Production FormD T1 Classic (READ FIRST POST)

Increase volume from 9.8L to 10.5L to support MSI Suprim X 30XX?

• Yes, worth the trade off to be more compatible with components

Votes: 116 24.7%
  • No, not worth it b/c it is not better than the ROG 30XX, which fits now at <10L

Votes: 353 75.3%

• Total voters

JRey

Average Stuffer
Jun 27, 2020
@Wahaha360 or anyone that may know the answer...
What is the maximum temp allowed for the PCI-E Riser?

The reason I ask is, my 960 Evo is touching the riser cable and the controller is hitting 75c - 80c. I'm just a bit concerned I may melt the cable...

Reactions: AP2

AP2

Airflow Optimizer
Feb 1, 2017
Yup I was also concerned about the heat the Sabrent was putting out. I ending up buying a new mobo with an nvme slot on the front.

Arc_Lag

Trash Compacter
Jul 2, 2019
The ranking of radiators (best to worse) is currently HWL GTS, TX, EK classic, and last LT240. The LT240 suffers from being thin and low FPI, but definitely easiest to fit.

So comparing fans on top with TX or HWL to fans bottom with LT240, you have to consider that due to better performance, you can run fans slower on the TX and HWL. In my own testing, the fans are a bit louder when between panel and radiator. But at least with noctua slim fans it's a pleasing wind rushing noise (sorry I don't know the technical term for this, but I found it not annoying).
How would you describe fitting the HWL inside the T1 combined with their required fans?

SFF Watercooled

Master of Cramming
Sep 26, 2020
CAN the HWL fit inside the T1 is the question. It is 29.66mm thick (>27mm) and it is 133mm wide, which doesn't fit
As for the TX, it's out of stock and hard to get
EK classic will be a hard fit
the LT240 radiator is available separately, called the ST25.

Navic

Master of Cramming
Jan 6, 2019
CAN the HWL fit inside the T1 is the question. It is 29.66mm thick (>27mm) and it is 133mm wide, which doesn't fit
As for the TX, it's out of stock and hard to get
EK classic will be a hard fit
the LT240 radiator is available separately, called the ST25.
It has been done in this case. The side panels bulged and the radiator required sanding to get it to fit perfectly, but it does fit.

Reactions: DrHudacris

cpt.bubbles

Cable Smoosher
Oct 18, 2020
Anyone else had their T1 stuck in Zhengzhou?
Mine was last reported there and has gone radio silence for a full week.
Found out upon Googling that packages can get stuck there for weeks to even months. ?

Reactions: DrHudacris

V_F

Cable Smoosher
Jul 10, 2020
tx240 seems to be restocked in some regions already, guys you can try your local distributor to see what now.

V_F

Cable Smoosher
Jul 10, 2020
Anyone else had their T1 stuck in Zhengzhou?
Mine was last reported there and has gone radio silence for a full week.
Found out upon Googling that packages can get stuck there for weeks to even months. ?
Mine was stuck in Guangzhou for 30+ days in Jul/Aug before released to export, just for your reference; I guess depending on the carrier it might be on passenger flight or freight flight, during COVID there could be a huge difference.

• Sad
Reactions: cpt.bubbles

tonyadamsff

Chassis Packer
Sep 22, 2020
I'm in the process of setting up my build to support external radiators, and therefore no longer have the second tube routed over the PSU.

This means I had juuuust enough clearance to squeeze in my third NF-A12x15. The fan is pushed up hard against the centre strut and has only a few millimetres between my motherboard and cpu cables.

Within the next few weeks I will have a 240mm 54mm thicc radiator in push pull hooked up to this bad boy externally and will do some more testing.

You first photo reminds me of Doctor Octopus lol..

Arc_Lag

Trash Compacter
Jul 2, 2019
more picture spam :)

just finished up setting up my build for an external radiator in the near future so I have some saucy eye candy

feel free to ask any questions and I will try to get back to everyone :)
Which EK rad is that and does your case suffer from bulging? :eek: It looks gorgeous!

Luke NK

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Nov 17, 2019
Did anyone build an air cool build in the T1 with strix b550 and nh-l12s?

I'm interested in this board since socket seems to sit lower and the l12s might not interfere with the side strut from the case, I would like to have some confirmation on this.

It might need to remove part of the top plate from the IO but if it solves this issue I might go with this board instead of the gigabyte...