Production FormD T1 Classic (READ FIRST POST)

Increase volume from 9.8L to 10.5L to support MSI Suprim X 30XX?

• Yes, worth the trade off to be more compatible with components

Votes: 116 24.7%
  • No, not worth it b/c it is not better than the ROG 30XX, which fits now at <10L

Votes: 353 75.3%

• Total voters

blindphleb

Average Stuffer
Feb 7, 2018
If I'm going to offer some sort of AIO, it has to
1. move the needle on cooling
2. show some data on the pump block like the Asus Ryuo or NZXT Z63/Z73
3. dump the SATA connector

don't have solution atm, so I don't want to do it.
Understandable. The 650LS only checks off numer 3. I would suggest adding a number 4 though. Make sure it fits in 3 slot mode. And if you can use Noctua's mounting system or something like it that'd be the cherry on top.

DrHudacris

King of Cable Management
Jul 20, 2019
2020-07-18: T1 Reserve and E-White color

If you made a post on this thread before 2020-02-05 Optimum Tech video, we have reserved T1 inventory for you. gwertheim will be handling the ordering process. gwertheim will also reach out to those from the T1 Reserve Survey that qualifies for the cutoff.

For those waiting on a white color option. T1 E-White sample has arrived. We will also be making a Cerakote or equivalent sample made for comparison.

This case is really all about the details. Love the black standoffs on this white version!

Reactions: AKIS35

payo36

Caliper Novice
May 1, 2019
www.minicomputers.net
I've thought about this...
I have a 240 AIO and an air cooled GPU. While having the GPU and CPU under full load at the same time, my CPU temps can increase by about 5c, and liquid temps go up about 2-4c. I might try the other orientation you're talking about, but I think the amount of air that can come through the bottom wouldn't be great, and might cancel out any benefit you'd get

Edit: Also, would it be better to have two slim fans in between the radiator and the bottom panel pushing air into the radiator, or have the fans in between the radiator and the motherboard, and use one slim fan and one full sized fan? So many questions, not enough time.

On the early page, someone tested two 120x15 against one 120x15 + one 120x25, the temp is about 1 C different.
SM560 has taller feet, 15mm tall. Maybe I can mod the feet on T1.

SSJ4

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Feb 10, 2020
www.ospreygaming.com.au

If you made a post on this thread before 2020-02-05 Optimum Tech video, we have reserved T1 inventory for you. gwertheim will be handling the ordering process. gwertheim will also reach out to those from the T1 Reserve Survey that qualifies for the cutoff.

For those waiting on a white color option. T1 E-White sample has arrived. We will also be making a Cerakote or equivalent sample made for comparison.

Oh man... did I make a mistake with the black... thought white was going be waaayy down the road.

Any estimate time line on the white?

thelaughingman

SFF Guru
Jul 14, 2018
Oh man... did I make a mistake with the black... thought white was going be waaayy down the road.

Any estimate time line on the white?
Just because Wahaha now has a prototype on hand doesn't mean it can be produced any time soon. Also he mentioned needing more prototypes of other method to compare as well. That alone could take months given the pace we observed we this E-White protoype.

With the frustration I've been seeing around missed preorders I'm sure you can sell your black quite easily lol
this. it's everywhere haha

Reactions: DrHudacris and SSJ4

SSJ4

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Feb 10, 2020
www.ospreygaming.com.au
With the frustration I've been seeing around missed preorders I'm sure you can sell your black quite easily lol
Just because Wahaha now has a prototype on hand doesn't mean it can be produced any time soon. Also he mentioned needing more prototypes of other method to compare as well. That alone could take months given the pace we observed we this E-White protoype.

this. it's everywhere haha
Yeh. You're both right. Just letting my emotions get to me on this one I think, I dont even know if White is what I want regardless haha. I'll enjoy my black case when it gets here and consider myself lucky for being able to secure one.

Reactions: thelaughingman

Wahaha360

a.k.a W360
Original poster
SFFLAB
NCASE
SSUPD
Feb 23, 2015
2020-07-19: Transparent / Translucent Mesh > Window?

We have been thinking about the new RTX 3XXX line up.

Basically, Clear Mesh (fiber fabric like material) in theory can provide both airflow and view of your internals. So we plan to sample TG window and Transparent Mesh in September and October respectively.

This Tempered Glass, Clear Mesh will both be sold as *separate items. Not a default config.

We rendered the material to the best of our ability, will take real photos once it's in made.

Last edited:

itsmichael

Trash Compacter
Jan 26, 2020

Basically, Clear Mesh (fiber fabric like material) in theory can provide both airflow and view of your internals. So we plan to sample TG window and Transparent Mesh in September and October respectively.

We rendered the material to the best of our ability, will take real photos once it's in made.

