Production FormD T1 Classic (READ FIRST POST)

Increase volume from 9.8L to 10.5L to support MSI Suprim X 30XX?

• Yes, worth the trade off to be more compatible with components

Votes: 116 24.7%
  • No, not worth it b/c it is not better than the ROG 30XX, which fits now at <10L

Votes: 353 75.3%

• Total voters

prava

Cable-Tie Ninja
Mar 21, 2017
I was wondering when you are going to show up :)

I'm always lurking, you know that ;)

TBD, this is something we have been discussing internally for a while. Once I have the prototype at CES, I will know if this is possible.

You know how radiators have a forehead (G 1/4 ports) and chin, the chin is currently under the motherboard. *Some 120mm radiators can be rotated 180º, it really depends on the total length of the radiator.

I was thinking... maybe a solution would be to allow the fan / rad to be moved back and forth, IE using some sort of a rail instead of holes for the radiator. Of course, this won't work if the fan is attached on the outer panel. Is it?

The project will be subsidized by me, so it will be very similar in price with other cases on SFF, but limited in quantity.

Since Apple and other smartphone companies lowered their order quantity for 2019, there is surplus CNC and anodizing capacity. There is a real probability that I can get high quality CNC and Space Gray in one go. I been waiting for years to do this.

I wasn't refering to PRICE, but to COST. I'm curious that way :p

HZCH

Trash Compacter
Jul 21, 2018
You know, I've just been through an ordeal today, trying to swap my Define Mini C in a Raven RVZ01. But it misses a lot of screws, the power plug goes in the way of my Asus Strix 1080ti, and it's flimsy as hell.
All that to say that I DREAM of a compact case that could hold my GPU... I'm even ready to cool my CPU with an AiO if I have to (but I like aircooling a lot more)... Thus your case looks AWESOME!
Do you plan to propose a version with fully perforated sides? Because if it's not more expensive than the M1, and there's a clear compatibility list, I might bite the bullet for my birthday (or wishfully dream)

Solo

King of Cable Management
Nov 18, 2017

Poblopuablo

King of Cable Management
Jan 14, 2018
We already tested the XSPC TX240 20mm thick radiator on the 9900K, it’s not much better than the Koolance 30FPI 120mm radiator.

To support a thin rad will increase case height, thus volume by 0.5L, didn’t make sense for a 3C difference if you consider margin of error could be 1-2C.

My apologies, I didn't mean a slim rad, but just slim fans (nf-a12 x15 or similar ) . So only make it ~ 17mm taller to allow for slim 120mm fans. (Will help with exhaust or intake/depending on orientation of fans and case)

Wahaha360

a.k.a W360
Original poster
SFFLAB
NCASE
SSUPD
Feb 23, 2015
My apologies, I didn't mean a slim rad, but just slim fans (nf-a12 x15 or similar ) . So only make it ~ 17mm taller to allow for slim 120mm fans. (Will help with exhaust or intake/depending on orientation of fans and case)

The 25mm thick Noctua Sterrox fan has 50%-80% more static pressure than the 15mm.

15mm thick fans are not going to move much air or *any for high FPI radiators.

JayzTwoCents didn't love the temps in the Louqe Ghost S1 because these sandwich layouts are very densely packed, it's hard for air to flow, so a weak fan is going to disappoint.

During my testing, Koolance 30FPI radiator + Noctua Sterrox 120x25mm was enough for my 9900K (no OC). We also managed to OC all 8 core to 5ghz at 85-90C during benchmarks.

The better question is - to support 25mm and 15mm fan on 240x30mm radiator, to increase volume by 0.67L to 10L, is it worth it?

Not for me.

Last edited:
Reactions: chyll2

teodoro

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Oct 8, 2018
The conclusion might be the same (or I might be wrong), but I think the ask was to have a mount for a 15mm fan on the opposite side of the psu vs the rad. So you’d have a fan > psu > fan/rad in a column.

Would SFX-L present any issues beyond reducing the clearance for the rad/fan, i.e. a non-issue for the air cooling?

Reactions: Poblopuablo

Poblopuablo

King of Cable Management
Jan 14, 2018

The 25mm thick Noctua Sterrox fan has 50%-80% more static pressure than the 15mm.

15mm thick fans are not going to move much air or *any for high FPI radiators.

JayzTwoCents didn't love the temps in the Louqe Ghost S1 because these sandwich layouts are very densely packed, it's hard for air to flow, so a weak fan is going to disappoint.

During my testing, Koolance 30FPI radiator + Noctua Sterrox 120x25mm was enough for my 9900K (no OC). We also managed to OC all 8 core to 5ghz at 85-90C during benchmarks.

The better question is - to support 25mm and 15mm fan on 240x30mm radiator, to increase volume by 0.67L to 10L, is it worth it?

Not for me.
Again I feel like there is miscommunication.

I'm asking if it would be possible to add 2x 120mm slim fans to the top of the case: (please notice my phone drawing skills, ;p, but still keeping with tan&brown noctua colorway)

fightertoad

Cable Smoosher
Dec 16, 2018
This is looking like my favorite spin yet among the recent spate of larger A4 layout style designs. I like that it is meaningfully smaller than the M1 and is thin enough for easy carry on. Here's hoping for good availability during the year, and I'll likely look to get one to accompany my current M1.

Reactions: Arboreal

Wahaha360

a.k.a W360
Original poster
SFFLAB
NCASE
SSUPD
Feb 23, 2015
Again I feel like there is miscommunication.

I'm asking if it would be possible to add 2x 120mm slim fans to the top of the case: (please notice my phone drawing skills, ;p, but still keeping with tan&brown noctua colorway)

I see, I guess the height increase is not preferable imo. The new taller case proportions bothers me.

Once this sandwich design goes 10L+, there are more efficient design alternatives.

I will defer you to flipping the case over. Two Noctua Sterrox fans are quite efficient in this exhaust mode.

Wahaha360

a.k.a W360
Original poster
SFFLAB
NCASE
SSUPD
Feb 23, 2015
This is looking like my favorite spin yet among the recent spate of larger A4 layout style designs. I like that it is meaningfully smaller than the M1 and is thin enough for easy carry on. Here's hoping for good availability during the year, and I'll likely look to get one to accompany my current M1.

The current direction of the project is my attempt to establish a relationship with a new factory, and to bring CNC capabilities to multiple brands / projects that will be working with SFFLAB.

I have had the idea in my mind for a few years now, finally the right mfg and timing.

VegetableStu

Shrink Ray Wielder
Aug 18, 2016
The current direction of the project is my attempt to establish a relationship with a new factory, and to bring CNC capabilities to multiple brands / projects that will be working with SFFLAB.

good call. custom cases usually lack the reach (one way or the other) to a mass production factory o_o