Production FormD T1 Classic (READ FIRST POST)

Increase volume from 9.8L to 10.5L to support MSI Suprim X 30XX?

• Yes, worth the trade off to be more compatible with components

Votes: 116 24.7%
  • No, not worth it b/c it is not better than the ROG 30XX, which fits now at <10L

Votes: 353 75.3%

• Total voters

DrHudacris

King of Cable Management
Jul 20, 2019
I plan on building in the case for all the correct lengths, then flushing and filling the loop outside using a USB to fan adapter to power the loop so I can shake the res to get any bubbles out before reinstalling properly.

Parts list looks good, although like @PBJ suggested, either a quick disconnect and reservoir or a T-fitting will help you immensely in filling the loop.

Also don't count on filling the loop outside the case and then being able to get it all in the case. AIOs do this because it's just 2 components. But with a custom loop it's not possible unless you explicitly plan your loop for that purpose. You're probably gonna end up with lots of longer than necessary tubing runs...just build and fill the loop in situ.

Reactions: PBJ and pwnedundies

fabio

Shrink Ray Wielder
Apr 6, 2016
Parts list looks good, although like @PBJ suggested, either a quick disconnect and reservoir or a T-fitting will help you immensely in filling the loop.

Also don't count on filling the loop outside the case and then being able to get it all in the case. AIOs do this because it's just 2 components. But with a custom loop it's not possible unless you explicitly plan your loop for that purpose. You're probably gonna end up with lots of longer than necessary tubing runs...just build and fill the loop in situ.
I have onw question for you, regarding the ''glued'' 1U ES Reservoir. For how long did you do the leak/pressure test?
On mine now, I start from 0.6 Bar, after 10 minutes goes till 0.5. Than it takes 30 minutes to go at 0.35 bar. Just to know! Thanks man!
And, BTW, do we know the pressure in "bar" of a DDC pump in general?

Reactions: PBJ and pwnedundies

Van0

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Mar 29, 2019
Looks good to me in terms of things necessary. You could consider to get a couple things that should aid you in the installation process, such as the EK Leak Tester or one similar, and QDC fittings and a reservoir which I've seen recommended many times for filling the loop and bleeding air bubbles.

thanks for the tips guys. Yeah thinking about it, with tubing going over and under the frame and what not, I'll follow your advice and keep it in the build and install a T-fitting with the res at the bottom and flip it, once all the bubbles are out. I believe that was similar to one of Fabio's builds if I recall.

Reactions: DrHudacris

mfmunh

Chassis Packer
Apr 15, 2020
I have onw question for you, regarding the ''glued'' 1U ES Reservoir. For how long did you do the leak/pressure test?
On mine now, I start from 0.6 Bar, after 10 minutes goes till 0.5. Than it takes 30 minutes to go at 0.35 bar. Just to know! Thanks man!
May I suggest something like this to prevent leaks -

DrHudacris

King of Cable Management
Jul 20, 2019
And, BTW, do we know the pressure in "bar" of a DDC pump in general?

Hmm that doesn't sound good. For me it was rock solid at 0.4 bar that I tested, and didn't drop at all. Sometimes the leak tester apparatus can leak itself. Have your tested the leak tester with just a stop plug?

The conversion from head pressure (in meter H2O) to bar is 10 meterH2O head = 1 bar. So the DDC310 from Alphacool (2.44m) is roughly 0.25 bar, at max speed of course.

I guess since you've already sealed it shut, I would verify your leak tester isn't leaking, and then apply more sealant around the seam on the outside, and with flat edge remove excess before drying.

May I suggest something like this to prevent leaks -

I used loctite waterproof silicone sealant successfully.

3dl1r

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Mar 6, 2019
Wait

If you did not post before Feb 5th, you are not on the list
Similar fate here, i posted on 20th something february...but while watching my other posts on my profile i was more interested in dan a4 , velka 5 or sm550 back then, and, for what is fair i was following the posts on sidearmd...but rules are the rules, so...i would have ordered an ncase by now, but 65 usd of shipping is way to much and i hate that feeling that i am overpaying compared to others...i would not dare imagine the customs fees...