Production FormD T1 Classic (READ FIRST POST)

Increase volume from 9.8L to 10.5L to support MSI Suprim X 30XX?

• Yes, worth the trade off to be more compatible with components

Votes: 116 24.7%
  • No, not worth it b/c it is not better than the ROG 30XX, which fits now at <10L

Votes: 353 75.3%

• Total voters

DrHudacris

King of Cable Management
Jul 20, 2019
That is pretty interesting.

Pushing 87c in the H1.

I know its not a very good comparison. But Optimum Techs video on the H1 with a evga 1080ti shows a 7-8c difference between the T1 and H1. Thats with a more traditional card.

In the H1 the 3080 FE is completely choked. While the T1 there is a gap and fan above it to pull out air. I'd guess there would be a 10c difference between the T1 and H1. Based on OT's video with a regular graphics card and the fact that the 3080 FE literally cant exhaust in the H1.

So my guess. We would be looking at high 70's for the FE in the T1.

****EDIT***

Hmmmmmmm maybe I am still being optimistic. Pauls Hardware review has the card at 80c on an open test bench...

Just saw paul's video, that was just the highest temp recorded over the course of testing. Gamers nexus reported 75C. Maybe it was a quick spike and that's it?

Reactions: DmanX

rfarmer

Spatial Philosopher
Jul 7, 2017

Pushing 87c in the H1.

I know its not a very good comparison. But Optimum Techs video on the H1 with a evga 1080ti shows a 7-8c difference between the T1 and H1. Thats with a more traditional card.

In the H1 the 3080 FE is completely choked. While the T1 there is a gap and fan above it to pull out air. I'd guess there would be a 10c difference between the T1 and H1. Based on OT's video with a regular graphics card and the fact that the 3080 FE literally cant exhaust in the H1.

****EDIT***

Hmmmmmmm maybe I am still being optimistic. Pauls Hardware review has the card at 80c on an open test bench...

If you look at tests using a blower card in the H1 you will see it performs poorly, I am sure that is part of the problem and that it will perform better in the T1.

SSJ4

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Feb 10, 2020
www.ospreygaming.com.au
Just saw paul's video, that was just the highest temp recorded over the course of testing. Gamers nexus reported 75C. Maybe it was a quick spike and that's it?
Cant remember whether that was stock fan speed or not. Stock is 50% speed I believe. So still plenty of performance on the table.

Which means it could still be in the realm of possibility to run it cool in the T1 with an undervolt and bump in fan speed.

Luke NK

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Nov 17, 2019
Here you go. More useful info on airflow in this video than his thermal video.

Thanks! I meant the teardown of a Strix card which is the one I will probably go with, but not before I see analysis of its cooler design, OC and testing to see if the higher price is justifiable

thelaughingman

SFF Guru
Jul 14, 2018
possible ambient temp in play here? not sure where GN is based but Paul is in CA which is rather hot for the US.

Pushing 87c in the H1.

****EDIT***

With regards to Optimum Tech, I recall reading somewhere that his room temp for testing is only 20C, so take his results with a giant caveat (for example where I live it is normal for ambient temp to be 30-35C)

Ashenfall

Average Stuffer
Jun 13, 2020
Suggest putting all non-T1 directly related posts to one of those RTX 3000-series threads.
Otherwise, this thread will become an all purpose general thread and will be flooded with Big Navi posts later.
agreed. I'd say keep discussion in this thread about the new cards related to fitment and thermal testing in the case

wenyuax

Average Stuffer
Aug 16, 2020
Got an AIB RTX3080, compatible with Bykski's waterblock! That means, what I only need to wait for is the T1 shipped Oct 12-16th!
Decided not to have 3090 and planned to buy a mirrorless camera to take vedios lol.

Reactions: DrHudacris

bowman9991

Trash Compacter
Jul 27, 2017
galacticbrain.com
Thinking of buying the 3090 version of the EVGA hybrid series for the T1.
Has anyone out installed a 2080 Ti with a 120 mm radiator (like the one below) in the T1?

Is this a crazy idea for the 3090? EVGA apparently have a Kingpin version of the 3090 coming out(with 360 radiator!?) and also a plain hybrid version with a 120 rad (or 240?). Not much detail yet.

Let me know your thoughts.

Thanks,
John

fabio

Shrink Ray Wielder
Apr 6, 2016
Thinking of buying the 3090 version of the EVGA hybrid series for the T1.
Has anyone out installed a 2080 Ti with a 120 mm radiator (like the one below) in the T1?

Is this a crazy idea for the 3090? EVGA apparently have a Kingpin version of the 3090 coming out(with 360 radiator!?) and also a plain hybrid version with a 120 rad (or 240?). Not much detail yet.

Let me know your thoughts.

Thanks,
John
I think @Brude27 did it!!

hitsuyounai

Chassis Packer
Apr 18, 2020
At the same Time there are a lot of AIB card in Denmark available!

Just for poops and giggles, I was refreshing the Launchday thread on the Nvidia subreddit every so often just to see what's going on, and it seems a couple of overseas orders made it through, for AIB's at least. Us in the states, not so much lol.

EDIT: Moderators just locked down the entirety of the Nvidia subreddit for viewing only as of 6:57AM. Not surprised, just disappointed lmao.

Last edited: