Production FormD T1 Classic (READ FIRST POST)

Increase volume from 9.8L to 10.5L to support MSI Suprim X 30XX?

• Yes, worth the trade off to be more compatible with components

Votes: 116 24.7%
  • No, not worth it b/c it is not better than the ROG 30XX, which fits now at <10L

Votes: 353 75.3%

• Total voters

Tazpr

Master of Cramming
Aug 7, 2018
As long as the radiator is 25mm thick or less, it should fit
The 20.5mm XSPC TX240 doesn’t fit though because it is too wide.

The LT240 is the only 240mm that fits as far as I know.
Trouble is that the LT240 has been discontinued now - replaced by the NexXxos ST30 from what I can tell - can't find anyone still selling the radiator so I'll have to just try my luck and use double slim fans - if it doesn't fit then I'll just have to sell it and go for the Corsair SF600

Reactions: Beardedswede

PBJ

Airflow Optimizer
Jan 6, 2019
Trouble is that the LT240 has been discontinued now - replaced by the NexXxos ST30 from what I can tell - can't find anyone still selling the radiator so I'll have to just try my luck and use double slim fans - if it doesn't fit then I'll just have to sell it and go for the Corsair SF600
I don’t think the radiator has ever been sold separately, only as an AIO package.

You can still get it directly from Alphacool:
https://www.alphacool.com/detail/index/sArticle/22106

As for compatibility in combination with the Nightjar 400w, I really don’t know.

Last edited:

Tazpr

Master of Cramming
Aug 7, 2018
I don’t think the radiator has ever been sold separately, only as an AIO package.

You can still get it directly from Alphacool:
https://www.alphacool.com/detail/index/sArticle/22106

As for compatibility in combination with the Nightjar 400w, I really don’t know.
Ah okay - it's discontinued on the Australian store lol maybe there's left over stock in Europe? I think I'll go with the ST30 purely for an ease of filling/draining as I can stand the case on its end to fill the loop.
If it doesn't fit with the PSU I'll get a different PSU.

Helps to read things twice... Looks like the 30mm rads are too thick, so I'll need to look for a LT240 so I can run double fan 240mm rad.

Last edited:

Lightningazza

Minimal Tinkerer
New User
Oct 13, 2019
I'm from Brisbane and was searching for LT240 local stock a couple of weeks ago in preparation for a build in this case... Ended up buying from aquatuning, cost ~225 AUD delivered.

Tazpr

Master of Cramming
Aug 7, 2018

PBJ

Airflow Optimizer
Jan 6, 2019
That's the first place I checked but:

Just gone :/ if the LT240 is being discontinued, what is the next best option as far as compatible 240mm radiators?
They have 1 left on overclockers.co.uk. They offer international shipping:
https://www.overclockers.co.uk/alph...u-aio-water-cooling-unit-240mm-hs-005-ac.html

Also Wahaha mentioned a couple of times that he will likely make them available on sfflab at some point after the T1 is released.

Reactions: Tazpr

0x3F2D

Trash Compacter
Oct 13, 2019
So if the tx240 doesn't fit (there has been a bit of back and forth), the lt240 is the only option, which leaves everyone who's planning a full custom loop with a rad that's currently only available as an aio. One has to swap at least one fan and change the pump to the fr33flow or Apogee drive II. Under these circumstances I think the support for the tx240 should not have been dropped especially because the tx240 would support full size fans.

Last edited:

DrHudacris

King of Cable Management
Jul 20, 2019
So if the tx240 doesn't fit (there has been a bit of back and forth), the lt240 is the only option, which leaves everyone who's planning a full custom loop with a rad that's currently only available as an aio. One has to swap at least one fan and change the pump to the fr33flow or Apogee drive II. Under these circumstances I think the support for the tx240 should not have been dropped especially because the tx240 would support full size fans.

Welp, here's hoping for a v2

PBJ

Airflow Optimizer
Jan 6, 2019
Apparently was dropped, because the LT240 performed better than the TX240.

You wouldn’t have been able to fit a full size fan under the motherboard either with the TX240.

Reactions: chyll2

PBJ

Airflow Optimizer
Jan 6, 2019
I think there was a difference of a few degrees. But the tx240 has the advantage of being sold separately
True. Some people would benefit from the extra mm’s of the TX as well.

Anyways, hopefully alphacool starts selling the radiator separately.

Reactions: 0x3F2D

PBJ

Airflow Optimizer
Jan 6, 2019
I think every other page the point about 120mm (up to 30mm thick) Rad/AIO is reiterated but lo and behold, people always get fixated on the bonus LT240 AIO compatibility and why it sucks.
Yeah, and Wahaha360 has stated many times that making it bigger to fit thicker 240mm rads is not worth it as there are more efficient layouts at that bigger size such as the Ncase M1. I personally like the T1 just as it is. It’s ridiculous it even fits a 240mm rad at this size.

It also has been said before by Wahaha360 that a custom radiator is being worked on (no eta) for people who need even better performance.

Reactions: rfarmer

pwnedundies

Cable-Tie Ninja
Jun 9, 2019
Can I get the black version with front I/O, or the white/silver with mesh side panels? I don’t quite understand the product options.
They will come as they are shown for now. Next year there will be different options available.

So black case with mesh side panels and no I/O.
Two tone with TG side panel and front I/O.

Reactions: PBJ