Production FormD T1 Classic (READ FIRST POST)

Increase volume from 9.8L to 10.5L to support MSI Suprim X 30XX?

• Yes, worth the trade off to be more compatible with components

Votes: 116 24.7%
  • No, not worth it b/c it is not better than the ROG 30XX, which fits now at <10L

Votes: 353 75.3%

• Total voters

Madhawk1995

Average Stuffer
Sep 9, 2019
I dont think anyone has attempted this. most people so far have gone with a custom. Depending on the 2/3 slot configuration, you may have issue fitting two set of those bulky quick release. It was mention that if you run 3 slot, you have to remove the quick release. if you like the idea of quick release, Alphacool has two other connectors that looks less bulky. The latest release seems to be the cleanest - link here https://www.alphacool.com/shop/ansc...plungsset-tpv-pushin-industry-version?c=20538
Maybe you can do this setup with the alphacool LT Aurora. It should look much cleaner and they are better quick disconnect fittings. The old ones aren't that great.

JRey

Average Stuffer
Jun 27, 2020
I dont think anyone has attempted this. most people so far have gone with a custom. Depending on the 2/3 slot configuration, you may have issue fitting two set of those bulky quick release. It was mention that if you run 3 slot, you have to remove the quick release. if you like the idea of quick release, Alphacool has two other connectors that looks less bulky. The latest release seems to be the cleanest - link here https://www.alphacool.com/shop/ansc...plungsset-tpv-pushin-industry-version?c=20538
I wouldn't reuse the QDC, I'd actually replumb the entire thing and shorten the tubes for better space management within the case.
My thought process for reusing the included tubing and purchasing the extensions is that the fittings are 1/4 opening so there's no benefit to running a wider ID above 8mm. Also, buying 2 sets of the Alphacool extension would cost under $30 and they include 8mm/11mm fittings (straight or 90, depending on which one you purchase). Buying tubes and fittings separately would cost $40 for EK Torque 6 pack plug $20 for EK ZMT tubing with a minimum of 10mm/13mm which makes tube routing a little harder.

I may just go this route and see how it works out, it could save buyers some money, plus it may be easier for those new to WC to install.

SoSquidTaste

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Feb 26, 2018
I wouldn't reuse the QDC, I'd actually replumb the entire thing and shorten the tubes for better space management within the case.
My thought process for reusing the included tubing and purchasing the extensions is that the fittings are 1/4 opening so there's no benefit to running a wider ID above 8mm. Also, buying 2 sets of the Alphacool extension would cost under $30 and they include 8mm/11mm fittings (straight or 90, depending on which one you purchase). Buying tubes and fittings separately would cost $40 for EK Torque 6 pack plug $20 for EK ZMT tubing with a minimum of 10mm/13mm which makes tube routing a little harder.

I may just go this route and see how it works out, it could save buyers some money, plus it may be easier for those new to WC to install.

I'm also interested in the Alphacool ecosystem for adding GPU cooling to an LT240. I know at least @Jayanth has added a GPU block into a loop (albeit an EK GPU block) with only LT240's radiator and had decent thermal performance, so that's good.

My main hangup would be reusing the stock PVC tubing and buying the extensions with the same material. I don't want any of the gunky plasticizer buildup that we've seen in thread here from those tubes.

That said, Alphacool just released TPV extensions.They were... less than encouraging over Facebook messages about the prospect of refilling the AIO if you replaced stock LT240 tubing with their TPV extensions, though:

> It is possible, but how you like to fill the loop? The Eisbaer LT has no reservoir like the normal Eisbaer. It will be very hard to fill the Eisbaer LT again. I would not do it.

Props to them for their candor!

JRey

Average Stuffer
Jun 27, 2020
I'm also interested in the Alphacool ecosystem for adding GPU cooling to an LT240. I know at least @Jayanth has added a GPU block into a loop (albeit an EK GPU block) with only LT240's radiator and had decent thermal performance, so that's good.

