Production FormD T1 Classic (READ FIRST POST)

Increase volume from 9.8L to 10.5L to support MSI Suprim X 30XX?

• Yes, worth the trade off to be more compatible with components

Votes: 116 24.7%
  • No, not worth it b/c it is not better than the ROG 30XX, which fits now at <10L

Votes: 353 75.3%

• Total voters

fabio

Shrink Ray Wielder
Apr 6, 2016
Very nice work @fabio

Before you said a 120 mm AIO was better than noctua nh-l12s if CPU had a tdp above 120. Would this mean temps would be the same in l12s if running a 3700x than running it on a good 120 AIO with a noctua fan swap?

I'm always interested in noise profile of course. Curious if I could run a potential upcoming 4700x with either L12S or a 120 AIO at reason able noise levels
I want to tweak the fan curve for the noise now! It is my next step! Even though, the A12x25 are extremely quiet anyway even at 100%!

bynio

Average Stuffer
Feb 8, 2020
We are with you! ?? you can do it roughly and start to be confident with the space! Shows us pictures!
I'm doing an open hearth surgery and it's not going well.

bynio

Average Stuffer
Feb 8, 2020
Aaahhhh, you at keeping the CPU cooler and putting under water just the GPU?
No, just checking if everything fits before disassembling. But will probably have to move temporarily to Ghost.

Going with EK quantoom torqe, same as you. Heatkiller IV Pro, Laing DDC 1t plus (not sure how to disassemble it), Alphacool top (it's a heavy beast, maybe will have to change).

fabio

Shrink Ray Wielder
Apr 6, 2016
No, just checking if everything fits before disassembling. But will probably have to move temporarily to Ghost.

Going with EK quantoom torqe, same as you. Heatkiller IV Pro, Laing DDC 1t plus (not sure how to disassemble it), Alphacool top (it's a heavy beast, maybe will have to change).
YES! I've told here that the Alphacool brass is insanely heavy! almost 1kg! You should have gone with the plexi version.

BUT, you HAVE to disassembly it to check properly! Later tonight it will be ready, trust on me! But I don't think you have space for the Torque fittings on the radiator, PLUS the slim fan below, and the PSU inverted... I hope I am wrong!

Reactions: DrHudacris

bynio

Average Stuffer
Feb 8, 2020
YES! I've told here that the Alphacool brass is insanely heavy! almost 1kg! You should have gone with the plexi version.

BUT, you HAVE to disassembly it to check properly! Later tonight it will be ready, trust on me! But I don't think you have space for the Torque fittings on the radiator, PLUS the slim fan below, and the PSU inverted... I hope I am wrong!
(Back in Ghost)
No, you're absolutely right. And straight fittings don't give enough space to bend tube alone. I'm considering 45deg, but need to get them first. Maybe you have them for comparison?

fabio

Shrink Ray Wielder
Apr 6, 2016
(Back in Ghost)
No, you're absolutely right. And straight fittings don't give enough space to bend tube alone. I'm considering 45deg, but need to get them first. Maybe you have them for comparison?
I suggest to remove the bottom fan! I will send later a pictures of both, but you will not save so much space!

ellroy80

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Jun 7, 2020
@fabio, can I put in a request for another Easter egg? Can you try the L12S' A12x25 in exhaust, with also the top A12x25 in exhaust? Maybe in ECO mode, and other modes if you like?

Reactions: DmanX

fabio

Shrink Ray Wielder
Apr 6, 2016
@fabio, can I put in a request for another Easter egg? Can you try the L12S' A12x25 in exhaust, with also the top A12x25 in exhaust? Maybe in ECO mode, and other modes if you like?
Ohhh, this is an hard one! I have to remove the cooler to change the fan! ? I can see if I can do it later!
I will try normal first, than eco mode!

Reactions: ellroy80

Luke NK

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Nov 17, 2019
Ahahah, I will never cut a Noctua fan! Just to respect the work of all the engineers involved! ?

I totally would! as long as it's only cuting part of the frame and not compromising the inner ring that keeps its short distance between fan blades

Reactions: ellroy80

fabio

Shrink Ray Wielder
Apr 6, 2016
Hi @fabio, what are the default settings for these on the 3950x? (now I'm showing just how little I know about the newer AMD processors) I will add the default to the spreadsheet when I update it.
What you mean?
For the "Default" AMD 3950X, in the BIOS I have the VCORE set to NORMAL (NOT AUTO), RAM at 3600MHz and, and PBO DISABLED.

To be able to TWEAK the Power Limit, you have to set the PBO AUTO in BIOS and then in Ryzen Master I set the Power Limit.

For the OC, I use the Manual OC in Ryzen Master and Setup the Core Speed and the Voltage there.

For the ECO mode, I just activate it inside the BIOS.

Last edited:
Reactions: DrHudacris