Production FormD-T1 (aka Sidearmd), READ FIRST POST

More GPU Slot Options for T1?

• Total voters

MrBuddha

Caliper Novice
Jul 3, 2020
yeah, that's why I asked which bracket he was using. Ideally I'd like the fans to match like you said but my preference goes like this - 3 full >> 1 full + 2 slim >> 3 slim. for the scruffs/scratches, there's already plenty on the rad and inner parts of the case. The tolerance is crazy tight ?

BTW 3x A12x25 seems to back on the table thanks to @MrBuddha , from his picture the TX240 doesn't have to be pushed right up against the front lid and sits flat on the mounting rail ???

That was already possible! The TX can be pushed inside the front structure, you just need to press a bit ?
But Forget the 3 A12x25??? Maybe, MAYBE, only if you remove the bracket actually...
Shit, I want to try it now! But in that case, the 3rd A12 is useless! ?
Yes, remove the bracket, and I'm thinking there's a bit of play on the motherboard mounting so maybe nudge it a little for an extra 1mm clearance? ?
@thelaughingman Sorry didn't see you had mentioned my build. The tx240 is pushed up just about to the front of the case but I left some room in case I needed to do some additional cable routing in the future, about 2mm of clearance. I tested with and without the A12x25 before I went through all the trouble of trying to cram it in. Turns out that with two 12x15's I was running about 79c on GPU Junction temp, and with two 12x15s and a A12x25 I was running no more than 73c both tests done with a heaven benchmark for 30 minutes air temp and humility controlled to 22c and 40% Relative humidity. I don't have to use any kind of force or even pressure to close it up (although I'm now waiting for Barrow Terminal fittings for the GPU as someone confirmed they do fit the Bykski blocks) More pictures to come when I clean up my work area/wiring, also waiting for a fan header to clean up all the fan cables.

@Fabio you crazy bastard, I think if you were to run PSU flipped and mounted the rad to the underside of the bracket you'd be able to run 3 A12x25. As it currently sits i've got roughly 8-10mm between the A12x25 and the PSU So i'm thinking if you dont mind about a 3-5mm Bow in the top you could definitely Get 3 A12x25's in there. HOWEVER. At that point it's just to say you did it, which lets be honest you are the king of "I've already tried it"

Khanele

Cable Smoosher
Mar 25, 2020
10 Minutes and I am already tired! Trying on my backup GTS! I think I can match the rings on my Torque fittings with the golden stripes! ?

Are you sanding it yourself? If so what are you using?just sand paper? I dont know much about diy and stuff

gwertheim

King of Cable Management
Gold Supporter
Nov 27, 2017
Got an angry grinder? Get a flappy disk on it!
The paint is too thin for a grinder, when I was learning pipe welding, we would use grinders but that paint is alot thicker than the paint on the rad

thelaughingman

King of Cable Management
Jul 14, 2018
@Navic got the same issue that you had with the slim fan directly underneath the motherboard. If I put spacer in I can't fully closed the top lid. So I just gave up and put the fans in between the rad and the top lid instead since I'm gonna do custom loop next week anyway ?

gwertheim

King of Cable Management
Gold Supporter
Nov 27, 2017
Well, I've just checked my GTS in the T1 and it is 132.9mm! The one I am working on, NOW it is 134... I NEED AN ELECTRIC SANDING MACHINE!
orbital plam sander with fine grit paper will do it, anything above 400 grit will take off the paint and prevent damage to the metal as long as you are careful and keep it moving. Set it to almost the lowest speed, be patient and you will be rewarded with a clean finish.

Last edited:
Reactions: Khanele

gwertheim

King of Cable Management
Gold Supporter
Nov 27, 2017
At the end of the day, there is no point in getting an electric sander for 1 thing, get different grits of sandpaper and work your way from rough to fine grit.

Reactions: DrHudacris

fabio

Shrink Way Wielder
Gold Supporter
Apr 6, 2016
At the end of the day, there is no point in getting an electric sander for 1 thing, get different grits of sandpaper and work your way from rough to fine grit.
Thanks!!
Btw, I have to file the brass, not just the paint. Is it working in any case?

Navic

Master of Cramming
Jan 6, 2019
@Navic got the same issue that you had with the slim fan directly underneath the motherboard. If I put spacer in I can't fully closed the top lid. So I just gave up and put the fans in between the rad and the top lid instead since I'm gonna do custom loop next week anyway ?
The tolerances are just TOO TOIGHT! But yeah having the fans between the rad and top panel fixes the problems, I was just stubborn. I did have to use a lot of force to close it with the spacers though, like I had to have my elbow on the top panel and lean onto the case to be able to screw it in. Again, I was stubborn and I was going to make it work because I had spent too much time trying to make it work

Navic

Master of Cramming
Jan 6, 2019
anyone know what the maximum RAM height in 3 slot mode?
50mm same as the CPU cooler height. But if you are using an AIO or a custom loop, it is a good idea to go with lower profile RAM like corsair LPX so you can give enough room for cables and tubes to go over the RAM if it needs to. And if you're doing an air cooled build, then account for the air cooler's ram height clearance

Last edited: