Production FormD T1 Classic (READ FIRST POST)

Increase volume from 9.8L to 10.5L to support MSI Suprim X 30XX?

• Yes, worth the trade off to be more compatible with components

Votes: 116 24.7%
  • No, not worth it b/c it is not better than the ROG 30XX, which fits now at <10L

Votes: 353 75.3%

• Total voters

gwertheim

King of Cable Management
Nov 27, 2017
RED ALERT!

This back pack was recommended in this thread for transporting the T1, and it's a lightning deal for $27 (there's a little check box to apply $8 off the lightning deal price of $35)

I have the goruck backpack which I use for travel, it will fit the T1 perfectly

RTP80

Caliper Novice
Jun 10, 2020
We all are. If not all, the VAST majority of us are. I don’t want to sound overtly hostile, but we’ve now hit the point where this has been addressed both on the first post and within 1 page of your own posts.
I doubt @Wahaha360 is sitting in his pent house flat somewhere reading your posts and laughing maniacally between sips of cognac on his throne ready to order and ship T1s. The team are doing their best to get this first round of orders done... correctly. Give them the time they need because they are just trying to make sure that when you do click that order button:
A) you get the case.
B) it’s not missing anything or damaged.
C) it’s the variation that you ordered.
They know the expectations they set. They know it’s the 21st. It’s also a Sunday and Fathers Day. Give them time.

As a new member to this forum, I am going to give my thoughts. Take them for what they are worth.

First my background, I used to build my own water and a chiller cooled system about 15-20 years ago. I wanted a smaller case than what I have now, looked at an Intel NUC, liked the size but not the noise and lack of graphics, so now I am eagerly back in to building a new rig. Saw Fabio's build which really hits exactly what I am looking for, and now I am eagerly waiting for the T1.

Now I have seen in the past week a lot of questions (and asked my own) that are answered by read the first post and/or thread. Some of these questions do seem to have a now or less hostile response. I know that when you become an expert in an area, that thing come easily and you start to take things for granted. I feel that in some instances that is happening here.

1. The first post keeps on being pointed to. The first post does not have every answer and in fact is not as up to date as other posts. This is not a bad thing for Wahaha, as I am sure now is a very busy time and personally I rather him spend his time on finalizing the case. But everyone should acknowledge it doesn't contain all knowledge and the rest of the thread is almost 400 pages long, impossible to read it all. There are questions people will have, and just because you know the answer, I don't think we should assume everyone else should as well.

For example my first post was when a silver version would be available. The answer was to read the first post which I did. There is a picture of all the colors saying Q4 2020, which doesn't make sense since the initial sales said June. Also the FAQ didn't mention the full silver version, so I was left wondering. Posting and telling me to read the first post don't help. It either isn't there or I missed it completely.

2. There are a number of new users it seems that are excited (like me!). No need to put people down because they are leaning and not up to speed yet. At some point we have all asked stupid questions. Helping people out is what forums like the are for. That will grow the community and make it easier for everyone. This is a good thing, it is much better to be able to go on online and find a PC radiator, rather than have to look at motorcycle radiators that might fit. This is driven by having more demand which communities like this can help drive.

I think we can help people out. I was inspired by the design of Wahaha and the clean build Fabio did. I have been researching now and am happy to share what I found. Even if it is something that a Google search could turn up, I already did it so happy to share.

3. People are just excited. They may be posting what they are thinking right now, as this seems to be the main place to post anything about the T1. They may not be looking for an answer, but rather are just putting their thoughts out there. Not really a response needed sometimes.

4. Not everything is clear and matter you missed the point of the question. It is easy to jump to conclusions. I posted about the PCI extender asking for recommendations. The reason I did is because the first post said that the first batch of cases might not have the extender available. So I was asking to see if I could source it myself and not be delayed with the case. I said so in my post as well. When responding saying to just use what Wahaha selected, the point was missed completely. I would love to do that but since in the first post it said those adapters may be delayed, I was looking for alternatives in case they are in fact not available with the T1.

5. If people see a date or some other factual tidbit, they will hold onto it. It's human nature. A date of June 20th was thrown out there. In absence of other information that is people will hang onto. Again I think people are excited.

Ultimately I think that we are here to help one another. Yes people should read the first post. But it is not as up to date as the rest of the thread, so there may be things you have read that are not in the first post. I am happy to volunteer my time to update a page with all of the just recent updates that could be linked in the first post. I doubt that control would want to be given up, but offering it all the same as I am sure there are many other things to focus on for the realest beyond updating a forum. Also not all of the information is there. There are things that may not be there, and in fact things where there may not be an answer for right now.