My main hangup would be reusing the stock PVC tubing and buying the extensions with the same material. I don't want any of the gunky plasticizer buildup that we've seen in thread here from those tubes.

That said, Alphacool just released TPV extensions.They were... less than encouraging over Facebook messages about the prospect of refilling the AIO if you replaced stock LT240 tubing with their TPV extensions, though:

> It is possible, but how you like to fill the loop? The Eisbaer LT has no reservoir like the normal Eisbaer. It will be very hard to fill the Eisbaer LT again. I would not do it.

Props to them for their candor!
I'm really interested in the ecosystem because of the potential cost savings and ease of use. Only thing I don't care for though is their GPU water blocks, I prefer EK, Heatkiller, or Kryographics.

I was actually doing some research about their TPV line, I may go for that instead of the GPX line since the tubing seems superior to PVC. Their thinner QDC (20mm diameter) also would make the build I have in mind much easier to fill and drain. Total cost would be in the $70-ish area for 6 fittings, 3 meters of 8mm/13mm tube, and 2 sets of QDC. Or, I can get 3 extension sets for almost the same cost. It'll depend on availability.

Speaking of availability... the only issue I'm finding is finding parts in the US. Shipping from Germany costs $55 until you order $500 worth of stuff. Not worth it.
I'm crossing my fingers that more parts will be available next month from various vendors as my LT240 is supposed to ship in July per Amazon.

Reactions: SoSquidTaste

SoSquidTaste

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Feb 26, 2018
So yeah, per Alphacool Facebook follow-up:

> We will have the new LT Aurora within the next 8 to 12 weeks at our shop

With that time horizon I think I'll also stick with the LT240 and brave a refill with new tubing. Which makes me wonder...

Anyone who replaced tubes and/or refilled an LT240: Was it really that awful of a PITA to refill? How'd y'all do it?

Last edited:
Reactions: JRey

pwnedundies

Cable-Tie Ninja
Jun 9, 2019
So yeah, per Alphacool Facebook follow-up:

> We will have the new LT Aurora within the next 8 to 12 weeks at our shop

With that time horizon I think I'll also stick with the LT240 and brave a refill with new tubing. Which makes me wonder...

Anyone who replaced tubes and/or refilled an LT240:

Was it really that awful of a PITA to refill? How'd y'all do it?
Honestly for all the trouble of taking it apart and slowly filling it the easiest way to fill/refill any of these is to use an external res with a at least one set of quick disconnects. With the new version that alphacool has coming out they barely even are noticeable. I actually love them and wish I would have put more in where I could. I like to change components and it makes refilling and doing whatever adjustments way easier. I'm a novice though and there could definitely be a better solution out there.

Linus filled a loop with a sink tap once so idk lolol

Wahaha360

a.k.a W360
Original poster
SFFLAB
NCASE
SSUPD
Feb 23, 2015
2020-06-29: T1 Preorders start Friday, July 3rd, 9AM PST!

T1 preorder drops every Fridays! The first date will be 2020-07-03 and the shipping date will be 2020-07-17.

Two colors will be available: 1) Black + Black Mesh and 2) Black Silver + Black Mesh (aka two tone). No other colors at this time, no *extra accessories, and no ETA on these atm.

T1 without Riser and T1 + Riser will both be offered. We don't have quantity estimates, because machine time, quality control and anodizing hard to predict.

Shipping prices changes frequently, so just add item to cart to see the exact shipping price. We can *ONLY ship to these countries: Australia, Austria, Belgium, Canada, China, Czech Republic, Denmark, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hong Kong, Hungary, Israel, Italy, Japan, Kazakhstan, Latvia, Lebanon, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Macao, Malaysia, Netherlands, New Zealand, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Qatar, Russia, South Korea, Spain, Sweden, Thailand, Turkey, Ukraine, United Kingdom, United States, Uzbekistan, Vietnam. We will try and ship to more countries for each weekly drops.

