Production FormD T1 Classic (READ FIRST POST)

Increase volume from 9.8L to 10.5L to support MSI Suprim X 30XX?

• Yes, worth the trade off to be more compatible with components

Votes: 116 24.7%
  • No, not worth it b/c it is not better than the ROG 30XX, which fits now at <10L

Votes: 353 75.3%

• Total voters

schn1tt3r

Cable-Tie Ninja
Sep 24, 2018
Anyone have an idea on how to custom water cool without the reservoir (just pump)? I have a certain water block in mind for a build with this case but I haven't seen any custom loops without a reservoir.

I've seen youtube videos of people doing this, the hard part is draining air completely. Custom loops work with no reservoir, but you would always have to add more coolant whenever evaporation happens so as to not damage the pump with air.

And... now for a question of my own.... The Eisbaer 240LT is the "only" AIO that fits is the consensus around here... but is that only true for those who will use the case with a 3 Slot GPU? Or is the radiator on the Eisbaer also thinner which is why its the only one that'll fit? If I have a 2.5 slot card, would a Kraken x52 fit for example? (I did buy the 240LT just curiousity)

EDIT: Oh, and can the 240LT be refilled with coolant like the regular 240 can?

Reactions: JayRello

Navic

Master of Cramming
Jan 6, 2019
now for a question of my own.... The Eisbaer 240LT is the "only" AIO that fits is the consensus around here... but is that only true for those who will use the case with a 3 Slot GPU? Or is the radiator on the Eisbaer also thinner which is why its the only one that'll fit? If I have a 2.5 slot card, would a Kraken x52 fit for example? (I did buy the 240LT just curiousity)

EDIT: Oh, and can the 240LT be refilled with coolant like the regular 240 can?
The rad is thinner at 25mm rather than the typical 30mm. This allows for a slim 15mm fan under the motherboard. The pump height is affected by the GPU slots you need, so in your case, you'd need 3 slots, so you limit the CPU cooler clearance (pump height clearance) to about 42mm or something like that. So no, your x52 will not fit with the 2.5 slot card as far as I can understand. In the 2 slot configuration, you can use it, but you won't be able to put a fan under the MB, so you'd be running the rad with only one fan on it.

Reactions: schn1tt3r

FunkEngine

Trash Compacter
Mar 4, 2019
The rad is thinner at 25mm rather than the typical 30mm. This allows for a slim 15mm fan under the motherboard. The pump height is affected by the GPU slots you need, so in your case, you'd need 3 slots, so you limit the CPU cooler clearance (pump height clearance) to about 42mm or something like that. So no, your x52 will not fit with the 2.5 slot card as far as I can understand. In the 2 slot configuration, you can use it, but you won't be able to put a fan under the MB, so you'd be running the rad with only one fan on it.
Let's say I have a full loop with CPU and GPU. GPU as single slot. Could I fit 25mm fans in both positions?

Necere

Shrink Ray Wielder
NCASE
Feb 22, 2015
Let's say I have a full loop with CPU and GPU. GPU as single slot. Could I fit 25mm fans in both positions?
You may be confused. The number of slots the GPU is using has no bearing on what will fit under the motherboard. I believe the current design only allows for a rad on the bottom with one 25mm thick fan and one 15mm thick fan. Nothing can change that.

GerryMz

Average Stuffer
Apr 23, 2019
You may be confused. The number of slots the GPU is using has no bearing on what will fit under the motherboard. I believe the current design only allows for a rad on the bottom with one 25mm thick fan and one 15mm thick fan. Nothing can change that.
Quick question ! if i throw in a 2.5 slot gpu , will i still have to use a 48mm cpu cooler , or would there still be more space for a taller cpu cooler?
i'm just uncertain if the 2 and 3 slot configurations are fixed/not subject to change or are they arrangable ?

Necere

Shrink Ray Wielder
NCASE
Feb 22, 2015
Quick question ! if i throw in a 2.5 slot gpu , will i still have to use a 48mm cpu cooler , or would there still be more space for a taller cpu cooler?
i'm just uncertain if the 2 and 3 slot configurations are fixed/not subject to change or are they arrangable ?
Well, I can't answer such specific questions definitively since this isn't my project... but I don't believe there's any adjustability there; it's either 2 slots or 3, with nothing in-between.

