Production FormD T1 Classic (READ FIRST POST)

Increase volume from 9.8L to 10.5L to support MSI Suprim X 30XX?

• Yes, worth the trade off to be more compatible with components

Votes: 116 24.7%
  • No, not worth it b/c it is not better than the ROG 30XX, which fits now at <10L

Votes: 353 75.3%

• Total voters

schn1tt3r

Cable-Tie Ninja
Sep 24, 2018
I'm all set with my build. Using a very old Bitfenix prodigy until this case is released.

IDK if it is normal, or if its that my thermal paste tube is 4 years old, but I'm getting 40-50 C idle with my 3900X... is that too high? (already using the eisbaer LT)

Bios was setting Volt to 1.47 default so I manually dropped it to 1.35

thekinghippo

Average Stuffer
Feb 1, 2019
Make sure your mobo has the newest Agesa update. The previous 2 have dealt with voltage on idle. The newest version is ABBA. After that I'd try running it stock for a little bit to see the result. In theory voltage should be dynamic within the range of .2 to 1.5 volts.

schn1tt3r

Cable-Tie Ninja
Sep 24, 2018
Make sure your mobo has the newest Agesa update. The previous 2 have dealt with voltage on idle. The newest version is ABBA. After that I'd try running it stock for a little bit to see the result. In theory voltage should be dynamic within the range of .2 to 1.5 volts.
I am on latest bios, but I don't know where to see if it is ABBA. I have a B450 I strix ITX

bobgr8

Efficiency Noob
Sep 9, 2019
I digress, but I have a MacBook Pro mid 2012 retina. I have stripped a hex screw (that connects the heat pipes to the CPU and the GPU). Any idea how to remove that screw?

I have tried using a rubber band and soldering the screwdriver to the screw. My thermal paste is also probably fried, and my idle temps is 60C ! XD

sorry, I know this isn't the right forum!

hetvler

Cable-Tie Ninja
Aug 13, 2019
I digress, but I have a MacBook Pro mid 2012 retina. I have stripped a hex screw (that connects the heat pipes to the CPU and the GPU). Any idea how to remove that screw?

I have tried using a rubber band and soldering the screwdriver to the screw. My thermal paste is also probably fried, and my idle temps is 60C !

have you tried grabbing the sides of the head with vice grips?

Jayanth

Chassis Packer
Sep 12, 2019

I have tried using a rubber band and soldering the screwdriver to the screw. My thermal paste is also probably fried, and my idle temps is 60C !

With larger screws, I usually make a vertical slot with a dremel and turn them into flathead screws. Idk if I'd recommend that in a laptop though :p

hetvler

Cable-Tie Ninja
Aug 13, 2019
The screw is really flush with the heat pipe.

I used cheap tools to remove the screw. The freaking screw head stripped. So I've learnt never to use cheap tools again!

that seems more like a cheap screw than a cheap tool to me!

you could also try JB Welding something to the screw, might be stronger than some solder since you cant straight up weld.

AMv8-1day

Cable-Tie Ninja
Feb 13, 2017
I wonder if you averaged out the posts ignoring the many responses about the LT240 being the only officially supported 240mm radiator, asking "Is there a list of supported 240mm radiators?" would it be every 7 posts? 8?
I am personally very interested in test fitting alternatives, but as stated many (many) times, @Wahaha360 is laser focused on the current outer dimensions and 120mm support with the LT240 a welcome bonus.
I'd like a bit more detail on inner X/Y/Z dimensions for planning, virtual test fitting, but as it's still not an officially "done" design, I understand not wanting to post MM exact measurements that might not be 100% accurate to the final product. And frankly, anyone trying to buy parts now based on prototype dimensions for an unreleased case, doesn't really have the right to complain if something doesn't fit.

normanu

Cable Smoosher
Sep 8, 2019
I wonder if you averaged out the posts ignoring the many responses about the LT240 being the only officially supported 240mm radiator, asking "Is there a list of supported 240mm radiators?" would it be every 7 posts? 8?
I am personally very interested in test fitting alternatives, but as stated many (many) times, @Wahaha360 is laser focused on the current outer dimensions and 120mm support with the LT240 a welcome bonus.
I'd like a bit more detail on inner X/Y/Z dimensions for planning, virtual test fitting, but as it's still not an officially "done" design, I understand not wanting to post MM exact measurements that might not be 100% accurate to the final product. And frankly, anyone trying to buy parts now based on prototype dimensions for an unreleased case, doesn't really have the right to complain if something doesn't fit.

As far as I read above, the case is already in production, see https://smallformfactor.net/forum/threads/sidearmd-t1-cnc-aio-9-35l.9933/post-162467

heckinwoofer

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Dec 14, 2017
CPU temps have been extensively tested in this thread, but how about GPU temps w/ tempered glass and mesh panels? I skimmed through the entire thread and couldn't find it. If my eyes are failing me, do point me in the right direction.

schn1tt3r

Cable-Tie Ninja
Sep 24, 2018
The focus is needed and a much appreciated change. Most of the concept cases (though not all getting into production) ends up bigger than what was envisioned. So really props to Wahaha on sticking with his vision.
Not only do they end up bigger, but they end up not even happening like the Dan C4. Fortunately, thanks to the C4 thread, I learned about the existence of this case.

Ansau

Chassis Packer
Jun 5, 2017
The focus is needed and a much appreciated change. Most of the concept cases (though not all getting into production) ends up bigger than what was envisioned. So really props to Wahaha on sticking with his vision.
That shouldn't be seen as a issue or flaw, but rather a symptom of having too much expectations regarding dimensions when envisioning SFF cases, in the stupid pursuit to have the smallest case that fits the most. When all those great minds have to face the reality of customer demands and production limitations, they end up being forced to do several iterations to have a product that can gain an audience and later be manufactured.

That is what differentiates a robust and feasible project from one that tries to sell you the new awesome thing.

Reactions: gwertheim

Tazpr

Master of Cramming
Aug 7, 2018
I actually GREATLY prefer the base black version without IO and the mesh sides - something about Mesh sides I find so cool because of how it diffuses light - Gigabyte's Aorus cards would look INCREDIBLE....er.