Production FormD T1 Classic (READ FIRST POST)

Increase volume from 9.8L to 10.5L to support MSI Suprim X 30XX?

• Yes, worth the trade off to be more compatible with components

Votes: 116 24.7%
  • No, not worth it b/c it is not better than the ROG 30XX, which fits now at <10L

Votes: 353 75.3%

• Total voters

Wahaha360

a.k.a W360
Original poster
SFFLAB
NCASE
SSUPD
Feb 23, 2015
More renderings, why not.

Wahaha360

a.k.a W360
Original poster
SFFLAB
NCASE
SSUPD
Feb 23, 2015
Last edited:

PBJ

Airflow Optimizer
Jan 6, 2019
Update: 240 AIO support and no size increase, working it out with OEM.

The 240 AIO I want to support is the Alphacool LT240, it's a 25mm thick *Copper AIO that's also expandable. It also features the DC-LT CPU Block Pump less than 48mm tall. As you can see the review here https://www.techpowerup.com/reviews/Alphacool/Eisbaer_LT_240.

IThe AMD Ryzen 3000 series CPUs power consumption is pretty scary - I'm pretty sure many of you have seen the leaks (https://www.techpowerup.com/251129/...-series-cpu-lineup-leaked-by-russian-e-tailer).

It will be thermally irresponsible if I didn't add 240 AIO with Ryzen 3000 launching.

Very impressive, specially without a size increase. What changes did you have to do to make space for the 240 rad, if you don’t mind me asking?

Nice work, it’s looking amazing.

fabio

Shrink Ray Wielder
Apr 6, 2016
teodoro, Poblopuablo, fabio, vpri, you guys and your 240 AIO, well, be careful what you wish for, b/c you might get it
Well, my unused slim noctuas and xspc tx 240 are ready! Now playing with a Streacom DA2 and waiting for the SF750, missing the tight fit of a liquid loop! And your case is perfect!!! Eager to have more news on it and your integrated cpu cooler! Keep going man!

Reactions: Arboreal

vpri

Trash Compacter
Sep 9, 2018
teodoro, Poblopuablo, fabio, vpri, you guys and your 240 AIO, well, be careful what you wish for, b/c you might get it

OMGGGGGGG. Want.

Would this fit? https://www.asus.com/us/Cooling/ROG-RYUJIN-240/specifications/ The thing I like the most about the Ryujin vs other coolers is the integrated pump fan. It cools pump, VRMs and M.2. The most important part for me was to cool the VRMs, pushing the 9900K at 5Ghz in a small space is pretty much a requirement.

I also love that I could put the radiator at the bottom or at the top of the case.

Reactions: Arboreal

vpri

Trash Compacter
Sep 9, 2018
After reading again your post I see why you picked the AlphaCool. It has a thinner pump, copper radiator and it's way more quiet than others.

I like it.

Another question, is this case going to be available all space gray?

Last edited:

Wahaha360

a.k.a W360
Original poster
SFFLAB
NCASE
SSUPD
Feb 23, 2015
It cools pump, VRMs and M.2. The most important part for me was to cool the VRMs, pushing the 9900K at 5Ghz in a small space is pretty much a requirement.

After reading again your post I see why you picked the AlphaCool. It has a thinner pump, copper radiator and it's way more quiet than others.

I like it.

Another question, is this case going to be available all space gray?

There is a 120mm x 25mm or 15mm blowing right into the motherboard, at such close proximity, I think it should work - testing will tell.

vpri

Trash Compacter
Sep 9, 2018
There is a 120mm x 25mm or 15mm blowing right into the motherboard, at such close proximity, I think it should work - testing will tell.

Fair enough. I can probably try this configuration with my current setup by turning off the integrated fan and stress test the system.
Who's gonna be the OEM for this case (if you can share)? And did you mention any timeline?

teodoro

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Oct 8, 2018
I was wondering how much I’d have to gimp my 8700k to run with a <48mm air cooler. I guess I’ll have to give an AIO a shot to see what a pump sounds like in reality, because a 240 really lowers the floor for fan speeds.

Looking at the renderings, I assume the rad thickness is hard set at 25mm? I ask because one of the more popular aio’s (Corsair h100i pro) described as having a quiet pump is 27.7mm. It looks to be reviewed a couple degrees worse than the LT240, but still has a short block (31.8mm per tomshardware) with tube fittings that can angle fairly shallow. The LT240 seems harder to source in the US, and shipping charges seem to take RMA’s off the table. I totally understand that you have to make the cutoff somewhere, though!

Wahaha360

a.k.a W360
Original poster
SFFLAB
NCASE
SSUPD
Feb 23, 2015
The LT240 seems harder to source in the US, and shipping charges seem to take RMA’s off the table. I totally understand that you have to make the cutoff somewhere, though!

SFFLAB might offer the LT240 in the US, at least in limited quantity, we will see.

dondan

Shrink Ray Wielder
DAN Cases
Feb 23, 2015
How is it possible in a height of 210mm?

5mm keep out above the motherboard
170mm motherboard
5mm keep out under the motherboard (without you will get very bad noises of the fan)
15mm fan thickness
25mm radiator

Total = 220mm

So if you now add 6mm for outer panels and another 1.5mm for middleplate for holding the radiator the outer dimensions will be

135 x 227.5 x 330 = 10.13L

Furthermore there are no zones for really routing cables. Your cables will be inside the fans.

Reactions: Gautam

gwertheim

King of Cable Management
Nov 27, 2017
Looks a hell of alot better than the ghost technically, once you release the case, this will replace the hotbox that is my ghost

Kuzan

Average Stuffer
Oct 15, 2018
I made a quick search for alternative AIO systems bc I don't really like the alphacool one and found the following two:
SilverStone Tundra TD02-SLIM V2 (22m thick) (the only difference to the V1 seems to be AM4 support)
and Cooler Master MasterLiquid Lite 240 (25mm thick).

Both should fit as well in your planned case if I looked it up correclty

Legion

Airflow Optimizer
Nov 22, 2017
I made a quick search for alternative AIO systems bc I don't really like the alphacool one and found the following two:
SilverStone Tundra TD02-SLIM V2 (22m thick) (the only difference to the V1 seems to be AM4 support)
and Cooler Master MasterLiquid Lite 240 (25mm thick).

Both should fit as well in your planned case if I looked it up correclty

The Alphacool has a Copper radiator and DC-LT pump integrated into the block. It's a superior solution to "most" other AIO's for people wanting "off the shelf" parts.

You can ofc go with whatever you like :)

Reactions: fabio

vpri

Trash Compacter
Sep 9, 2018
How is it possible in a height of 210mm?

5mm keep out above the motherboard
170mm motherboard
5mm keep out under the motherboard (without you will get very bad noises of the fan)
15mm fan thickness
25mm radiator

Total = 220mm

So if you now add 6mm for outer panels and another 1.5mm for middleplate for holding the radiator the outer dimensions will be

135 x 227.5 x 330 = 10.13L

Furthermore there are no zones for really routing cables. Your cables will be inside the fans.

This brings up a good point, if space is too tight and we still wanna support the 240mm AIO from AlphaCool, would it make sense to make the case slightly bigger? I wonder what the majority of users here think about it.

gwertheim

King of Cable Management
Nov 27, 2017
There needs to be a point where you say we can't support everything, it would defeat the purpose of the form factor.

That being said, this will be the first time playing with watercooling so I am kind of excited for this

Gautam

Cable-Tie Ninja
Sep 5, 2016
There needs to be a point where you say we can't support everything, it would defeat the purpose of the form factor.

That being said, this will be the first time playing with watercooling so I am kind of excited for this
I think we haven't yet hit that point with the community-built A4 style cases, but this concept is coming close. The design has a lot of potential, even bringing it to 10L or slightly beyond can yield benefits in terms of thermals and compatibility.

Esso

Cable Smoosher
Nov 23, 2017
This brings up a good point, if space is too tight and we still wanna support the 240mm AIO from AlphaCool, would it make sense to make the case slightly bigger? I wonder what the majority of users here think about it.

EMBIGGEN!

That is... I am perfectly happy to see this grow slightly. I feel it might give better options for positive airflow with a rad exhausting up top.