Production FormD T1 Classic (READ FIRST POST)

Increase volume from 9.8L to 10.5L to support MSI Suprim X 30XX?

• Yes, worth the trade off to be more compatible with components

Votes: 116 24.7%
  • No, not worth it b/c it is not better than the ROG 30XX, which fits now at <10L

Votes: 353 75.3%

• Total voters

gwertheim

King of Cable Management
Nov 27, 2017
ugh it's what I get for choosing to move to a country with warm winters! I haven't been able to find good poutine here either.

I can send you some Quebec cheese curds but they would go bad by the time you get them. Greeting from Toronto.

Reactions: Daemos

Daemos

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Feb 3, 2017
I can send you some Quebec cheese curds but they would go bad by the time you get them. Greeting from Toronto.

That would be better than what I can find here! You cannot buy cheese curds in Australia (that I have found, and i've been here for 10 years now!). I have some Canadian friends here who have attempted to make their own cheese curds with wildly varying results.

Reactions: DrHudacris

posure

Trash Compacter
Feb 14, 2020
I'm not super active here, but did anyone else not get an email notification prior to launch?

Wahaha mentioned that this batch ended up being too small (sold out in 2min), and that they’re holding off on the email notification for a larger batch.

Rjk1617

Trash Compacter
Jul 19, 2018
Anyone order from S. Korea/neighboring countries to China? It's shipping out from China right? Would it be cheaper to order to Korea rather than, for example, the US?

Qrash

Cable-Tie Ninja
Aug 10, 2015
That would be better than what I can find here! You cannot buy cheese curds in Australia (that I have found, and i've been here for 10 years now!). I have some Canadian friends here who have attempted to make their own cheese curds with wildly varying results.

Here's a decent video recipe from Canadian Youtube cooking channel Glen & Friends Cooking:

. Good luck.

Navic

Master of Cramming
Jan 6, 2019
Congrats to everyone that got their cases, and good luck to anyone that wants to get them in future batches. If I've learned one thing from getting into custom keyboards, it's that you have to be super friggin quick, because those things sell our in like 30 seconds. Now, onto the main stuff.

So on my vacation to the woods I decided to order a Corsair H100i Pro XT and some slim black fans from noctua to upgrade my CPU cooler from the Corsair H60 I had in there. Temps with the H60 were okay, but I wanted better. I would post pictures but there's no wifi up here and my LTE signal is trash, so those will have to wait.

Here is my experience:
Your main problem with this AIO (and probably most other 240mm AIOs that might fit in this case) is the tubing, it's a bit longer than the H60's perfect tube length, which means you have to be a bit creative to fit them in there, but it's not that hard. Having low profile RAM (like Corsair LPX) also makes routing the tubes and cables a lot easier

The radiator and fans fit almost perfectly. My setup was fans, radiator, then top panel. Putting the fans between the radiator and top panel (rad, fans, top panel) would probably eliminate the issues I have, but in my testing, this made the fans a lot louder than they should be. So I went with fans > radiator > top panel.
I was able to fit them in there, but needed some force (not a lot) to put the top panel on. This force pushed the fan that's above the motherboard right up against it, so it wouldn't spin. I had to get some washers to put in between the fan mount and the fan to give the fan some space to spin. This worked, but to get the top panel closed I had to apply a LOT more force, and the top panel bows outward a bit.

Thermals:
Again no pictures quite yet, but the temps were lowered about 10c in my quick testing at about the same noise level. I used the included thermal paste for the H100i, and I used noctua NT-H1 thermal paste for the H60. If I wanted to I could swap out the slim fan that's under the PSU for a full sized one and get even more performance, but I don't think I'm going to do that right now.
Also, with my H60 I don't think I was able to run prime95 small ffts because the CPU wouod spike right up to 90+c, but with the h100i I can comfortably run it and reach around 75c

Final thoughts:
The thermals make all the pain I went through worth it over my H60, and the problem I had with one of the fans rubbing up against the motherboard might not happen to everyone, so I'd recommend this AIO in the T1 for people who don't want to make a custom loop or take apart the LT240 to get it to fit in 3 slot mode. But, if the MB problem does happen to you, get some washers to give the fan some more room. I used two washers, but one might work just fine.

