Production FormD T1 Classic (READ FIRST POST)

Increase volume from 9.8L to 10.5L to support MSI Suprim X 30XX?

• Yes, worth the trade off to be more compatible with components

Votes: 116 24.7%
  • No, not worth it b/c it is not better than the ROG 30XX, which fits now at <10L

Votes: 353 75.3%

• Total voters

schn1tt3r

Cable-Tie Ninja
Sep 24, 2018
Americans are having trouble getting the 240LT and if we can get a better pump which could potentially help with thermals, why not try.

It's not only for this case I am thinking about but for all itx cases, current and future. Big picture

Get the 240LT from Overclockers uk website. Add it to cart and when selecting shipping to USA, the price will be way lower than what you see. I Paid $155 shipped for that plus a Model O mice. Or get it from newegg california.

EDIT: and I rather NOT support Asetek with their patent trolling, so I rather not buy from them.

gwertheim

King of Cable Management
Nov 27, 2017
Get the 240LT from Overclockers uk website. Add it to cart and when selecting shipping to USA, the price will be way lower than what you see. I Paid $155 shipped for that plus a Model O mice. Or get it from newegg california.

EDIT: and I rather NOT support Asetek with their patent trolling, so I rather not buy from them.

Makes sense.

I withdraw my request

Wahaha360

a.k.a W360
Original poster
SFFLAB
NCASE
SSUPD
Feb 23, 2015
@Wahaha360 any chance we could see a Asetek 645LT but with a 240 rad that can fit in your case?
Americans are having trouble getting the 240LT and if we can get a better pump which could potentially help with thermals, why not try.

It's not only for this case I am thinking about but for all itx cases, current and future. Big picture

The Alphacool LT240 uses the DC-LT pump, imo, it's better than Asetek latest Gen 6 pump.

The radiator on Asetek is also aluminum, it will perform worse on hotter CPU compare the copper radiator on Alphacool LT240.

I don't see a reason to buy Asetek for performance or noise.

I think Asetek does a better jump painting the radiator, but you don't buy AIO / Rads for paint quality.

Wahaha360

a.k.a W360
Original poster
SFFLAB
NCASE
SSUPD
Feb 23, 2015
How is the LT120 vs the LT240?

I don't have the LT120, so couldn't tell you.

The 120mm radiator, due to its smaller surface area, need significant FPI increase to make a material difference (2C) between Aluminum vs. Copper.

The LT120 has low FPI, so I can't imagine it being much different than a Corsair H60 2018.

I probably save the money and just go with the Corsair.

Wahaha360

a.k.a W360
Original poster
SFFLAB
NCASE
SSUPD
Feb 23, 2015
support for EK-MLC Phoenix?

You can get below 80C with most CPU (moderate OC) on the LT240, the EK-MLC 240 could get you 3-4C lower, but not worth the volume increase (~2L).

In terms of cost, if you spend the price difference on Noctua fans, you can get same if not better noise / performance.

If you just like the EK, then you like what you like, I get it.

However, if you are indifferent, space efficiency, noise, cooling, it’s hard to beat the LT240 on Noctua for SFF.

Last edited:
Reactions: mfgillia and fabio

Protools

Average Stuffer
Oct 10, 2018
You can get below 80C with most CPU (moderate OC) on the LT240, the EK-MLC 240 could get you 3-4C lower, but not worth the volume increase (~2L).

In terms of cost, if you spend the price difference on Noctua fans, you can get same if not better noise / performance.

If you just like the EK, then you like what’s you like.

However, if you are indifferent, space efficiency, noise, cooling, it’s hard to beat the LT240 on Noctua for SFF.
It's just that Alphacool is hard to comeby in South Korea.
looking forward to 'Fr33Flow custom DDC block'!

Reactions: DrHudacris

divanvanbiljon

Cable Smoosher
Jul 30, 2019
Only Eisbaer LT240 is supported. Anything bigger would likely not fit. And that EK you mention has the pump on the side of the radiator right? That makes it longer than a regular 240, so no way it will.
Why not extend it a few mm to make space for the corsair AIO's? If I'm not mistaken that is the most common cooler among the masses. Checked they don't differ by too much:

LT240: 270 mm x 120 mm x 25 mm
Corsair H100i: 277mm x 120mm x 27mm

A few mm difference.

schn1tt3r

Cable-Tie Ninja
Sep 24, 2018
Why not extend it a few mm to make space for the corsair AIO's? If I'm not mistaken that is the most common cooler among the masses. Checked they don't differ by too much:

A few mm difference.

This has been discussed before, if you want a bigger case with better cooling support, the N1 is what you should get. This case was designed to be as small as possible and it's planned to be released this year, so I doubt any more dimension adjustments will be made.

chinyang

Trash Compacter
Oct 17, 2018

A few mm difference.
I bet once the case is out, definitely there will be people trying to squeeze things in
hopefully we'll see some successful attempts

PBJ

Airflow Optimizer
Jan 6, 2019

A few mm difference.
I think that originally this was a case for 120mm AIO. The LT240 just happened to fit without increasing outer dimensions. In other words it’s a bonus!

Last edited:
Reactions: Beardedswede

DrHudacris

King of Cable Management
Jul 20, 2019
@Wahaha360 I know you're approaching the first production run, but I would like to share one concern of mine. It looks like the top and bottom panels have holes arranged in an inefficient manner, where less than 50% of the panel is actual holes to allow air to pass through. Do you think the vent pattern can be changed to a hexagonal arrangement, which is a much more efficient way to allow air flow? Basically you will have more holes in the same amount of space with a hexagonal arrangement. This might help thermals without any increase in volume.

Link to "circle packing", see "packings in a plane" subsection https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Circle_packing

Reactions: Killinger

hetvler

Cable-Tie Ninja
Aug 13, 2019
@Wahaha360 I know you're approaching the first production run, but I would like to share one concern of mine. It looks like the top and bottom panels have holes arranged in an inefficient manner, where less than 50% of the panel is actual holes to allow air to pass through. Do you think the vent pattern can be changed to a hexagonal arrangement, which is a much more efficient way to allow air flow? Basically you will have more holes in the same amount of space with a hexagonal arrangement. This might help thermals without any increase in volume.

Link to "circle packing", see "packings in a plane" subsection https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Circle_packing

I'm going to assume the mesh is sourced, not fabricated, for this build. Not much choice in the shape of the holes when sourcing i'd imagine.

I look forward to being wrong though!