Production FormD T1 Classic (READ FIRST POST)

Increase volume from 9.8L to 10.5L to support MSI Suprim X 30XX?

• Yes, worth the trade off to be more compatible with components

Votes: 116 24.7%
  • No, not worth it b/c it is not better than the ROG 30XX, which fits now at <10L

Votes: 353 75.3%

• Total voters

SSJ4

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Feb 10, 2020
www.ospreygaming.com.au
I was actually messaging Alphacool this morning about the new LT Aurora. They said it's the exact same block as the current LT Solo, just with a new pump and with RGB. The entire AIO assembly also uses the new TPV hose, fittings, and QDC. Even though they confirmed that the new motor fits in the LT Solo, they also said you cannot swap it in, but I don't see the logic in that if it's the same block overall.
With that being said, I'll be keeping my recently received LT240 and swapping in the new motor along with swapping to the new TPV stuff whenever it becomes available/in stock. With all the COVID stuff going on, I don't want to risk the possibility of BOTH the LT240 and new Aurora LT being sold out due to insufficient shipments and stock.
Hmmmm.

I'm in two minds. Release date and T1 delivery dates are syncing up. I bought the 120mm version for cheap because sourcing in Australia was tough. But now since I cannot source cheap Tygon or neoprene 8/11mm tube. I have to buy. 240mm rad, fittings and tube to make my setup work. Which MAY get me close to new the models pricing...

So perhaps I should cut my loses. Sell the LT120 and just buy the new lt240rgb? that's IF we will be able to get them in Australia.

Chaca

Caliper Novice
Mar 23, 2020
@SoSquidTaste Sounds great! That lets me keep my new noctua fans :)

@JRey New pump confirmation is nice. Thought it was only a cosmetic (+tubing) change. LT240 isn't available here (out of stock), so hopefully the new model will be...

Chaca

Caliper Novice
Mar 23, 2020
Can anyone confirm that the optimal magnets for the side panel is still 4x3mm as it was for the 1.0 version?
Edit: Sorry for double post

stael

What's an ITX?
New User
Jul 7, 2020
For those willing to pay a slight premium for the lt240 you can get it from groovesinc for about +$30 than Amazon which is less frequently in stock (basically tacking the shipping cost to the price). Shipping time has increased since I ordered mine in late June (came in about 3-4 days DE > US) but would probably still come before the case does.

Wahaha360

a.k.a W360
Original poster
SFFLAB
NCASE
SSUPD
Feb 23, 2015
@Wahaha360 Hey, I think I remember you saying that you thought the new style aluminium side panel would have worse thermals than the mesh. Have you been able to test/verify this at all? Just out of curiosity.

Thanks

I didn't test, but it has less ventilation %, so it should be worse for cooling.

Reactions: TSOF

TSOF

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Jun 20, 2020
I didn't test, but it has less ventilation %, so it should be worse for cooling.

Is it a significant difference?

I'm curious as to whether the size of the perforation makes a difference - if the mesh is fine enough that it increases friction or something? I don't really know anything about aerodynamics, can you tell? ?
It'll be interesting to see anyway.

MattyKHZ

Average Stuffer
Sep 26, 2019
USB-C prob next year.

Currently, not enough motherboard with USB-C internal IO. For the T1, I like to get 2 to make it looks right.

I'm working on a mini-ITX mobo for next gen CPU, so hopefully we can resolve this issue of motherboard headers.

Thanks.

No mention of SD card though which a few of us liked in the initial plans. Understand if that has been dropped as things change. If it is being dropped then I know just to go for colour when available rather than a IO that will just be a USB same as at the back which I can use instead.

kmnvhs

Caliper Novice
Feb 14, 2020
instagram.com
yeah, I voted with my wallet - ordered black instead. I have no doubt I will buy a later version in gunmetal some times down the line (way way down LOL).

i preorder the dual-color Modell, because simple black is a lil bit boring in 2020 XD it looks like another black box on the desk. I would like to see a "green" one like the ghost s1 -> it looks more metallic/matt green. Black, grey and white/silver are the "standard" colours for pc cases. Whats about copper, bronze etc? Something special ?

gwertheim

King of Cable Management
Nov 27, 2017
i preorder the dual-color Modell, because simple black is a lil bit boring in 2020 XD it looks like another black box on the desk. I would like to see a "green" one like the ghost s1 -> it looks more metallic/matt green. Black, grey and white/silver are the "standard" colours for pc cases. Whats about copper, bronze etc? Something special ?

If you want something special, you can always take it to a painter in your area

thelaughingman

SFF Guru
Jul 14, 2018
if you're talking about bold, how about Noctua Tan Brown for colours LOL though at that point it's probably be easier/quicker to do it yourself or pay a local shop to do it.

If you want something special, you can always take it to a painter in your area
you posted just as I was typing my reply LOL

Clarenz

Efficiency Noob
May 9, 2020
@Chaca Eyyyy to your other question, I asked Alphacool if there were any dimension changes (specifically to the radiator and pump block) on the Aurora LT and they confirmed for me:

> Hi, no the dimensions are the same. Radiator is 25mm thick. It is changed optically only.

That's good news! In seriously considering returning my unopened LT240 now and just playing the waiting game for the new hardware.

@JRey re: new version of LT240: https://smallformfactor.net/forum/threads/formd-t1-aka-sidearmd-read-first-post.9933/post-206721

I've been sort of obsessing over it since someone shared Alphacool teasing the Aurora LT a few months ago hahahah. Didn't think it was gonna drop so close to in sync with T1 deliveries though, which is neat
Aww man, I’m waiting for basic lt240 from local provider and now you got me thinking should i wait for the new version. The struggle is real. Does anyone know if the new pump is worth waiting for? I will change the tubing for that and the RGB is meaningless to me.

SSJ4

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Feb 10, 2020
www.ospreygaming.com.au
Aww man, I’m waiting for basic lt240 from local provider and now you got me thinking should i wait for the new version. The struggle is real. Does anyone know if the new pump is worth waiting for? I will change the tubing for that and the RGB is meaningless to me.
If you havent already got one. Better off waiting imo. Better pump, fittings, tubing and bonus RGB. Whats not to like?

I am even leaning towards getting one myself.

MM1893

Minimal Tinkerer
New User
Jul 7, 2020
there are lots of other 240mm AIOs that would be an easier fit than the EK one, I'd recommend going with less than 28mm radiator thickness.

I've made this a while back, it might help you choose an AIO for your T1.

There are different AIOs you could put in there (if you use a 15mm and a 25mm fan, of course). My RYUO 240 fits fine in 3 slot mode.

Hi guys, I'm in the middle of what I hope will be a T1 build (if I'm able to get one) but unfortunately will have to go to through the 3-slot route. I'm currently evaluating my cooling options lurking this thread, can anyone tell me if this spreadsheet is legit?

Massive thanks to every reviewer btw, I'm a long time lurker.

itsmichael

Trash Compacter
Jan 26, 2020
Hi guys, I'm in the middle of what I hope will be a T1 build (if I'm able to get one) but unfortunately will have to go to through the 3-slot route. I'm currently evaluating my cooling options lurking this thread, can anyone tell me if this spreadsheet is legit?

Yes, it is legit.

theexplainer

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Jul 30, 2018

you still need to keep in mind, that you'll have to route the tubing, but the sizes I've put into that sheet correspond to the manufacturer information of the AIOs.