Daaaaamn. Keep coming up with awesome stuff like that please!! ?

aexeq

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Apr 7, 2020

This is awesome!
Can't wait to have all these options.
Considering only one batch of the T1 was planned before it got that popular, this level of customization planned seems unreal!

Reactions: DrHudacris

thelaughingman

SFF Guru
Jul 14, 2018

This Tempered Glass, Clear Mesh will both be sold as *separate items. Not a default config.

How would this fiber mesh compared to the mesh on the Phanteks Shift Air? That's the only point of reference I've got for fiber mesh on a PC case.

Stinkybear

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Apr 7, 2020

What becomes of samples? Like if there happens to be just one Cerakote or another color do you keep them for personal use or sell them or keep them in an ever growing collection? I know someone asked about if blemished cases could being sold slightly cheaper before.

redzr9

Cable Smoosher
Apr 8, 2020
Any updates regarding shipping to other countries specifically Philippines. :) not in a hurry or anything just hoping for any update. Thanks.

MrBuddha

Caliper Novice
Jul 3, 2020

I have this setup 2080Ti and 10900k in SM560 and I'm planning to move to T1 soon for bigger 240 AIO. I know Optimum Tech recommends putting radiator on top and exhaust the air outside of the case will give better CPU and GPU result. But he tested CPU and GPU separately, while in game there will be a lot of heat from GPU boiling the water in the radiator above it.
I agree with rad on top for liquid cool with GPU water block. But for air cool one, wouldn't it be better to put the rad in the bottom and pull fresh air from under the case? Please let me know if anyone has tried this config.

Currently the 645LT is pulling the air from under the case, max CPU temp is 77C in CPU extensive game like BFV. GPU temp is not effected by the heat from radiator under it.

I've been thinking about this too as I'm able to source a lt120 no problem however I'm air cooling my GPU so I don't think a 240 rad is the best route. I do think exhausting out of the top regardless of fan/radiator setup will provide the best cooling either way, I just don't think that passing GPU air through the rad is beneficial to the the CPUs Temps.

Madhawk1995

Average Stuffer
Sep 9, 2019
I've been thinking about this too as I'm able to source a lt120 no problem however I'm air cooling my GPU so I don't think a 240 rad is the best route. I do think exhausting out of the top regardless of fan/radiator setup will provide the best cooling either way, I just don't think that passing GPU air through the rad is beneficial to the the CPUs Temps.
It's not but the increased temp load will be placed on GPU if CPU rad is below and same thing with CPU if GPU is below. The best case scenario is CPU rad on top and help facilitate airflow out of the top of the case. You can mitigate these issues with obviously not running a 5.1ghz 10900k and a 350w Overclocked 3080Ti. It sure as hell isn't going to stop me from trying. This case can handle it unlike my Ghost which is going up for sale as soon as I get this.

Van0

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Mar 29, 2019
I was lucky enough to get a black case a couple week ago, so looking to finish purchasing all my watercooling items for my first custom loop. I've just purchased all the below. Can someone tell me if it all looks good or if I'm missing anything please?

Alphacool LT240
Alphacool tubing 3m TPV 12.7/7.6mm
Alphacool HF 90 Degree Compression Fitting TPV x 4
Alphacool 6 Pack HF Compression Fitting TPV (it was cheaper than buying just 2 separate)
Alphacool Eisblock GPX-N Acetal Nvidia GeForce RTX 2080/2080Ti M02
EK-CryoFuel 1000ml Premix Clear Fluid

I plan on building in the case for all the correct lengths, then flushing and filling the loop outside using a USB to fan adapter to power the loop so I can shake the res to get any bubbles out before reinstalling properly.

PBJ

Airflow Optimizer
Jan 6, 2019
I was lucky enough to get a black case a couple week ago, so looking to finish purchasing all my watercooling items for my first custom loop. I've just purchased all the below. Can someone tell me if it all looks good or if I'm missing anything please?

Alphacool LT240
Alphacool tubing 3m TPV 12.7/7.6mm
Alphacool HF 90 Degree Compression Fitting TPV x 4
Alphacool 6 Pack HF Compression Fitting TPV (it was cheaper than buying just 2 separate)
Alphacool Eisblock GPX-N Acetal Nvidia GeForce RTX 2080/2080Ti M02
EK-CryoFuel 1000ml Premix Clear Fluid

I plan on building in the case for all the correct lengths, then flushing and filling the loop outside using a USB to fan adapter to power the loop so I can shake the res to get any bubbles out before reinstalling properly.
Looks good to me in terms of things necessary. You could consider to get a couple things that should aid you in the installation process, such as the EK Leak Tester or one similar, and QDC fittings and a reservoir which I've seen recommended many times for filling the loop and bleeding air bubbles.

Ashenfall

Average Stuffer
Jun 13, 2020

Interesting. I suppose the translucent mesh isn't particularly strong though? Not like I'm gonna be chucking it into a backpack anytime soon but for those who do, they probably wouldn't want to use it right?