Wahaha360

a.k.a W360
Original poster
SFFLAB
NCASE
SSUPD
Feb 23, 2015

For GPUs more than 2 slot, you are limited to 48mm CPU cooler / pump height.

hetvler

Cable-Tie Ninja
Aug 13, 2019
thank you for answering! , so in that case, what would be the 2-slot gpu max dimensions ( W x L x H )

Graphic cards support: Three-Slot Slot GPU up to 315mm(length)

Looks like height isn't an issue from the pictures in the first post

I googled some 2slot cards and found the dimensions max around 44mm or so but most cards measure in "slots" so any card declared 2 slots should fit.

PBJ

Airflow Optimizer
Jan 6, 2019
Has it been decided which riser cable will ship with the case? Is it the 3M riser that was tested recently?

FunkEngine

Trash Compacter
Mar 4, 2019

You're right I've been following so many different threads that some wires got crossed somewhere in my head and I was thinking of it in terms of standard layout. Thanks

Wahaha360

a.k.a W360
Original poster
SFFLAB
NCASE
SSUPD
Feb 23, 2015
Has it been decided which riser cable will ship with the case? Is it the 3M riser that was tested recently?
Whay about PCIE-4 ? I tried a PCIE 3.0X riser on my 570X and I had bugs and freezes...

The ADT PCIe 3.0 should be included with the *base version. Since most gaming GPUs will not benefit from PCIe 4.0.

Afaik, the 3M is not officially compatible with PCIe 4.0, and there are no PCIe 4.0 ready flexible riser on the market.

However, I been told 3M PCIe flex riser seems to be plug & play on X570, so it’s the closest thing to PCIe 4.0 compatible.

The downside of 3M riser is the price.

paulesko

Master of Cramming
Jul 31, 2019
I have a x570i in a kolink rocket right now working just fine... My card is an old gtx 960 so maybe that is the difference, but it works without any hassle, I didn´t have to config anything

pwnedundies

Cable-Tie Ninja
Jun 9, 2019
I've seen multiple people without issues. mostly just need to change the pcie from 4.0 to 3.0 in bios

Last edited:

PBJ

Airflow Optimizer
Jan 6, 2019
The ADT PCIe 3.0 should be included with the *base version. Since most gaming GPUs will not benefit from PCIe 4.0.

Afaik, the 3M is not officially compatible with PCIe 4.0, and there are no PCIe 4.0 ready flexible riser on the market.

However, I been told 3M PCIe flex riser seems to be plug & play on X570, so it’s the closest thing to PCIe 4.0 compatible.

Sounds good, thanks! ?

PBJ

Airflow Optimizer
Jan 6, 2019

So, are you looking for other alternatives, such as the 3M, for the premium version?

Also, do you expect any problems with the space gray finish? Lately I’ve seen a couple of products that discontinued (maybe temporary) the space gray version such as the Circle Pro case and the Keychron K1 keyboard due to inconsistencies with the color.

Navic

Master of Cramming
Jan 6, 2019
Also, do you expect any problems with the space gray finish? Lately I’ve seen a couple of products that discontinued (maybe temporary) the space gray version such as the Circle Pro case and the Keychron K1 keyboard due to inconsistencies with the color.
Adding to this, I'm also concerned that if we scratch it, the coating might be too thin and the bare aluminum with shine through. I don't expect this to be as big of a problem as color inconsistencies, but it's something I usually experience with low-quality dark anodized finishes.

3feetcat

Caliper Novice
Apr 4, 2018
Adding to this, I'm also concerned that if we scratch it, the coating might be too thin and the bare aluminum with shine through. I don't expect this to be as big of a problem as color inconsistencies, but it's something I usually experience with low-quality dark anodized finishes.
Manufacturing won't be a problem. We will have color boards and sandblast samples prepared for the anodizing company before every bunch. We'll also have a person (friend) in the factory making sure everything goes correctly.