Production FormD T1 Classic (READ FIRST POST)

Increase volume from 9.8L to 10.5L to support MSI Suprim X 30XX?

• Yes, worth the trade off to be more compatible with components

Votes: 116 24.7%
  • No, not worth it b/c it is not better than the ROG 30XX, which fits now at <10L

Votes: 353 75.3%

• Total voters

obnoxiousbehavior

Chassis Packer
Oct 31, 2019
-_- rly, guys - chill. Give him a time until February. I also can't wait to see some builds, if it can hold like ryzen 3950X, but comments like that do not help.
Comments like do not hurt anything. People on this thread are weird. All they did was ask if he had it and shared the information.Telling people to chill isn't helpful. The people jumping ship isn't helpful but them expressing that they are going another route isn't disgusting either. People are entitled to do whatever they want. No one has attacked anyone here. People have asked valid questions and haven't been given detailed information. It's normal for them to feel the way they feel and yes at the same time expectations probably should be kept in check. This is a prototype and is made small and by individuals. They don't own the factory or any other part of the process but at the same time they are a business and should expect a lot of these questions and comments. People have the right to be disappointed when things change. It's human nature. No one attacked anyone. They just expressed their displeasure. I'm on board with shipping a product when it's ready.

Customer service is tough but I personally feel that some questions have been met with unfavorable responses. People have asked for information that has been provided and told to "look at the first page" or "go buy a case at best buy." How are those proper responses for a business? You can do whatever you want though. Just tired of everyone telling others what to do and no one wanting to be helpful.

Wahaha360

a.k.a W360
Original poster
SFFLAB
NCASE
SSUPD
Feb 23, 2015
Well, according to recent comments on YouTube, seems like OptimumTech definitely do NOT have a T1 to review.
@Wahaha360 from your posts it sounded like he already had a T1 prototype or something, I guess I was wrong lol.
Hope he receives his review unit before pre-orders are open.
Here's backup on that

OptimumTech doesn't have it because I didn't send it yet.

Wahaha360

a.k.a W360
Original poster
SFFLAB
NCASE
SSUPD
Feb 23, 2015
Comments like do not hurt anything. People on this thread are weird. All they did was ask if he had it and shared the information.Telling people to chill isn't helpful. The people jumping ship isn't helpful but them expressing that they are going another route isn't disgusting either. People are entitled to do whatever they want. No one has attacked anyone here. People have asked valid questions and haven't been given detailed information. It's normal for them to feel the way they feel and yes at the same time expectations probably should be kept in check. This is a prototype and is made small and by individuals. They don't own the factory or any other part of the process but at the same time they are a business and should expect a lot of these questions and comments. People have the right to be disappointed when things change. It's human nature. No one attacked anyone. They just expressed their displeasure. I'm on board with shipping a product when it's ready.

Customer service is tough but I personally feel that some questions have been met with unfavorable responses. People have asked for information that has been provided and told to "look at the first page" or "go buy a case at best buy." How are those proper responses for a business? You can do whatever you want though. Just tired of everyone telling others what to do and no one wanting to be helpful.

This highlights another much needed functional problem.

Congestion makes it harder for all of us to track what has been answered or said vs not available. I have told the SFFN staff we need to move to a Reddit model where post can be upvoted or downvoted for help track post and feedbacks.

Last edited:

Roen

Trash Compacter
Feb 20, 2018
@Wahaha360 Can I leave the backplate off the case if I choose to? Thinking of how to route some SATA to eSATA female cables out of the case, I leave my back plate off currently on the Ghost S1.

AMv8-1day

Cable-Tie Ninja
Feb 13, 2017
@Wahaha360 Can I leave the backplate off the case if I choose to? Thinking of how to route some SATA to eSATA female cables out of the case, I leave my back plate off currently on the Ghost S1.

This is crazy talk!

I ran my Cerberus X on a full ATX PSU sitting outside the system or just hanging out in front of most of the PCIe slots with the side panel off for months.
That said, considering how malleable IO plates are, it shouldn't be that difficult to find a space to hole punch out some room for eSATA cutouts without having to ditch the whole IO plate. Just a thought.

Also, @Wahaha360, just a quick mention, was an 8x8 PCIe bifurcation adapter ever tested? No worries if not, just wanted to get your take before I made any plans. I'm also considering an M.2 to x4 PCIe adpater behind the x16 adapter, but not sure how I would fabricate that with the x16 PCIe bracket in place. I'm holding out for the Black & Silver anyway, so not sweating your timeline. Good luck with your Feb launch!

Wahaha360

a.k.a W360
Original poster
SFFLAB
NCASE
SSUPD
Feb 23, 2015
Also, @Wahaha360, just a quick mention, was an 8x8 PCIe bifurcation adapter ever tested? No worries if not, just wanted to get your take before I made any plans. I'm also considering an M.2 to x4 PCIe adpater behind the x16 adapter, but not sure how I would fabricate that with the x16 PCIe bracket in place. I'm holding out for the Black & Silver anyway, so not sweating your timeline. Good luck with your Feb launch!

People around me have told me flexible bifurcation risers have issues. So I never bothered since 3M never made one (afaik), we don't have a reference to compare to.

Wahaha360

a.k.a W360
Original poster
SFFLAB
NCASE
SSUPD
Feb 23, 2015
Update 2020-01-14: Arrived!

We have all the parts now. I’m headed to warehouse Thursday to check quality which will determine quantity.

The website is no where near done.

Will send OptimumTech review unit in 12 hours.

The last day we can ship before CNY is next week Monday, what should I do?

