Brand name will be "FormD", help us pick a website address:

• Total voters

Wahaha360

a.k.a W360
Original poster
SFFLAB
NCASE
Feb 23, 2015
Not been on here in ages so was wondering if grey or silver ie anything not black and all same colour will be available at some point this year or next with USB C and SD I/O ?
USB-C prob next year.

Currently, not enough motherboard with USB-C internal IO. For the T1, I like to get 2 to make it looks right.

I'm working on a mini-ITX mobo for next gen CPU, so hopefully we can resolve this issue of motherboard headers.

arthasdklol

Trash Compacter
Nov 14, 2019
USB-C prob next year.

Currently, not enough motherboard with USB-C internal IO. For the T1, I like to get 2 to make it looks right.

I'm working on a mini-ITX mobo for next gen CPU, so hopefully we can resolve this issue of motherboard headers.
Are you allowed to disclose which socket the mobo targets? :D

hitsuyounai

Efficiency Noob
Apr 18, 2020
USB-C prob next year.

Oh boy am I looking forward to this. Already following the FreeFlo, and now you're doing mobos? You sure know how to grab one's attention and wallets lmao. Fingers crossed the boards are going to support AM4!

Wahaha360

a.k.a W360
Original poster
SFFLAB
NCASE
Feb 23, 2015
Oh boy am I looking forward to this. Already following the FreeFlo, and now you're doing mobos? You sure know how to grab one's attention and wallets lmao. Fingers crossed the boards are going to support AM4!
Are you allowed to disclose which socket the mobo targets? :D
It's not finalized, it's more expensive, it's easily 7 figures investment, or maybe 8, depending on PCIe 4.0 and DDR5.

Obviously I can't eat this cost, so it takes corporate massaging to make it happen.

Last edited:
  • Wow
Reactions: thelaughingman

chenchen

Case Bender
New User
Jun 29, 2020
Shipping from mainland to Taiwan only works reliably via SF-Express. However, we will need to collect your Govt ID to ship.

It kinds makes me uncomfortable, but we also don't know how to add this "input field" into shipping form on Shopify, so we are tweaking.

If you have good suggestion on alternative shipping carriers or way to integrate into Shopify shipping forms, we are open to try.

My experience buying something from Taobao. It is no impact for sellers, EZWAY certification is required to purchase foreign goods in Taiwan So all buyers should apply EZWAY

DrHudacris

Master of Cramming
Jul 20, 2019
I don't think anyone needs to worry about not meeting the cut off for early followers. I don't think this blocks anyone from pre-ordering from the weekly drops. My interpretation of @Wahaha360's comment was that there would some sort of additional stock set aside in addition to the pre orders. Or something like priority/first dibs on accessories or something of that nature. As long as you're quick on the mouse trigger, everyone will eventually get a case!

Chaca

Efficiency Noob
Mar 23, 2020
lt240 aurora (previously just "summer 2020"), is more specifically expected (NOT confirmed) mid/end July :thumb: Hopefully more availability than the present lt240.
(source: alphacool DMs)

Does anyone here have an idea if it's mainly cosmetic and quick-disconnect changes, or if we have confirmation of something more with the aurora version?

Reactions: DrHudacris and JRey

Ashenfall

Cable Smoosher
Jun 13, 2020
I don't think anyone needs to worry about not meeting the cut off for early followers. I don't think this blocks anyone from pre-ordering from the weekly drops. My interpretation of @Wahaha360's comment was that there would some sort of additional stock set aside in addition to the pre orders. Or something like priority/first dibs on accessories or something of that nature. As long as you're quick on the mouse trigger, everyone will eventually get a case!
I agree with this

I did a really rough calculation using some *fairly wild* assumptions. Take this with a big grain (rock?) of salt

Assuming 50 cases in total (colour doesn't matter) were sold last Friday based off who I saw posting their successful orders, extrapolating for those who didn't gloat, and also accounting for those who ordered multiple cases in the one order. In all honesty this number is probably bigger in reality, but we're assuming here.

There's an order every week, and they will have more cases available than last Friday. Let's say 100 cases every order moving forward because I like round numbers

There are 25 Fridays remaining in 2020. Manufacturing is confirmed to be continuous throughout 2020

That means there are potentially 25x100=2500 cases that will be available until the end of the year

There are 1400 unique subscribers to r/FormD

Based on my really wild assumptions, I'm fairly certain everyone can get their hands on a case (colour preferences notwithstanding)

Reactions: DrHudacris

carrefinho

Cable Smoosher
May 30, 2020
What are the best case fans for the T1?

Right now, I have 2 Noctua NF-F12s (case) and a Scythe Slipstream Slim (CPU) from my existing build. I can upgrade to a 25mm fan for my CPU because of the higher clearances on the T1, and I'm also looking at potentially swapping out the F12s. I was hoping the NF-A12x25 chromax would be available, but it looks like the ETA has been pushed back to Q1 2021.

For the T1, would I see a noticeable advantage to switching out the F12 (pressure) for S12a (airflow) and to switching out the Slipstream for a third F12? Or should I just wait until the A12x25 is released, since it's a better all-rounder fan than the other two?
I recommend Arctic P12 PWMs. They seem to perform similarly as A12x25 and even somehow a bit quieter at full RPM(admittedly 1800rpm vs 2000rpm of the A12), while also being dirt cheap that a 5-pack is the same cost as a single A12x25. NF-F12 Chromax, in my comparison, is noticeably louder and there isn't a discernable difference in thermals between the two under the graphics card in an NCASE M1.

Philtt

Efficiency Noob
May 30, 2020
Hi Wahaha,

I will be getting the Asus RoG Strix B550-I Mobo with a USB gen2 header.

Like to know if the front panel will have USB Gen2 type C Next year?

Are we looking at 1 type C & 1 SD card reader or 1 type C gen 1 & 1 type C gen 2?

thank you.

With regards,

Phil

eblvrm

Case Bender
New User
Apr 17, 2020
I recommend Arctic P12 PWMs. They seem to perform similarly as A12x25 and even somehow a bit quieter at full RPM(admittedly 1800rpm vs 2000rpm of the A12), while also being dirt cheap that a 5-pack is the same cost as a single A12x25. NF-F12 Chromax, in my comparison, is noticeably louder and there isn't a discernable difference in thermals between the two under the graphics card in an NCASE M1.
FYI (and future buyers), there are 2 variants of those - normal PWM and PWM PST. The latter can be daisy chained since they've got female 4 pin connector so you can save some $ on those Y splitters ;-)

Reactions: DrHudacris

Navic

Cable-Tie Ninja
Jan 6, 2019
Is the fan hitting the Molex Connector on Mobo, or Other Cables, or the actual Mobo itself?

If the Fan sits below the Mobo, the fan blades should NOT levitate more than the fan casing, I'm curious if this is a fan QA problem or cable interference problem.

Also, did you remove the rubber padding on the fans? That should give you more room.
The fan blades and motor hub were rubbing up against the motherboard itself, not a connector, cable, or header. I checked multiple times, even moving cables outside the case, so it wasn't the cables. Removing the rubber pads didn't help. I double stacked the rubber pads and that alleviated the problem, so I got washers as a more permanent solution.
I also pushed the fan hub in and that allowed it to spin. Taking the fan out of the case, it looked like the fan hub and blades didn't drop outside of the fan frame. When taking the fan out, I noticed that one of the fan brackets (GPU side) was bent inwards, so I'm thinking the radiator is just slightly too thick, and when pushing the top panel down so I can screw it in, it's bending the fan bracket and therefore pushing the fan into the motherboard.
I might do more tweaking today to see if I can fix it without washers, but I'm not sure.