Production FormD T1 Classic (READ FIRST POST)

Increase volume from 9.8L to 10.5L to support MSI Suprim X 30XX?

• Yes, worth the trade off to be more compatible with components

Votes: 116 24.7%
  • No, not worth it b/c it is not better than the ROG 30XX, which fits now at <10L

Votes: 353 75.3%

• Total voters

Allhopeforhumanity

Master of Cramming
May 1, 2017
As I understand it, the issue has more to do with the proportion of liquid in the tube that is in close proximity to the walls of the copper (for more efficient heat transfer). The total tube length is typically also reduced if I remember right (which I definitely may not). That will contribute to less restriction, which would be great if you're limited by a weaker pump, but will hurt performance if you're not. Further back in the thread, Wahaha360 ran into this very issue while testing custom radiators.

The thermal gradient in the fluid will definitely be affected by channel diameter, but the convective heat transfer coefficient is also a product of flow rate and surface area. Larger tubes will have more contact area and less flow restriction with generally drives the convection coefficient up for the same pressure head. The length will be reduced slightly by the allowable radius of curvature for the bends at the larger diameter; unless of course the tube is so "wide" that you have fewer channel runs, so there will be a trade there.

Reactions: incunabula

incunabula

Average Stuffer
Jun 14, 2019
The thermal gradient in the fluid will definitely be affected by channel diameter, but the convective heat transfer coefficient is also a product of flow rate and surface area. Larger tubes will have more contact area and less flow restriction with generally drives the convection coefficient up for the same pressure head. The length will be reduced slightly by the allowable radius of curvature for the bends at the larger diameter; unless of course the tube is so "wide" that you have fewer channel runs, so there will be a trade there.

That makes sense if the round tubes typically found in radiators are actually larger than their flattened counterparts. I just always assumed that the volume was about the same between them.

AMv8-1day

Cable-Tie Ninja
Feb 13, 2017
man, some days I think I should just dump the 240 radiator support or remove it from spec like a secret feature.

I really need to create a 120 radiator kit that’s better than all these 240mm aluminum radiator kits.
Watching people ask about once per page about coolers besides the LT240 has got to be incredibly annoying.
That said, I really think laying out solid L/W/H limitations on the radiator space, CPU, and GPU clearance (2-slot/3-slot config) would be an easy way to avoid the constant nagging about "Will X work? What about Y? Have you tested Z?".
Give people the boundaries and when the case is ready for release, they can test it for themselves instead of hassling you constantly about every radiator and pump under the sun.

gwertheim

King of Cable Management
Nov 27, 2017
For those of you looking for the Alphacool Eisbaer LT240 in the US, you can get it from Titan Rig:

https://www.titanrig.com/alphacool-...ler-240mm-radiator-black-0315ac010801on.html#

Very low stock though!

Or I am willing to repackage it in a blank box and send it south of the border as long as all fees are paid for. Pm me if interested

Reactions: PBJ

schn1tt3r

Cable-Tie Ninja
Sep 24, 2018
I already have the eisbaer, but all images I've seen show that AIO with custom tubing. Will the stock tubes fit in the case too, or must we mod the AIO?

Windfall

Shrink Ray Wielder
SFFn Staff
Nov 14, 2017
69 pages in this thread.

White Inguz

Case Bender
New User
Jun 7, 2019
Will this case with a 240 custom loop be able to handle a 3950x? Oh I heard that the gpu riser wont work with the pcie 4.0 (or x570). Is that true?

Allhopeforhumanity

Master of Cramming
May 1, 2017
Will this case with a 240 custom loop be able to handle a 3950x? Oh I heard that the gpu riser wont work with the pcie 4.0 (or x570). Is that true?

All current risers that I'm aware of are pci-e gen 3, so with some boards you might have to change from auto to pci-e 3 explicitly in order to boot, but it's not like even a 2080ti saturates pci-e 3 x16.

0x3F2D

Trash Compacter
Oct 13, 2019
Will this case with a 240 custom loop be able to handle a 3950x?

GPU + 3950x with the lt240 could be difficult but really depends on the GPU. I'm planning a custom loop with a 5700xt and a 1700x. I think I will have a hard time undervolting the GPU and handling the heat. Got my eisbaer aio a few days ago and the radiator seems pretty small. Even though it is 25 mm high, the core is much thinner and it has quite low fpi.
Anyway, I'm exited to build in this case!

Killinger

Average Stuffer
Jun 25, 2018
Just a heads up for people in the US, I just bought the last LT240 that Titan Rig had available, and im not seeing anymore on Newegg.

Not all bad news though, currently in Barcelona and it seems like there are a ton of retailers in Spain that still have it according to Google, including coolmod and alternate.es which are reputable. If they dont ship directly to your country, you could use an international forwarding service like Parcl in a pinch.

paulesko

Master of Cramming
Jul 31, 2019
Yes, I bought mine on coolmod, but as you say also aternate.es and aquatuning.es also have them.
I live in Spain, and thought about offering myself to send some, but you know; the eisbaer at coolmod is 96,24 € shipped to my house. And then the cheapest way I´ve found to send it to the EE.UU is roughly 34 euros, so its a total of 130 euros (146 EU dollar) for the AIO which I guess is a bit too much, and we havent taken customs into account.

the easiest I think is talk to aquatuning who are the ones that sells alphacool stuff all over the world and ask them to sell it in the EE.UU.

Reactions: Killinger

notbitcoin

Average Stuffer
Aug 3, 2019
Just a heads up for people in the US, I just bought the last LT240 that Titan Rig had available, and im not seeing anymore on Newegg.

Not all bad news though, currently in Barcelona and it seems like there are a ton of retailers in Spain that still have it according to Google, including coolmod and alternate.es which are reputable. If they dont ship directly to your country, you could use an international forwarding service like Parcl in a pinch.
Grooves.Land has them as well (and they have been re-stocking inventory) for $120-125 shipped to the US (price has been going up/down as they re-stock). They also use UPS Worldwide Saver for their free-tier shipping on the LT240, so you get the package 2-3 days after it ships out.

Reactions: Killinger