Production FormD T1 Classic (READ FIRST POST)

Increase volume from 9.8L to 10.5L to support MSI Suprim X 30XX?

• Yes, worth the trade off to be more compatible with components

Votes: 116 24.7%
  • No, not worth it b/c it is not better than the ROG 30XX, which fits now at <10L

Votes: 353 75.3%

• Total voters

Wahaha360

a.k.a W360
Original poster
SFFLAB
NCASE
SSUPD
Feb 23, 2015
Aware of glass panel effect on GPU, that's why it's 3 slots with 2x 120 fans underneath it.

I think a recommended configuration and a review will also go a long way.

More temps will be public info before going on sale, no one is forcing you to get a window on GPU, there is the mesh panel right.

Last edited:

hmnzr

Chassis Packer
Oct 10, 2019
I plan to migrate my build for Louqe Ghost S1 to Sidearmd T1. Currently, I have 3700X with Noctua L12S. Will it be beneficial to swap air cooler to 120 AIO for 3700X or I should start looking for LT240 directly?

Floris

Caliper Novice
Sep 17, 2019
I plan to migrate my build for Louqe Ghost S1 to Sidearmd T1. Currently, I have 3700X with Noctua L12S. Will it be beneficial to swap air cooler to 120 AIO for 3700X or I should start looking for LT240 directly?

120 aio should work fine for 3700x. I'm using a alphacool lt120 (running at 7v for a completely silent pump) with it and getting 35-40 idle and 70 under load in a case with average airflow.
Could also stick with your L12s, but you'll only be able to use 2 slot gpu.

newtothegame

Average Stuffer
Sep 1, 2018
I'm really looking forward to seeing how this project develops. I can definetely appreciate the time and effort put into the update posts, testing and publication of the results. Wishing and hoping for the best [ including an affordable price ;) ]. Keep it up.

baratheonbbq

Caliper Novice
Jun 6, 2019
Aware of glass panel effect on GPU, that's why it's 3 slots with 2x 120 fans underneath it.

I think a recommended configuration and a review will also go a long way.

More in case temps will be public info before going on sale, no one is forcing you to get a window on GPU, there is the mesh panel right.

True, waiting with bated breath for temp info/reviews as it stands. Can't wait to downsize my computer.

SpaceJuice

Minimal Tinkerer
New User
Oct 28, 2019
Any thoughts on solid panels instead of TG? For people planning on running the entire system on loop I think it will maintain the overall clean look of the T1 better.

Wahaha360

a.k.a W360
Original poster
SFFLAB
NCASE
SSUPD
Feb 23, 2015
Update 2019-10-29 : anodizing has to be redone ?, so I took some photos of what we have.

* The chassis will be *all black, some of the parts in the photo are not powder coated yet.

And yes, there is space between the SFX cables and AIO Fan.

Thoughts:
1. The Mesh Side Panels are semi-transparent, when placed next to the window during day time, you can most of the GPU and Mobo side.
2. I think adding some shape via stamping to the Mesh Side Panels might make the case more distinct
3. CNCed parts are really nice - I should have just made this case years ago ?

Last edited:

SpaceJuice

Minimal Tinkerer
New User
Oct 28, 2019
If I add *any variation to the case 2019, I think the QA and shipping team will kill me, so let's just deal with that in 2020 ok.
Yea sure, I'm not suggesting we do this right away, just wanted to bring it up in case no one has brought it to attention.

Great progress so far. I'll most likely wait for 2 tone, solid panel for 2020 if you are considering that option. Not to mention new computer hardware like RTX 3000 and Zen3 are around there too!
But seeing the new pics turn out make waiting very difficult...can't help to notice tremendous work you have put in to the project.

Reactions: Madhawk1995

Mahjund

Caliper Novice
Aug 4, 2019
Update 2019-10-29 : anodizing has to be redone ?, so I took some photos of what we have.

* The chassis will be *all black, some of the parts in the photo are not powder coated yet.

And yes, there is space between the SFX cables and AIO Fan.

Thoughts:
1. The Mesh Side Panels are semi-transparent, when placed next to the window during day time, you can most of the GPU and Mobo side.
2. I think adding some shape via stamping to the Mesh Side Panels might make the case more distinct
3. CNCed parts are really nice - I should have just made this case years ago ?
it Looks Amazing , the only thing i didn't like that much is the side panel , i believe the solid panel with round holes just like the top panel or like other cases - ghost s1 , ncase m1 - will look better .

Last edited:

gombreak

Efficiency Noob
May 7, 2019
the mesh does look a bit rough with the exposed vertical side at the back compared to the symmetry and neat construction elsewhere, I guess this pushes me towards the window panels

Reactions: Kundahli

0x3F2D

Trash Compacter
Oct 13, 2019
Man, that looks awesome! You can be very proud of your work, Sir.
The pictures really help planning my own system.
Will you send some of these cases to reviewers or will you wait until the anodizing is fixed?