Production FormD T1 Classic (READ FIRST POST)

Increase volume from 9.8L to 10.5L to support MSI Suprim X 30XX?

• Yes, worth the trade off to be more compatible with components

Votes: 116 24.7%
  • No, not worth it b/c it is not better than the ROG 30XX, which fits now at <10L

Votes: 353 75.3%

• Total voters

Demon Boy Jr

Average Stuffer
Sep 1, 2017
I thought this case had I/O on its side?

Tbh I'm not sure what the current plan is. When Wahaha showed off his renders in January it had side io. In his April renders he had removed the side io completely from either side. In the Optimum Tech video that came out a few days ago, Ali mentioned they showed him the plan was for the power button to be on the back.

Reactions: Beardedswede

Borafuzzle

Average Stuffer
Jun 7, 2019
But isn't that test done on a completely open air system? So yes on that system it's only 1 degree but in the real use case, I can't imagine that slim fan keeping up with a full size fan

prava

Cable-Tie Ninja
Mar 21, 2017
Tbh I'm not sure what the current plan is. When Wahaha showed off his renders in January it had side io. In his April renders he had removed the side io completely from either side. In the Optimum Tech video that came out a few days ago, Ali mentioned they showed him the plan was for the power button to be on the back.

Well, based on his comment about USB-C I assumed that:

a) I/O will be on the side of the case, as we have seen in at least one render
b) Power button was never planned to be in the front or side (and was never shown there)

Still, I/O or not, I'm completely in.

PBJ

Airflow Optimizer
Jan 6, 2019
I love the minimalism, I hope the front and sides remain as clean as possible. As for the side-panelling, will there be only one option? Tempered glass or perforated aluminium panels would be superb!
According to the first page in the thread, tempered glass , acrylic and ventilated aluminum panels will be the options but the Optimum Tech overview indicates that only one of those options will be chosen. We’ll just have to wait for that to be cleared up.

I’m hoping that both Tempered Glass and the vented aluminum panels be available but if not, the vented panels are the better choice IMO as they’re appropriate for Air Cooling and Liquid Cooling.

staircase

Trash Compacter
Jan 26, 2018
i am not a fan of rgb lighting (1 fewer expense, more money for other stuff). vented aluminum gets my vote. i can always block the vent if ot provides better pressure to vent.

i could paint the glass or acrylic. i doubt it will look good tho.

Reactions: PBJ

White Inguz

Case Bender
New User
Jun 7, 2019
I'm new to sff cases, I was looking to buy the Dan Case A4, but this has everything that I want: triple slot gpu, better cooling for the cpu, two ssd slots and it's not as big a ncase m1.

However I don't know what would be the ideal cpu to put in this case, from the new Zen 2 line of cpu. Would it be better to use the 3700x and overclock it or the hotter 3800x with less room to oc? Will it be able to even cool the 3900x? Will I need to undervolt it?

I really want a portable PC, but I don't know the limit of this case.

prava

Cable-Tie Ninja
Mar 21, 2017
I'm new to sff cases, I was looking to buy the Dan Case A4, but this has everything that I want: triple slot gpu, better cooling for the cpu, two ssd slots and it's not as big a ncase m1.

However I don't know what would be the ideal cpu to put in this case, from the new Zen 2 line of cpu. Would it be better to use the 3700x and overclock it or the hotter 3800x with less room to oc? Will it be able to even cool the 3900x? Will I need to undervolt it?

I really want a portable PC, but I don't know the limit of this case.

The limit will depend on the cooling you install. If you go for a custom watercooling solution you could put any cpu, realistically.

deeree

Trash Compacter
Bronze Supporter
Mar 4, 2017
This case is beautiful from 5 sides, please make a vertical stand with space for a display port connector, this would be awsome, freeing desk space.
I like the idea of Sidearmd in vertical position. That would be beautiful alternative to the Corsair One. And the stand could be 3D printed by the end user.

Reamde

Cable Smoosher
Jun 5, 2019
I like the idea of Sidearmd in vertical position. That would be beautiful alternative to the Corsair One. And the stand could be 3D printed by the end user.

How would a vertical stand look? The i/o cables would be coming out the top surface or bottom, and routed through this stand?

Reactions: pwnedundies

staircase

Trash Compacter
Jan 26, 2018

the problem would be the switch.

i kinda like the vertical position too. i could 3d print something and hide all the cables

Woxys

Chassis Packer
Jan 20, 2016
Hi there!
So from my understanding it is possible to rotate the case upside down (radiator/fans on top) without compromising the practical functionality or the aesthetics of the case. Is that right?

NinoPecorino

Tweezer Squeezer
Platinum Supporter
Nov 24, 2017
Hi there!
So from my understanding it is possible to rotate the case upside down (radiator/fans on top) without compromising the practical functionality or the aesthetics of the case. Is that right?
you can see an example of the upside-down orientation in the first post.

Beardedswede

Cable-Tie Ninja
Jun 9, 2018
I wish it came in all silver .clean and minimize scratches being visible.

Either way. Hope it goes well with the prototypes. We in EU need this soon

Woxys

Chassis Packer
Jan 20, 2016
you can see an example of the upside-down orientation in the first post.
I saw that but it does not answer my my questions about the practical functionality and the aesthetics questions. You can flip almost any case upside down but that doesn't mean it will work well or be pretty ?

Navic

Master of Cramming
Jan 6, 2019
What is the total clearance for radiator+fans under the motherboard?

Last edited:

PBJ

Airflow Optimizer
Jan 6, 2019
What is the total clearance for radiator+fans under the motherboard?
Don’t know the measurements exactly, but it is designed for no more than a 25mm radiator + 15mm fan. So the clearance is about 40mm.

Reactions: Navic

PBJ

Airflow Optimizer
Jan 6, 2019
I saw that but it does not answer my my questions about the practical functionality and the aesthetics questions. You can flip almost any case upside down but that doesn't mean it will work well or be pretty ?
If you place it upside down, in the front the 2 colors will be inverted and the bottom and top panels appear to be identical so no issues there. I assume the case feet can be inverted as well. Also in the back, the power plug will be on the top instead of the bottom and the power button in the back will be on the bottom as far as I can tell.

That’s all I can think of and will still look aesthetically pleasing as it’s designed for both orientations. A matter of preference I suppose.

Reactions: Woxys