Production FormD T1 Classic (READ FIRST POST)

Increase volume from 9.8L to 10.5L to support MSI Suprim X 30XX?

• Yes, worth the trade off to be more compatible with components

Votes: 116 24.7%
  • No, not worth it b/c it is not better than the ROG 30XX, which fits now at <10L

Votes: 353 75.3%

• Total voters

Wahaha360

a.k.a W360
Original poster
SFFLAB
NCASE
SSUPD
Feb 23, 2015
I plan to start benchmarking, I want to create a fresh install of windows.

I have license copy of Windows 10 Pro N, which is different than regular Windows 10 Pro. This should not produce any difference in benchmarks correct?

vpri

Trash Compacter
Sep 9, 2018
I plan to start benchmarking, I want to create a fresh install of windows.

I have license copy of Windows 10 Pro N, which is different than regular Windows 10 Pro. This should not produce any difference in benchmarks correct?

That's correct. Windows N is only missing media apps, nothing more AFAIK.

Reactions: Wahaha360

Wahaha360

a.k.a W360
Original poster
SFFLAB
NCASE
SSUPD
Feb 23, 2015

Lights off, light on, almost there.

LightKiosk

Cable Smoosher
Feb 24, 2019
The idea of a two-tone case using Apple Space Gray with sleek side I/O is genius to me. I'm curious and excited to see what the final product looks like all put together.

Will the top and side panels connect via magnets, or slide in and secure via screws?

Wahaha360

a.k.a W360
Original poster
SFFLAB
NCASE
SSUPD
Feb 23, 2015

From left (high fin density) to right (lower fin density): Koolance HX-CU420V, Corsair H60, HWL LS120, Alphacool NexXoS ST30

Test components:
Asus Z390ITX + 9900K + G.Skill 3200 Ram + 970 Evo Plus M.2 SSD + Noctua NF-A12x25 (Sterrox)

Baseline Test: default configuration for Asus Z390ITX
Overclocking Test: MCE enabled, default for everything else

Testing software: Prime 95 v29.5 build 9 for 30 minutes.

Questions:
Should I use the Eisbaer DC-LT pump on all of these radiators to standardize the test?
Should I use 6mm ID tubing or 10mm ID tubing (default for both AIO is 6mm ID)?

Last edited:

vpri

Trash Compacter
Sep 9, 2018

From left (high fin density) to right (lower fin density): Koolance HX-CU420V, Corsair H60, HWL LS120, Alphacool NexXoS ST30

Test components:
Asus Z390ITX + 9900K + G.Skill 3200 Ram + 970 Evo Plus M.2 SSD + Noctua NF-A12x25 (Sterrox)

Questions:
Should I use the Eisbaer DC-LT pump on all of these radiators to standardize the test?
Should I use 6mm tubing or 10mm tubing?

I would like to see the 120mm AIO as well. There is also a new AIO made for the Dan Case coming up from Asetek which might be a good fit here.

Wahaha360

a.k.a W360
Original poster
SFFLAB
NCASE
SSUPD
Feb 23, 2015
I would like to see the 120mm AIO as well. There is also a new AIO made for the Dan Case coming up from Asetek which might be a good fit here.

The new Asetek 645LT designed for the A4 is 92mm.

From a 92mm to 120mm AIO is a 70% increase in surface area. There is also 92x25mm fan vs 120x25mm fan.

So I wouldn't recommend anyone using a 92mm AIO in the sidearm vs. 120mm AIO.

Is it really necessary then?

Allhopeforhumanity

Master of Cramming
May 1, 2017
Questions:

I'd recommend standardizing the pump between each test for consistency. I'm not sure what their pressure/flowrate curves look like and how to properly normalize the resulting data otherwise.

Changing the ID of the tubing should only have a minimal affect on the associated pressure drop across the lines, particularly because the runs are so short. I'm not sure what type of fittings you're using, but I'd probably pick which ever tube diameter most closely matches the ID of the radiator flow paths to minimize vorticity at the radiator inlet/outlet.

fabio

Shrink Ray Wielder
Apr 6, 2016

Test components:

Questions:
You can try in my opinion the 6mm ID. 8mm ID will be the sweet spot IMO.
And yes! the DC-LT as a common point is better to "standardize" the test!!
DO IT! Eager for your thoughts and results!

dlal1520

Average Stuffer
Dec 20, 2017
Standardizing the test for a set pump would be good. And then compare those tests against the available aios? If you're open to other aios, id suggest the m22 by nzxt as another aio to test against.
Looking forward to results

zzmadd

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Nov 18, 2017
I think the AIO Corsair should also be run on its own pump. It represents an all in one, buy then fit, then forget solution that could appeal some.
Or maybe you were already planning to run it on its own.

Last edited:

Allhopeforhumanity

Master of Cramming
May 1, 2017
I think the AIO Corsair should also be run on its own pump. It represent an all in one buy then fit then forget about the topic proposition.

I suppose it depends on what the purpose of the data is. I was under the assumption that it was to determine optimal radiator impedance (from FPI) with respect to cooling in a certain configuration. If you just want to know what the best off the shelf 120mm AIO is, there are plenty of benchmarks floating around.

vpri

Trash Compacter
Sep 9, 2018
I suppose it depends on what the purpose of the data is. I was under the assumption that it was to determine optimal radiator impedance (from FPI) with respect to cooling in a certain configuration. If you just want to know what the best off the shelf 120mm AIO is, there are plenty of benchmarks floating around.

If that's the main goal, I'd then standardize the pump across radiators.

Wahaha360

a.k.a W360
Original poster
SFFLAB
NCASE
SSUPD
Feb 23, 2015
DC-LT will be the standard pump across all 4 radiators then :)

@zzmadd I understand the benefit of testing the Corsair H60 AIO as is, so I will do that as additional test for comparison.

Reactions: zzmadd

Wahaha360

a.k.a W360
Original poster
SFFLAB
NCASE
SSUPD
Feb 23, 2015
Regarding Ambient Temperature sensor, I bought this G1/4 temperature sensor:

The Asus Z390-I Gaming motherboard has 1 x Thermal sensor. My plan is to connect this G1/4 temperature sensor into the motherboard and place the temperature sensor under Open Bench Table.

The idea is that if the SFX PSU is also placed on top of the Open Bench Table, given hot air rises, there should be no interference with the temperature sensor underneath it.

The benefits are:
1. when I screenshot the results, the ambient temperature will also appear on the HWiNFO
2. I don't have to buy an ambient temp sensor :p

prava

Cable-Tie Ninja
Mar 21, 2017
What is required for consistent testing is that you mount the cpu block a few times in order to get a good mount.

Why am I saying this?

https://martinsliquidlab.wordpress.com/tag/ek-supreme-i7-2600k-cpu-block-review/

Ideally, you should install your cpu block + pump, and test with a given radiator. Then, unmount the cpu block and mount again, test again. Do it one more time. If the results you are getting are consistent, you don't have to unmount the cpu block again, you can start testing other radiators with it.

I'm saying this because you have a lot of variables and not mounting the cpu perfectly will skew the results severely if not accounted for.