s just a part of the custom world. I certainly won’t harbor any ill will towards @Wahaha360 . I’m used to this feeling with things like limited sneaker releases from Nike lol.
If anything I’m just grateful to be able to have the open conversation about it with the people releasing it. If I don’t get it this round I’ll just pick something else up for now and then wait for the next batch to come out

neyurt

Cable-Tie Ninja
Jul 26, 2018
Can you give clear instructions on which website to use and wether or not we need an account ahead of time to make the order on launch date/time?

For example:

1) clicking on the sfflab link in OP take me to a 404 error site.
2) Going to wwww.sidearmd.com gets redirected to https://sidearmd.com/password
- Does this mean we have to signup for an account and use the password to login before hand? If so, how/where can I make an account?

Thanks!

gwertheim

King of Cable Management
Nov 27, 2017
Can you give clear instructions on which website to use and wether or not we need an account ahead of time to make the order on launch date/time?

For example:

1) clicking on the sfflab link in OP take me to a 404 error site.
2) Going to wwww.sidearmd.com gets redirected to https://sidearmd.com/password
- Does this mean we have to signup for an account and use the password to login before hand? If so, how/where can I make an account?

Thanks!

It means the site is still being worked on and not yet public.

Before orders go live you will get a link on where to go

Reactions: neyurt

Psyduck91

Average Stuffer
Jan 27, 2020
Long time lurker, first time poster. I'm really looking forward to this case.

Would the nh-l12s adequately cool the 3700x or should I go with a 3600/x?

Reactions: Spai1298

Wahaha360

a.k.a W360
Original poster
SFFLAB
NCASE
SSUPD
Feb 23, 2015
Long time lurker, first time poster. I'm really looking forward to this case.

Would the nh-l12s adequately cool the 3700x or should I go with a 3600/x?

I assume you are not overclocking? Noctua officially recommends the L12S for 2700X (https://noctua.at/en/nh_l12s_tdp_guidelines), which is more power hungry than 3700X, so you should be ok using L12S on 3700X.

If you go with 3600/X, the CPU fan will spin slower, so you should get lower noise.

If you want more cores, go with 3700X, if you want lower noise, go with 3600/X, L12S should work.

Reactions: Psyduck91

Wahaha360

a.k.a W360
Original poster
SFFLAB
NCASE
SSUPD
Feb 23, 2015
Update 2020-01-28 : Configuration recommendations

In plain language, the T1 is similar in *spirit to the Ferrari Stradale or Lamborghini Performante, its true potential can be unlocked by enthusiasts or people willing to spend the time, for everyone else, air cooling setup without dual 120mm fans will work.

Edit: fixed L12S orientation to be more optimal

Last edited:

Psyduck91

Average Stuffer
Jan 27, 2020
I assume you are not overclocking? Noctua officially recommends the L12S for 2700X (https://noctua.at/en/nh_l12s_tdp_guidelines), which is more power hungry than 3700X, so you should be ok using L12S on 3700X.

If you go with 3600/X, the CPU fan will spin slower, so you should get lower noise.

If you want more cores, go with 3700X, if you want lower noise, go with 3600/X, L12S should work.

Thanks, I already got all the parts except for the CPU and case. Will probably go for the 3600.

paulesko

Master of Cramming
Jul 31, 2019
The case is just so beautiful in the dual tone version..... I have just ended my dual rad setup on a Ncase M1... but... I already have an eisbaer around here... OMG

• Haha
Reactions: LowKeyFire

Raptor_N60

Caliper Novice
Nov 5, 2018
Update 2020-01-28 : Configuration recommendations

In plain language, the T1 is similar in *spirit to the Ferrari Stradale or Lamborghini Performante, its true potential can be unlocked by enthusiasts or people willing to spend the time, for everyone else, air cooling setup without dual 120mm fans will work.

Quick question, can the L12S in the first build be rotated 90 deg? Seems to me that temps could be better if the fins were alligned to the fans at the bottom, or does the IO interfere with the heat pipes?

Sashby

Average Stuffer
Nov 13, 2017

NH-L12S FAQ: In which orientation should top-flow coolers (NH-C series, NH-L12) be installed?
"In which orientation should top-flow coolers (NH-C series, NH-L12) be installed?When using top-flow coolers in a tower-style case, we strongly recommend installing the cooler with the heatpipes in horizontal position or with the bends of the heatpipes pointing downwards. Please avoid installing the cooler with the bends pointing upwards as this may result in reduced cooling performance. In desktop cases, the cooler can be used in any orientation."
The example you've shown has the NH-L12/S in the non optimal position. Might wanna rotate it for renders if that image is going in the manual for the T1 or else people will freak.