Edit: let’s ship after CNY, website will be done then.

Last edited:

Wahaha360

a.k.a W360
Original poster
SFFLAB
NCASE
SSUPD
Feb 23, 2015
So the shipment will be on 27th January ?

Also what will be the shipment method? Postal services or private carrier ?

I will stick with the shipping date planned (see below).

OptimumTech also need time to review, so it's likely the better decision to delay the preorder.

I know you guys want some dates, so let's say *targeting February 1st with shipping starting February 15th.

Last edited:

Hiyulri

Efficiency Noob
Jan 5, 2020
T1 sent to optimumtech.

I sent him the T1 *flat pack, which is what customers will get. I also sent him the Koolance CU420V, this 120mm radiator.

I'm betting for 9900K OC and 3950X, CU420V will do.

Congrats on reaching this milestone! Getting a final production review sample out definitely makes that planned ship date feel very solid. Can't wait to check out the video!

On a more selfish note, I've been curious on your thoughts about a particular set up I am considering especially with regards to a statement you made about the T1. You see I have a 9700k, ASRock Z390 PHantom Itx, and a 1080ti FTW3. I don't have any particular plans to OC and have a slight preference to air cooling.

I've gone over most of the posts including your benchmarks on testing coolers with the 9900k to find comparable data, but I'm still curious on if you think a 120mm AIO would fit my set up better or if the Noctua NH-L12S would still suffice in the T1?

Statement I am referencing is from Reddit
"The 70mm CPU cooler support + 2 slot GPU is trade off for people who are into lower TDP CPUs.

This is the CPU cooling philosophy:

1. 110W or less *NO OC <85C CPU Temp, 8700K / 9700K / 9900K / 3700X / 3800X, get the A4 + 92mm AIO (Asetek 645LT)
  2. 160W or less OC on CPU <80C CPU temps, 8700K / 9700K / 9900K / 3700X / 3800X, Sidearmd + 120mm AIO (ideally custom loop with Koolance HX-CU420V + Noctua A12x25)
  3. 200W or less OC on CPU <80C CPU temps, 8700K / 9700K / 9900K / 9920X / 3700X / 3800X / 3900X, get the M1 + 240mm (Koolance HX-CU720V + Noctua A12x25)
"

Reactions: Spai1298

Mahjund

Caliper Novice
Aug 4, 2019
I'm betting for 99
The 70mm CPU cooler support + 2 slot GPU is trade off for people who are into lower TDP CPUs.
Congrats on reaching this milestone! Getting a final production review sample out definitely makes that planned ship date feel very solid. Can't wait to check out the video!

On a more selfish note, I've been curious on your thoughts about a particular set up I am considering especially with regards to a statement you made about the T1. You see I have a 9700k, ASRock Z390 PHantom Itx, and a 1080ti FTW3. I don't have any particular plans to OC and have a slight preference to air cooling.

I've gone over most of the posts including your benchmarks on testing coolers with the 9900k to find comparable data, but I'm still curious on if you think a 120mm AIO would fit my set up better or if the Noctua NH-L12S would still suffice in the T1?

Statement I am referencing is from Reddit
"The 70mm CPU cooler support + 2 slot GPU is trade off for people who are into lower TDP CPUs.

This is the CPU cooling philosophy:

1. 110W or less *NO OC <85C CPU Temp, 8700K / 9700K / 9900K / 3700X / 3800X, get the A4 + 92mm AIO (Asetek 645LT)
  2. 160W or less OC on CPU <80C CPU temps, 8700K / 9700K / 9900K / 3700X / 3800X, Sidearmd + 120mm AIO (ideally custom loop with Koolance HX-CU420V + Noctua A12x25)
  3. 200W or less OC on CPU <80C CPU temps, 8700K / 9700K / 9900K / 9920X / 3700X / 3800X / 3900X, get the M1 + 240mm (Koolance HX-CU720V + Noctua A12x25)
"
This my CPU Cooling Philosophy
1. 8700K / 9700K / 3700X / 3800X, Get the Sidearmd or Ghost S1 with L12s or M1 With C14S .
2. 9900K / 9920X / 3900X / 3950X,Get Sidearmd with 120mm AIO (H60 or Custom Loop) or Ghost S1 / M1 with 240mm AIO or Custom Loop .
** OC For Ryzen Processors Does Not worth it for the most part , if you plan to OC Intel Cpu be sure to get as much cooling as possible .

Hardly

Chassis Packer
Nov 26, 2019
This my CPU Cooling Philosophy
1. 8700K / 9700K / 3700X / 3800X, Get the Sidearmd or Ghost S1 with L12s or M1 With C14S .
2. 9900K / 9920X / 3900X / 3950X,Get Sidearmd with 120mm AIO (H60 or Custom Loop) or Ghost S1 / M1 with 240mm AIO or Custom Loop .
** OC For Ryzen Processors Does Not worth it for the most part , if you plan to OC Intel Cpu be sure to get as much cooling as possible .

Maybe you can help me sort my cooling options out? I'm moving my 2,5 slot Asus Strix 1070 ti and 9600k in to the T1 if I can get my hands on one. This means i will have to limit CPU cooler clearance to 48mm in order to fit my GPU.

If I'm lookin to keep noise down as low as possible, should I aim for a air cooler like the C7? Should i replace the fan with a Noctua? Or maybe there are any other slim air coolers that are better suited?

Or is it just straight up better to go for a H60 2018 with a Noctua fan? How does pump noise compare to the niose level of the small air coolers?

Thankful for all tips and recommedations! :)