Production FormD T1 Classic (READ FIRST POST)

Increase volume from 9.8L to 10.5L to support MSI Suprim X 30XX?

• Yes, worth the trade off to be more compatible with components

Votes: 116 24.7%
  • No, not worth it b/c it is not better than the ROG 30XX, which fits now at <10L

Votes: 353 75.3%

• Total voters

ManaNeko

Trash Compacter
Feb 24, 2020
yeah, that's why in the original question I asked other test shippers as well. Since 2 slot mode is a shoe in, at this point I know I'm gonna push it for 3 slot mode so just want to know what kind of protrusion/clearance/gap that I would be dealing with. Prepare to fail right? Worst case scenario (it's not that bad actually) I'll find out on the day I receive the case and document it then :)

And I already pulled the trigger on the EK AIO since it is 30% cheaper than retail price where I live.
As mentioned back on page 361, if you are concerned by a potential bulge on the case, you can cheat by switching the official 7mm ATX standoffs with shorter ones.
My DAN-A4 CPU heatsink has a Noctua NF-A9 PWM instead of a NF-A9x14 PWM thanks to the fact that I installed 4mm standoffs instead of the 7mm ones.
They're pretty easy to find.

thelaughingman

SFF Guru
Jul 14, 2018
As mentioned back on page 361, if you are concerned by a potential bulge on the case, you can cheat by switching the official 7mm ATX standoffs with shorter ones.
My DAN-A4 CPU heatsink has a Noctua NF-A9 PWM instead of a NF-A9x14 PWM thanks to the fact that I installed 4mm standoffs instead of the 7mm ones.
They're pretty easy to find.
nice call! but I have 2 M.2 with 1 in the back so that's a no go for me personally haha. Unless I could somehow get the X570i Strix then yes ?

Reactions: SSJ4

fabio

Shrink Ray Wielder
Apr 6, 2016
Just FYI, Alphacool just released the new TPV 16/10, and a new TPV 12,7/7,6 Push-In Quick Disconnect!

DrHudacris

King of Cable Management
Jul 20, 2019
nice call! but I have 2 M.2 with 1 in the back so that's a no go for me personally haha. Unless I could somehow get the X570i Strix then yes ?

Rear m.2 shouldn't be an issue for shorter standoffs. Unlike some sandwich cases with a spine made from sheet metal, the spine on the T1 is just 2 aluminum beams along the top and bottom of the motherboard. So there is very little that will get in the way or otherwise compromise the mounting location of a rear m.2. The biggest hurdle will be a motherboard backplate, but if you don't have that, you should be able to get away with shorter standoffs!

Reactions: thelaughingman

thelaughingman

SFF Guru
Jul 14, 2018
Rear m.2 shouldn't be an issue for shorter standoffs. Unlike some sandwich cases with a spine made from sheet metal, the spine on the T1 is just 2 aluminum beams along the top and bottom of the motherboard. So there is very little that will get in the way or otherwise compromise the mounting location of a rear m.2. The biggest hurdle will be a motherboard backplate, but if you don't have that, you should be able to get away with shorter standoffs!
you're right! my plan is to get the Gen 4 "string" riser from Louqe and kinda cable manage it out of the way. If the M.2 heatsink/thermal pad can touch the GPU backplate that's even better haha.

though yet again I will not be able to use the shorter standoffs because the X570i Aorus has a backplate haha

Madhawk1995

Average Stuffer
Sep 9, 2019
you're right! my plan is to get the Gen 4 "string" riser from Louqe and kinda cable manage it out of the way. If the M.2 heatsink/thermal pad can touch the GPU backplate that's even better haha.

I plan on using the Cobalt as well. Hopefully, it's only like $50. Idk on pricing or availability yet. Also, don't know if 280mm riser will fit in this case yet. I think stock riser is 300mm. So, we'll see...

Wahaha360

a.k.a W360
Original poster
SFFLAB
NCASE
SSUPD
Feb 23, 2015
I'm sorry if this is an obvious question but I don't see a second fan installed in the photo. It is possible to have 2 x 120mm fans (preferably the Chromax 15mm ones) attached to the EK240 rather than just 1 right?