I do have a question though: Should I set my fans to ramp up with CPU temp, or the liquid temp? If liquid temp, what's considered "hot" and "cool" for liquid temps?

Madhawk1995

Average Stuffer
Sep 9, 2019
Congrats to everyone that got their cases, and good luck to anyone that wants to get them in future batches. If I've learned one thing from getting into custom keyboards, it's that you have to be super friggin quick, because those things sell our in like 30 seconds. Now, onto the main stuff.

So on my vacation to the woods I decided to order a Corsair H100i Pro XT and some slim black fans from noctua to upgrade my CPU cooler from the Corsair H60 I had in there. Temps with the H60 were okay, but I wanted better. I would post pictures but there's no wifi up here and my LTE signal is trash, so those will have to wait.

Here is my experience:
Your main problem with this AIO (and probably most other 240mm AIOs that might fit in this case) is the tubing, it's a bit longer than the H60's perfect tube length, which means you have to be a bit creative to fit them in there, but it's not that hard. Having low profile RAM (like Corsair LPX) also makes routing the tubes and cables a lot easier

The radiator and fans fit almost perfectly. My setup was fans, radiator, then top panel. Putting the fans between the radiator and top panel (rad, fans, top panel) would probably eliminate the issues I have, but in my testing, this made the fans a lot louder than they should be. So I went with fans > radiator > top panel.
I was able to fit them in there, but needed some force (not a lot) to put the top panel on. This force pushed the fan that's above the motherboard right up against it, so it wouldn't spin. I had to get some washers to put in between the fan mount and the fan to give the fan some space to spin. This worked, but to get the top panel closed I had to apply a LOT more force, and the top panel bows outward a bit.

Thermals:
Again no pictures quite yet, but the temps were lowered about 10c in my quick testing at about the same noise level. I used the included thermal paste for the H100i, and I used noctua NT-H1 thermal paste for the H60. If I wanted to I could swap out the slim fan that's under the PSU for a full sized one and get even more performance, but I don't think I'm going to do that right now.
Also, with my H60 I don't think I was able to run prime95 small ffts because the CPU wouod spike right up to 90+c, but with the h100i I can comfortably run it and reach around 75c

Final thoughts:
The thermals make all the pain I went through worth it over my H60, and the problem I had with one of the fans rubbing up against the motherboard might not happen to everyone, so I'd recommend this AIO in the T1 for people who don't want to make a custom loop or take apart the LT240 to get it to fit in 3 slot mode. But, if the MB problem does happen to you, get some washers to give the fan some more room. I used two washers, but one might work just fine.

I do have a question though: Should I set my fans to ramp up with CPU temp, or the liquid temp? If liquid temp, what's considered "hot" and "cool" for liquid temps?
Thank you, looking forward to the pics. I will be attempting something similar. We'll see if the black fan grills I have can prevent this issue.

DrHudacris

King of Cable Management
Jul 20, 2019

Great to hear that you confirmed a fitment with another radiator!

I would recommend setting fans to liquid temp, as that is what the fans are doing, dissipating heat from the liquid via the radiator. You'll have less fan ramp up and down. I'm not certain for asetek/AIO pumps, but DCLT is good to 65C (some are lower) liquid temp and DDC and D5 are good to 60C liquid temp. These are the temps where the pump begins to be damaged. But again, I'm not sure about AIO/Asetek pumps. I think they're resistant to those temps or higher, as they are mounted inside the CPU block where the heat is generated.

Reactions: bynio

qaz

Chassis Packer
Feb 11, 2020
PM'd you. Thanks wahaha.

I do still really want the case. I just meant to order the black one but when I completed the order, it was two tone, looks like bug.

I had the same issue, was trying to checkout asap and I didn’t register the change in price.