Production FormD-T1 (aka Sidearmd), READ FIRST POST

More GPU Slot Options for T1?

• Total voters

fabio

Shrink Way Wielder
Gold Supporter
Apr 6, 2016
I unscrewed the riser cable a little bit to give me a bit more wiggle room when installing my card. Then once it was in place I screwed it back. My card is actually a little crooked in my case. Not sure if anyone else has had that issue tho.
Yes, mine as well! I think that you can solve it with a 1/2mm spacer between the riser and the case.
It’s a mix of case tolerance, riser, backplate, cables, CPU backplate, ecc 👌🏼

hitsuyounai

Chassis Packer
Apr 18, 2020
Excellent work!
The only thing I would add is a guide on which screws/standoffs to use for what part.
Thanks man! I actually found out that all the screws are the same thread pitch, just different lengths. For the most part you can use whatever screw you see fit, as long as it doesn't protrude out the other end of what you're trying to secure., there isn't a right or wrong screw to use. I can include however pictures of where certain motherboard standoffs to use :)

Wow! Very high quality work! I love it.
Perhaps I missed it, but should a description of both ways to place the PSU be added? Flipped and standard, I mean.
Appreciate it sir!
And I actually did forget to include the flipped psu bracket, I'll try to find a spot to squeeze that in, thanks for the feedback!

Reactions: aexeq and PBJ

threestripevida

Airflow Optimizer
Gold Supporter
Mar 28, 2017
Got my tubes in and decided to have the fans next to the top panel. @fabio suggested that as it was a little quieter in his testing. Also my mobo was right up against the fans and I was worried about cables getting caught in the fans. I copied Fabio’s tubing run from his first build also. Gonna take a quick break before I fill it, but if anyone has any changes I should make please let me know.

jrvd007

Chassis Packer
Feb 19, 2020
I finished my build. It was my first SFF build and was a lot of work but I really enjoyed it. At some point, I was starting to wonder if I would be able to pull it off with all the cables I had to somehow fit in there. Honestly, mad props to @fabio and everyone else out there with crazy builds. Also, a big thank you to @Wahaha360 for making such an amazing case. It really is incredible the amount of things you can fit in such a limited volume. Cheers everyone!

Last edited:

Navic

Master of Cramming
Jan 6, 2019
I finished my build. It was my first SFF build and was a lot of work but I really enjoyed it. At some point, I was starting to wonder if I would be able to pull it off with all the cables I had to somehow fit in there. Honestly, mad props to @fabio and everyone else out there with crazy builds. Also, a big thank you to @Wahaha360 for making such an amazing case. It really is incredible the amount of things you can fit in such a limited volume. Cheers everyone!

You have the case sideways, interesting. Thermals I'd imagine will be just fine though

Also, you mentioned that "I had initially thought I would have a flipped case and PSU but I later found out that a flipped PSU didn't work with a 2.5 inch SSD", but the 2.5 inch SSD should still work with the PSU flipped, I was able to have a 2.5" SSD in both the flipped and regular PSU orientations.
I think your problem was that you couldn't screw the side of the PSU bracket into the front of the case, is this correct? Because I found that I didn't really need that to be screwed in (didn't even know it could be screwed in there when I was building my case) and the PSU was just as sturdy as it was in regular orientation. But with how you have the case oriented, you should be fine either way.

Reactions: jrvd007

jrvd007

Chassis Packer
Feb 19, 2020
You have the case sideways, interesting. Thermals I'd imagine will be just fine though

Also, you mentioned that "I had initially thought I would have a flipped case and PSU but I later found out that a flipped PSU didn't work with a 2.5 inch SSD", but the 2.5 inch SSD should still work with the PSU flipped, I was able to have a 2.5" SSD in both the flipped and regular PSU orientations.
I think your problem was that you couldn't screw the side of the PSU bracket into the front of the case, is this correct? Because I found that I didn't really need that to be screwed in (didn't even know it could be screwed in there when I was building my case) and the PSU was just as sturdy as it was in regular orientation. But with how you have the case oriented, you should be fine either way.
I expect thermals to be fine as well. Regarding the flipped PSU, the problem wasn't the fact I couldn't screw the SSD in. It was that the SSD, once screwed in, was flush with the PSU. I therefore couldn't plug anything into it. Maybe if I flip the SSD and didn't screw it in I could indeed flip the PSU. Maybe something to try out down the road :)

Reactions: DrHudacris

Navic

Master of Cramming
Jan 6, 2019
I expect thermals to be fine as well. Regarding the flipped PSU, the problem wasn't the fact I couldn't screw the SSD in. It was that the SSD, once screwed in, was flush with the PSU. I therefore couldn't plug anything into it. Maybe if I flip the SSD and didn't screw it in I could indeed flip the PSU. Maybe something to try out down the road :)
I see, I think I experienced this as well, I just had to get a sata cable with a straight connector on the end instead of a 90 degree one. Here's an old pic of my build with a 2.5" drive and a flipped PSU

jrvd007

Chassis Packer
Feb 19, 2020
I see, I think I experienced this as well, I just had to get a sata cable with a straight connector on the end instead of a 90 degree one. Here's an old pic of my build with a 2.5" drive and a flipped PSU
Yes actually I used your previous build as an idea for mine ;) I remembered you having trouble with that so I had both cables. It still was too big however. It is so flush against the PSU that anything you try to plug gets in the way even if it's a straight cable because the part that connects from the cable is larger than the SSD (a custom cable would most likely be ok).

Navic

Master of Cramming
Jan 6, 2019
Yes actually I used your previous build as an idea for mine ;) I remembered you having trouble with that so I had both cables. It still was too big however. It is so flush against the PSU that anything you try to plug gets in the way even if it's a straight cable because the part that connects from the cable is larger than the SSD (a custom cable would most likely be ok).
You could always space the PSU a bit away from the SSD and move it more towards the PSU, that would probably give you the room you need. There's 4 holes on the strut where you mount the PSU, just use the two holes closest to the MB. This is what I did, maybe it will work for you. If it doesn't, oh well, it should still work perfectly!

AgusW

Chassis Packer
Jul 20, 2020
Anyone knows something about the status of Distro Plate for DDC or other pumps for this case?

Demon Boy Jr

Average Stuffer
Sep 1, 2017
Just came in today. Lighting is bad in this room, but not gonna take any glamour shots; at least not until it's built. Been following this case since Jan 4 2019 and very glad to finally get my hands on it. Everything feels more premium than my Ghost s1 and the mesh panels are unbelievably sturdy, no flex at all. I'm very glad I went with the 2 tone over the all black. Just want to give my thanks to @Wahaha360 for making this case a reality.

DrHudacris

King of Cable Management
Jul 20, 2019
Reactions: MrBuddha

Killdoc

Trash Compacter
Mar 25, 2020

MrBuddha

Caliper Novice
Jul 3, 2020
I believe someone has tried this radiator already. It does fit, but IIRC correctly, the performance isn't that great. Something about the water tubes ...
If you want a green rad in 6 months because of oxidation go ahead
Dr. Wasn't sure if had been tested or not. That's a bummer!

Gwertheim, I think the term you're looking for it patina and some people find it "classy" 🙄