Production FormD T1 Classic (READ FIRST POST)

Increase volume from 9.8L to 10.5L to support MSI Suprim X 30XX?

• Yes, worth the trade off to be more compatible with components

Votes: 116 24.7%
  • No, not worth it b/c it is not better than the ROG 30XX, which fits now at <10L

Votes: 353 75.3%

• Total voters

hetvler

Cable-Tie Ninja
Aug 13, 2019
sorry if i missed something... didn't want to read through the 80 pages of forum. Is the problem just clearance for the height of the rad? In that case, I could just use a 12mm fan from scythe or something else that is thinner than 15mm, right?

Its ok, we can't all be obsessively checking for updates on the case - happy to help.

I can't answer that one. I'm not sure where the interference comes from with other rads.

but more importantly... I didn't know scythe had 12mm fans. I'm totally buying a Morpheus 2 and seeing if I can fit that sucker in here.

edit: found 2 on ebay. ordering friday. this is the best day ever.

Last edited:
Reactions: PBJ

PBJ

Airflow Optimizer
Jan 6, 2019
sorry if i missed something... didn't want to read through the 80 pages of forum. Is the problem just clearance for the height of the rad? In that case, I could just use a 12mm fan from scythe or something else that is thinner than 15mm, right?
For example the XSPC TX240 is 20.5mm thick, while the rad on the LT240 is 25mm thick. Even so, the TX240 does not fit because of the width. Since we don't have exact case measurements, we need to compare it to the LT240 which is 270 x 120 x 25 mm (LT240 fits with 25mm fan below PSU and 15mm fan below motherboard). So it may be possible to get away with a 27.5mm rad and 12mm fan depending on the other measurements.

Reactions: DrHudacris

blorkborkey

Chassis Packer
Nov 25, 2019
For example the XSPC TX240 is 20.5mm thick, while the rad on the LT240 is 25mm thick. Even so, the TX240 does not fit because of the width. Since we don't have exact case measurements, we need to compare it to the LT240 which is 270 x 120 x 25 mm (LT240 fits with 25mm fan below PSU and 15mm fan below motherboard). So it may be possible to get away with a 27.5mm rad and 12mm fan depending on the other measurements.

I am really hoping I can get away with that, just ordered the water cooling parts and almost had an "oh sh*t" moment because I found out the rad was 27.5mm instead of 25.

PBJ

Airflow Optimizer
Jan 6, 2019
I am really hoping I can get away with that, just ordered the water cooling parts and almost had an "oh sh*t" moment because I found out the rad was 27.5mm instead of 25.
I suspect length is not a problem. My biggest concern is if it’s wider than 120mm.

schn1tt3r

Cable-Tie Ninja
Sep 24, 2018

The 240LT fits ONLY with the slim fan already, so no, nothing else is supported. If you look at the pictures, you'll see the one regular + one slim fan setup with the LT240 already.

blorkborkey

Chassis Packer
Nov 25, 2019
The 240LT fits ONLY with the slim fan already, so no, nothing else is supported. If you look at the pictures, you'll see the one regular + one slim fan setup with the LT240 already.
yes, with a normal slim fan, but with the one which I linked from earlier which is 3mm thinner than the normal 15mm slim fan, it should actually provide 0.5mm more clearance when using it with a 27.5mm rad

MattyKHZ

Average Stuffer
Sep 26, 2019
Understand two tone will only come after black is sorted, but I’d the I/O PCB sorted now and so only anodising to contend with?

Also is it worth checking no similar issues with two tone anodising at same time to get that headache out the way?

Ophiuchus

Cable Smoosher
Sep 18, 2018
Love this case, one probably dumb question however. On the off chance a future batch uses a ventilated, non-mesh panel -would you think they'd be modular additions to this first batch in place of the mesh?

Aviswa

Trash Compacter
May 24, 2019
Is the two tone going to be black and silver or space gray and silver? I thought it was going to be the latter, but the website says “black and silver”