Production FormD T1 Classic (READ FIRST POST)

Increase volume from 9.8L to 10.5L to support MSI Suprim X 30XX?

• Yes, worth the trade off to be more compatible with components

Votes: 116 24.7%
  • No, not worth it b/c it is not better than the ROG 30XX, which fits now at <10L

Votes: 353 75.3%

• Total voters

tsmax

Caliper Novice
Nov 20, 2019
At some point in a project, we need to manage disappointment. There is real chance only 1 out of 5 or 10 will get one. We stop collecting emails entirely because we don't want to upset people.
Does this mean that when i put my email into the website today it didn't subscribe me? I'm down with the 5 minute rush to buy it, plenty used to it.

Wahaha360

a.k.a W360
Original poster
SFFLAB
NCASE
SSUPD
Feb 23, 2015
Does this mean that when i put my email into the website today it didn't subscribe me? I'm down with the 5 minute rush to buy it, plenty used to it.

You will get notified when the website unlocks, but not the T1.

For the T1, I will give at least full 48 hours advanced notice on this forum, reddit, and email all the subscribers in advance.

gwertheim

King of Cable Management
Nov 27, 2017
Update 2020-01-02 : Managing Disappointment

We are well over 10x more subscribers for the T1 than my the most optimistic yield for batch 1 - 200 units.

At some point in a project, we need to manage disappointment. There is real chance only 1 out of 5 or 10 will get one. We stop collecting emails entirely because we don't want to upset people.

So......

If you really need a case right away, don't wait, get what's available. It doesn't benefit us, but we believe it's the right thing to do.

If you are already unhappy, may it be delays, communication, 240AIO, etc, I thank you for giving this project a chance, but please consider another case. Why give your hard earned money to a project you are already unhappy about. For us, we much rather take order from someone who is happy. We don't have enough.

I would like to add that I waited almost a year for my batch 1 ghost and I was one of the lucky ones whose case wasn't full of production errors and not everyone was happy because their FTW cards wouldn't fit.

If you want something right away, go to best buy. If you want something unique and that is built with some passion and love, your going to have to deal with delays and major holidays like Chinese new year.

I'm not sure how it is where everyone lives in the western world but from Dec 20th til Jan 2nd or 3rd most of everyone is on vacation. It's just that time of year.

tsmax

Caliper Novice
Nov 20, 2019
You will get notified when the website unlocks, but not the T1.

For the T1, I will give at least full 48 hours advanced notice on this forum, reddit, and email all the subscribers in advance.

Ah ok, i assume the website will be open before the T1 drops then?

Also, do you have an idea of what side panel options will be available at launch yet?

FunkEngine

Trash Compacter
Mar 4, 2019
The spec is on the first post, +/- <2mm here and there. I don't understand what difference it makes to wait for the launch to to finalize that +/- 2mm.

I have sort through a bunch DWGs to collect the most recent *production specs. Since I have to do that anyways on final QA to make sure the dimensions are correct, I don't want to publish until I finish the QA process.

Ok, I was not confident that the specs listed hadn't changed throughout designing and prototyping. Those looked to be part of the original post and there had been no mention of specs in any of the updates.

Roen

Trash Compacter
Feb 20, 2018
Definitely waiting to see some builds with the LT240, I'm not confident enough to attempt it by myself right off the bat, so would like to hear the feedback from the first builders.

Arlu

Minimal Tinkerer
Jan 6, 2020
So it means that at the launch time, there's no 2 tone color version of T1? Only the black version?
Also does it ships to Japan?

Wahaha360

a.k.a W360
Original poster
SFFLAB
NCASE
SSUPD
Feb 23, 2015
So it means that at the launch time, there's no 2 tone color version of T1? Only the black version?
Also does it ships to Japan?

Only Black + Mesh at launch, shipping to over 90 countries.

Arlu

Minimal Tinkerer
Jan 6, 2020
There is any clue, how much shipping will cost to specific countries? I'm most intrested in Europe.
I want to ask that too.
The expected shipping cost to Japan.
Also, is there any photos of black T1 that
waiting to be launch?

heckinwoofer

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Dec 14, 2017
Hope all goes well for you and the project @Wahaha360. I am waiting for the two-tone myself, so I hope the all-black launch goes smoothly.

Also, I am not quite sure if this has been discussed before, have you tried comparing the cooling performance of 3-slot gpu (like with Arctic Accelero) + 120mm AIO for CPU vs a Hybrid GPU + Noctual L12/BS3 for example? If not, maybe Optimum Tech could do such testing.

Reactions: tsmax

notbitcoin

Average Stuffer
Aug 3, 2019
@Wahaha360 I noticed on the instruction guide that it doesn't show the possibility of rotating the PSU mount 90 degrees so that the PSU is horizontal. Is that still going to be a thing with this release/a future release?

Reactions: 0x3F2D

neyurt

Cable-Tie Ninja
Jul 26, 2018
I follow this project on and off when I find myself itching for a new case and the amount of disdain posts I see on here is disgusting.

IF you truly want to send a constructive criticism, do so in a form of private message. Parading your disappointments in the open forum does nothing beside voicing your personal frustration ( high chance it isn't shared by most). It' is no different than a child throwing a fit and tantrums when it does not get what it wants.

At the end of the day, NOBODY is forcing anyone to buy anything. Do so only if you are truly happy about it.

That being said, @Wahaha360 - what you are doing here is amazing and keep marching with your best foot forward. A case priced at $200 with the amount of quality and customizations is a welcomed approach in this community. You said so yourself that the expected demands is way more than what you will have in stock initially, that's not a bad thing. Choose to serve those who are happy to be served. When you have way more people happy than those who aren't - that's winning to me.