Last edited:

JRey

Average Stuffer
Jun 27, 2020

T1 preorder drops every Fridays! The first date will be 2020-07-03 and the shipping date will be 2020-07-17.

Two colors will be available: 1) Black + Black Mesh and 2) Black Silver + Black Mesh (aka two tone). No other colors at this time, no accessories, and no ETA on these atm.

We don't have quantity estimates, because machine time, quality control and anodizing hard to predict.

Shipping prices changes frequently, so just add item to cart to see the exact shipping price. We can *ONLY ship to these countries: Australia, Austria, Belgium, Canada, China, Czech Republic, Denmark, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hong Kong, Hungary, Israel, Italy, Japan, Kazakhstan, Latvia, Lebanon, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Macao, Malaysia, Netherlands, New Zealand, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Qatar, Russia, South Korea, Spain, Sweden, Thailand, Turkey, Ukraine, United Kingdom, United States, Uzbekistan, Vietnam.
Excellent news @Wahaha360!

Just to clarify,
Will you open up new preorders EACH FRIDAY (July 3, 10, etc) with a limited number of units available?
Or will you announce which Friday's will have preorders available?

I'm sure this entire thread is EXTREMELY EXCITED and CANNOT WAIT to get our hands on this amazing case!

-JRey

itsmichael

Trash Compacter
Jan 26, 2020
Excellent news @Wahaha360!

Just to clarify,
Will you open up new preorders EACH FRIDAY (July 3, 10, etc) with a limited number of units available?
Or will you announce which Friday's will have preorders available?

I'm sure this entire thread is EXTREMELY EXCITED and CANNOT WAIT to get our hands on this amazing case!

-JRey

Read again.. Starting July 3rd, next one July 17th.

aexeq

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Apr 7, 2020

Two colors will be available: 1) Black + Black Mesh and 2) Black Silver + Black Mesh (aka two tone). No other colors at this time, no accessories, and no ETA on these atm.

We don't have quantity estimates, because machine time, quality control and anodizing hard to predict.

Shipping prices changes frequently, so just add item to cart to see the exact shipping price. We can *ONLY ship to these countries: Australia, Austria, Belgium, Canada, China, Czech Republic, Denmark, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hong Kong, Hungary, Israel, Italy, Japan, Kazakhstan, Latvia, Lebanon, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Macao, Malaysia, Netherlands, New Zealand, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Qatar, Russia, South Korea, Spain, Sweden, Thailand, Turkey, Ukraine, United Kingdom, United States, Uzbekistan, Vietnam.
@Wahaha360 So, can we already choose the case with riser, or is July 3rd exclusively without riser?

JRey

Average Stuffer
Jun 27, 2020
Read again.. Starting July 3rd, next one July 17th.
He said preorder date on July 3, with SHIPPING date on the 17th. That doesn't answer my previous questions of:
  1. Will you open up new preorders EACH FRIDAY (July 3, 10, etc) with a limited number of units available?
  2. Or will you announce which Friday's will have preorders available?

posure

Trash Compacter
Feb 14, 2020
He said preorder date on July 3, with SHIPPING date on the 17th. That doesn't answer my previous questions of:
  1. Will you open up new preorders EACH FRIDAY (July 3, 10, etc) with a limited number of units available?

It sounded like they will be putting up a new batch for preorder every Friday going forward, with each batch shipping about two weeks after preorder.

gwertheim

King of Cable Management
Nov 27, 2017

1. Take a deep breath
2. Wahaha360 lives in Asia so it is 3 am for him right now
3. His post said every Friday. That's pretty clear

osi1

Cable Smoosher
Feb 5, 2020
Hyped!

So his formddworks shop is hosted by Shopify servers?
Or is it just the software and he is hosting the site by himself?

I'm asking because I'm a little bit afraid of the rush demand ?

chenchen

Case Bender
New User
Jun 29, 2020

shipping to China,is it include Taiwan?

hprantis

Caliper Novice
Feb 6, 2020

Woohoo! Because this will open in July, even the first preorders will include riser cables right?