Production FormD T1 Classic (READ FIRST POST)

Increase volume from 9.8L to 10.5L to support MSI Suprim X 30XX?

• Yes, worth the trade off to be more compatible with components

Votes: 116 24.7%
  • No, not worth it b/c it is not better than the ROG 30XX, which fits now at <10L

Votes: 353 75.3%

• Total voters

Demon Boy Jr

Average Stuffer
Sep 1, 2017
Someone on reddit mentioned the Backplate wouldnt be swappable on this run; anyone have a source post or quote? I must have missed it. That's sort of the defining feature that differentiated this from the Ghost s1, Steck, or any other Sandwich imo. Seems like a big feature to miss out on.

Last edited:
Reactions: pwnedundies

Wahaha360

a.k.a W360
Original poster
SFFLAB
NCASE
SSUPD
Feb 23, 2015
Someone on reddit mentioned the Backplate wouldnt be swappable on this run; anyone have a source post or quote? I must have missed it. That's sort of the defining feature that differentiated this from the Ghost s1, Steck, or any other Sandwich imo. Seems like a big feature to miss out on.

That is wrong, of course the backplate will be swappable, that's kinda the main feature.

heckinwoofer

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Dec 14, 2017
Silverstone has a slim 240 as well, though it's an old product. 22mm thick but longer by 3mm, so I am not sure if that will fit. Pretty sure it will perform worse than the LT240 but maybe if the length isn't an issue that could be an option for countries where the LT240 doesn't ship to.

Rad dimensions: 270*120*25 (LT240) and 273*120*22 (TD02-SLIM)

Reactions: DrHudacris

paulesko

Master of Cramming
Jul 31, 2019
Interesting what you say about the eisbaer. Here in Spain it's easily available and one of the cheapest. I saw one yesterday for 90 euros, and I mean the whole thing with radiator fans and tubing.

equa

Minimal Tinkerer
New User
Sep 10, 2019
Hello, everyone, im building my first pc ever in nzxt h200 case and already looking for future downscaling. This looks exactly like what i imagine my case to be, but i have a question that comes from my inexperience with pc builds. I know h200 is large enough to support bigger fans for cpu cooling and larger volume for air circulation, however i dont understand if these low profile fans like noctua l12s are capable to reasonable cool CPU like ryzen 2700x and in the future 3900x or even 3950x without investing/risking with AIO?

I am building my pc as purely cpu based rendering computer (using 3dsmax+corona) that will just sit on a table or a cabinet and i wont even have display connected to it. I will throw in a cheapo graphics card just so it could turn on, as it is barely used in rendering process, so all i'd like to know is if these extra small form factor cases are enough for high powered cpus or its a no no without aio?

Sorry if its a noob question because i am one. Thanks

chyll2

Master of Cramming
Jun 27, 2018
@equa
just invest in AIO. The case was designed to cool the CPU with AIO. If you want air cooling, then you have to look at the cases that support 160mm towers (or the ncase with a C14/C14S

Check first page there is at least thermal results there including L12S. Personally, my L12S is good enough for gaming on a 2600x but anything that steadily push the cores to 100% utilization (rendering), temps can easily really reach above 80C.

equa

Minimal Tinkerer
New User
Sep 10, 2019
@equa
just invest in AIO. The case was designed to cool the CPU with AIO. If you want air cooling, then you have to look at the cases that support 160mm towers (or the ncase with a C14/C14S

Check first page there is at least thermal results there including L12S. Personally, my L12S is good enough for gaming on a 2600x but anything that steadily push the cores to 100% utilization (rendering), temps can easily really reach above 80C.

Yeah, i guess, or i just stay within a larger case. Rendering really pushes cpu's to limits, my rendering temps are about 10-15c hotter than running cinebench r15 for example. Thanks for clearing it out though.

DrHudacris

King of Cable Management
Jul 20, 2019
Yeah, i guess, or i just stay within a larger case. Rendering really pushes cpu's to limits, my rendering temps are about 10-15c hotter than running cinebench r15 for example. Thanks for clearing it out though.

If you will not have the case visible, why not go for a cheaper case? Sharkoon QB one has 240mm AIO support and still compact.

paulesko

Master of Cramming
Jul 31, 2019
It's not released yet, if you read the top of the original post, it says to click "notify me when restocked" to see when they actually release. SFF Labs just made a page for the case.

AH, ok sorry, I saw it this morning and thought it was at stock. My bad.

Poblopuablo

King of Cable Management
Jan 14, 2018
Silverstone has a slim 240 as well, though it's an old product. 22mm thick but longer by 3mm, so I am not sure if that will fit. Pretty sure it will perform worse than the LT240 but maybe if the length isn't an issue that could be an option for countries where the LT240 doesn't ship to.

Rad dimensions: 270*120*25 (LT240) and 273*120*22 (TD02-SLIM)
I'd like to know if this fits. I'm unfimilar with a diy custom loop and would prefer an aio.

Reactions: Wahaha360

DastruggleBeReal

Minimal Tinkerer
New User
Jun 15, 2019
I'd like to know if this fits. I'm unfamiliar with a diy custom loop and would prefer an aio.
The Alphacool Eisbaer 240 LT is an AIO, and you can get it online easily enough. The tubes are also higher quality comparatively and to top it all off if you want the Silverstone you need to buy an AM4 bracket separately.

Last edited: