Production FormD T1 Classic (READ FIRST POST)

Increase volume from 9.8L to 10.5L to support MSI Suprim X 30XX?

• Yes, worth the trade off to be more compatible with components

Votes: 116 24.7%
  • No, not worth it b/c it is not better than the ROG 30XX, which fits now at <10L

Votes: 353 75.3%

• Total voters

TSOF

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Jun 20, 2020
Well, at the moment there is a 1.2mm difference between the distance between the inside of the two mesh panels with and without the rad in the case. And the rad is currently 132.2 wide. I’m talking about getting it to the point where there is zero impedance on the panels whatsoever.
I’ll see how far I get before I wimp out... I think it’s doable though.

DrHudacris

King of Cable Management
Jul 20, 2019
Well, at the moment there is a 1.2mm difference between the distance between the inside of the two mesh panels with and without the rad in the case. And the rad is currently 132.2 wide. I’m talking about getting it to the point where there is zero impedance on the panels whatsoever.
I’ll see how far I get before I wimp out... I think it’s doable though.

The width of the core on the GTS is 125 mm, so you'll be ok for sure! Plus there is a layer of fins I'm the very outside before the first water tube. Don't be afraid!

PBJ

Airflow Optimizer
Jan 6, 2019

Nothing in it yet.... but I've got it together.

Lovely thing.

The GTS240 does need to be pretty much exactly 131mm to fit. Currently at 132.2 after some sanding.
I'll take it back to work tomorrow and hopefully not puncture any of the plumbing!
Sorry for the unrelated question...what speakers are those?

TSOF

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Jun 20, 2020
The width of the core on the GTS is 125 mm, so you'll be ok for sure! Plus there is a layer of fins I'm the very outside before the first water tube. Don't be afraid!
It’s more the solder/seal of the end “caps”.
I’m sure it’ll be fine, I just don’t want be cavalier and then end up with a useless rad!

Sorry for the unrelated question...what speakers are those?

I made them.

Reactions: PBJ

kazuma86

Airflow Optimizer
Jan 12, 2020
FormD T1 - Orientation Change

Well, trying another side face and I think is cool with EKWB D RGB. I'm still trying with cable management also it look like my panel get bend or something. But my cable didn't overlap with case.

Will try to figure out in other times.

Reactions: DrHudacris

gwertheim

King of Cable Management
Nov 27, 2017
So after a second dc-lt 40 failure which sent a screw flying a good 10 ft (new record). I had less a bar of pressure and the screws were screwed in properly without too much force.

I have decided to ditch alphacool and after going back to fabio's last iteration, I started looking for the bitspower magic cube. It seems that everyone and their mother has bought the black version.

So I went searching for alternatives, I stumble across the singularity computers ddc mod

I am wondering if this will work inside the case since I do not have a case yet.

Thx

notbitcoin

Average Stuffer
Aug 3, 2019
Following up on the 25mm-thick Coolworld 240 radiator a day later.

First thing I have to point out is that the temperature improvement, within the T1, is likely larger than the ~2c I mentioned yesterday. I say this because today I realized I was never actually able to sustain a 5GHz 9700k @ 1.285v P95 test within the T1, and that the readings that I'm comparing the Coolworld numbers against are actually from a case that had lower temps overall than the T1.

Having said that, the Coolworld is still unequivocally better than the ST25 radiator because in 15 10-minute P95 26.6 tests, the only time it performed close/worse than the average ST25 score was at the peak ambient temperature for the day (when the heat index outside was 107F/41.66C, it performed 2C worse). The other 14 tests, the core average ranged from 1.625C better to 5.375C better (this was basically testing right after leaving PC off for a few hours). The average of the "24 hours later" tests performed under the same conditions as yesterday came in at 3C better than the ST25 in my old case.

Note that the typical outlier Intel core also never failed any of these tests (and it even went as far as being able to sustain 5.1 GHz at 1.345v, something not ever possible previously), which is the biggest tell that the Coolworld radiator is just better at managing temperature overall than the Alphacool.

Since I'll stick with this radiator, I'll drain the loop tomorrow and clean it with system reboot to see what kind of additional funk comes out of it to see if there's anything that ya'll should be cautioned on. And then one last thing to note that I didn't realize until about the 8th test was that the noise level for the slim fan is definitely louder on the Coolworld radiator than the Alphacool, but the A12x25 sounds about the same.

madmax

Caliper Novice
Apr 17, 2019
This should be welcome news here

kazuma86

Airflow Optimizer
Jan 12, 2020
This should be welcome news here

Their QC is bad.. :)

pwnedundies

Cable-Tie Ninja
Jun 9, 2019
So after a second dc-lt 40 failure which sent a screw flying a good 10 ft (new record). I had less a bar of pressure and the screws were screwed in properly without too much force.

I have decided to ditch alphacool and after going back to fabio's last iteration, I started looking for the bitspower magic cube. It seems that everyone and their mother has bought the black version.

So I went searching for alternatives, I stumble across the singularity computers ddc mod

I am wondering if this will work inside the case since I do not have a case yet.

Thx
That thing looks really tall. It might fit without the cover though and that extra piece that is in between the pump and the pump top but i don't think you can use it without them. I think it will be too tall to flip on its side which is generally the shorter position. If you have 63mm left after the GPU you can probably make it work. Just need to make sure that the inlet you want to use won't be in the way of the gpu which it shouldn't be. The inlet is on the left side when facing the gpu. Not sure which outlet to use in that scenario though. I wish alphacool would get it together. I didn't personally have any issues with the stuff i've had from them but you aren't the only one in this thread to have issues.

If you want to give alphacool one last time this top is full brass and @DrHudacris has used it as well. I have the acrylic version and had no issues with it. It will serve the same purpose that the bitspower one, also it's the same dimensions, does buy giving you multiple in/outs but it's totally understandable if you wouldn't want to try it.

Last edited:

gwertheim

King of Cable Management
Nov 27, 2017
That thing looks really tall. It might fit without the cover though and that extra piece that is in between the pump and the pump top but i don't think you can use it without them. I think it will be too tall to flip on its side which is generally the shorter position. If you have 63mm left after the GPU you can probably make it work. Just need to make sure that the inlet you want to use won't be in the way of the gpu which it shouldn't be. The inlet is on the left side when facing the gpu. Not sure which outlet to use in that scenario though. I wish alphacool would get it together. I didn't personally have any issues with the stuff i've had from them but you aren't the only one in this thread to have issues.

If you want to give alphacool one last time this top is full brass and @DrHudacris has used it as well. I have the acrylic version and had no issues with it. It will serve the same purpose that the bitspower one, also it's the same dimensions, does buy giving you multiple in/outs but it's totally understandable if you wouldn't want to try it.

Thx but I am not touching alphacool again until they get their shit together. My rad for my lt240 also came bent out of the box. Going to order the magic cube directly from bitspower and hope that it doesn't take too long.

Reactions: Madhawk1995

DrHudacris

King of Cable Management
Jul 20, 2019

That brass DDC top is almost half a kilo heavy! Just be wary how and where you mount it...it will need extra reinforcement rather than being suspended by fittings IMO. (I did not personally try it for that reason, but it will fit physically)

Reactions: pwnedundies

DrHudacris

King of Cable Management
Jul 20, 2019
Thx but I am not touching alphacool again until they get their shit together. My rad for my lt240 also came bent out of the box. Going to order the magic cube directly from bitspower and hope that it doesn't take too long.
I ordered some fittings direct from bitspower, it isn't too bad. Since you're ordering direct...the leviathan SF240 radiator with 4 ports is available also...since you might be wanting a non-bent radiator! It's 29.5mm thick though, requires certain fans and brackets to be removed, like how @fabio fit the GTS. Should also perform just under the GTS, same fin structure in the core just 2 less water tubes.

Reactions: Speedster

gwertheim

King of Cable Management
Nov 27, 2017
I ordered some fittings direct from bitspower, it isn't too bad. Since you're ordering direct...the leviathan SF240 radiator with 4 ports is available also...since you might be wanting a non-bent radiator! It's 29.5mm thick though, requires certain fans and brackets to be removed, like how @fabio fit the GTS. Should also perform just under the GTS, same fin structure in the core just 2 less water tubes.

I already have the ek 240 slim so the rad is not a problem

Reactions: PBJ and DrHudacris

Ashenfall

Average Stuffer
Jun 13, 2020
Following up on the 25mm-thick Coolworld 240 radiator a day later.

First thing I have to point out is that the temperature improvement, within the T1, is likely larger than the ~2c I mentioned yesterday. I say this because today I realized I was never actually able to sustain a 5GHz 9700k @ 1.285v P95 test within the T1, and that the readings that I'm comparing the Coolworld numbers against are actually from a case that had lower temps overall than the T1.

Having said that, the Coolworld is still unequivocally better than the ST25 radiator because in 15 10-minute P95 26.6 tests, the only time it performed close/worse than the average ST25 score was at the peak ambient temperature for the day (when the heat index outside was 107F/41.66C, it performed 2C worse). The other 14 tests, the core average ranged from 1.625C better to 5.375C better (this was basically testing right after leaving PC off for a few hours). The average of the "24 hours later" tests performed under the same conditions as yesterday came in at 3C better than the ST25 in my old case.

Note that the typical outlier Intel core also never failed any of these tests (and it even went as far as being able to sustain 5.1 GHz at 1.345v, something not ever possible previously), which is the biggest tell that the Coolworld radiator is just better at managing temperature overall than the Alphacool.

Since I'll stick with this radiator, I'll drain the loop tomorrow and clean it with system reboot to see what kind of additional funk comes out of it to see if there's anything that ya'll should be cautioned on. And then one last thing to note that I didn't realize until about the 8th test was that the noise level for the slim fan is definitely louder on the Coolworld radiator than the Alphacool, but the A12x25 sounds about the same.
Great news! Up to 5 degrees difference is a noteworthy improvement considering error margins

What's the nature of the debris/gunk that came out during your first flush?

gwertheim

King of Cable Management
Nov 27, 2017
Yep, I just had an order from Bitspower arrive (magic cube and a temperature stop fitting). 7 days, FedEx from Taiwan to Australia. Better than EMS!

So you just attach the magic cube to the ddc pump?

Do you have to do anything to the pump?