Yes, you can install a 15mm slim fan.

Reactions: DrHudacris

Van0

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Mar 29, 2019
Just FYI, Alphacool just released the new TPV 16/10, and a new TPV 12,7/7,6 Push-In Quick Disconnect!

That's looks like a really clean quick connect. Might be what I purchase to use to fill the system when I finally get round to making a custom loop.

SSJ4

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Feb 10, 2020
www.ospreygaming.com.au
BTW, I've checked the Eisbaer LT Pump to see if there was any issue because of the low flow with it in the loop.

Well, it turned out that the CPU block is super dirty and all the fins are blocked! That's why!.

BUT, that was the FIRST TIME I was using it, and all the other parts were flushed and cleaned from the last months of use.

Pretty bad IMO and bad QC, so, just to be sure, OPEN your Eisbaer LT block before to install it! ?

Sorry for the slight necro. This is a result of plastizer from the stock tubes right Fabio?

Im still using stock tubes with my 120mm varient because I am waiting to buy the t1 before I get my 240mm. Looks like I better check it. Plan was always to change the tubes anyway.

Wahaha360

a.k.a W360
Original poster
SFFLAB
NCASE
SSUPD
Feb 23, 2015
...my plan is to get the Gen 4 "string" riser from Louqe and kinda cable manage it out of the way....

The Ghost String Riser is either made by Amphenol or using Amphenol tech (see Amphenol link). Amphenol is trying to bypass 3M patent.

Compare to the 3M, this Amphenol Riser:
1. will be thicker = bigger bend radius = may interfere with fans under the Mobo
2. unlikely to perform better
3. unlikely to be cheaper than 3M
4. when I tested it, it's hotter to the touch than 3M, b/c it doesn't have that silver heat shield material that 3M has
5. 3M PCIe 4.0 is around the corner

Unless you specifically want this riser for the look, I stay away and stick with 3M.

ManaNeko

Trash Compacter
Feb 24, 2020

though yet again I will not be able to use the shorter standoffs because the X570i Aorus has a backplate haha
I was just about to intervene about that exact point. The NVME drive in the back is the main issue. Through the T1 is unique by having a spine instead of a central support plate and you don't have to worry about screwing your SSD in a vice, that standoff is the only distance between the back of the MB and the GPU, and you have the PCIe riser cable to take into account. So no, I see your point and I guess it isn't such a viable option.
I'll keep that in mind whenever I do my own build.

Last edited:

MisterJester

Caliper Novice
Apr 15, 2020
Does anybody know how thick the backplate is on a gigabyte mobo? Would shorter standoffs be viable in that situation?

JRey

Average Stuffer
Jun 27, 2020
I read all 386 pages and also used the search function to try and find the answer to this question.

Has anyone here tried using the Alphacool LT 240 with the extension set to add a GPU?
Alphacool Extension

I'm debating going this route. I'd also shorten the tubes and reuse the fittings as well to better fit the T1.

Per @Wahaha360's recommendation of 8mm/11mm for easier tube routing, this seems like the easiest and most cost-efficient option instead of buying new fittings and tubes.

mfmunh

Chassis Packer
Apr 15, 2020
I read all 386 pages and also used the search function to try and find the answer to this question.

Has anyone here tried using the Alphacool LT 240 with the extension set to add a GPU?
Alphacool Extension

I'm debating going this route. I'd also shorten the tubes and reuse the fittings as well to better fit the T1.
I dont think anyone has attempted this. most people so far have gone with a custom. Depending on the 2/3 slot configuration, you may have issue fitting two set of those bulky quick release. It was mention that if you run 3 slot, you have to remove the quick release. if you like the idea of quick release, Alphacool has two other connectors that looks less bulky. The latest release seems to be the cleanest - link here https://www.alphacool.com/shop/ansc...plungsset-tpv-pushin-industry-version?c=20538

Reactions: Madhawk1995