As I said ultimately we are here to help each other. If you can point someone in the right direction great! But if you only have a hostile response, maybe just don't post it and let someone else answer it. Someone else will help out, keep the community friendly, keep prolly excited, and may be see something you are missing. Or not and maybe it was just a stupid question in the first place :)

Any ways, thanks everyone for all the help so far and thanks to Wahaha for building this excellent case!

gwertheim

King of Cable Management
Nov 27, 2017
As a new member to this forum, I am going to give my thoughts. Take them for what they are worth.

First my background, I used to build my own water and a chiller cooled system about 15-20 years ago. I wanted a smaller case than what I have now, looked at an Intel NUC, liked the size but not the noise and lack of graphics, so now I am eagerly back in to building a new rig. Saw Fabio's build which really hits exactly what I am looking for, and now I am eagerly waiting for the T1.

Now I have seen in the past week a lot of questions (and asked my own) that are answered by read the first post and/or thread. Some of these questions do seem to have a now or less hostile response. I know that when you become an expert in an area, that thing come easily and you start to take things for granted. I feel that in some instances that is happening here.

1. The first post keeps on being pointed to. The first post does not have every answer and in fact is not as up to date as other posts. This is not a bad thing for Wahaha, as I am sure now is a very busy time and personally I rather him spend his time on finalizing the case. But everyone should acknowledge it doesn't contain all knowledge and the rest of the thread is almost 400 pages long, impossible to read it all. There are questions people will have, and just because you know the answer, I don't think we should assume everyone else should as well.

For example my first post was when a silver version would be available. The answer was to read the first post which I did. There is a picture of all the colors saying Q4 2020, which doesn't make sense since the initial sales said June. Also the FAQ didn't mention the full silver version, so I was left wondering. Posting and telling me to read the first post don't help. It either isn't there or I missed it completely.

2. There are a number of new users it seems that are excited (like me!). No need to put people down because they are leaning and not up to speed yet. At some point we have all asked stupid questions. Helping people out is what forums like the are for. That will grow the community and make it easier for everyone. This is a good thing, it is much better to be able to go on online and find a PC radiator, rather than have to look at motorcycle radiators that might fit. This is driven by having more demand which communities like this can help drive.

I think we can help people out. I was inspired by the design of Wahaha and the clean build Fabio did. I have been researching now and am happy to share what I found. Even if it is something that a Google search could turn up, I already did it so happy to share.

3. People are just excited. They may be posting what they are thinking right now, as this seems to be the main place to post anything about the T1. They may not be looking for an answer, but rather are just putting their thoughts out there. Not really a response needed sometimes.

4. Not everything is clear and matter you missed the point of the question. It is easy to jump to conclusions. I posted about the PCI extender asking for recommendations. The reason I did is because the first post said that the first batch of cases might not have the extender available. So I was asking to see if I could source it myself and not be delayed with the case. I said so in my post as well. When responding saying to just use what Wahaha selected, the point was missed completely. I would love to do that but since in the first post it said those adapters may be delayed, I was looking for alternatives in case they are in fact not available with the T1.

5. If people see a date or some other factual tidbit, they will hold onto it. It's human nature. A date of June 20th was thrown out there. In absence of other information that is people will hang onto. Again I think people are excited.

Ultimately I think that we are here to help one another. Yes people should read the first post. But it is not as up to date as the rest of the thread, so there may be things you have read that are not in the first post. I am happy to volunteer my time to update a page with all of the just recent updates that could be linked in the first post. I doubt that control would want to be given up, but offering it all the same as I am sure there are many other things to focus on for the realest beyond updating a forum. Also not all of the information is there. There are things that may not be there, and in fact things where there may not be an answer for right now.

As I said ultimately we are here to help each other. If you can point someone in the right direction great! But if you only have a hostile response, maybe just don't post it and let someone else answer it. Someone else will help out, keep the community friendly, keep prolly excited, and may be see something you are missing. Or not and maybe it was just a stupid question in the first place :)

Any ways, thanks everyone for all the help so far and thanks to Wahaha for building this excellent case!

I do apologize for blowing you off when you asked about the riser. I talk to @Wahaha360 once or twice a week. I will ask him to update it and drop in.

Yes the June 20th date has come and gone but these times are pretty messed up manufacturing wise. As @Wahaha360 gets more information about what will or will not be with the case before it goes on sale.

I've been through this before with the ghost s1 and this process is alot better in terms of communication. In terms of the delays in shipping and manufacturing, it's beyond anyone's control.

Last edited:

kazuma86

Airflow Optimizer
Jan 12, 2020

Wow, one article when i read all this reply.. Sorry, i try to looking riser for you last time.. @fabio already post for me, but little bit busy since i have RL, will try to figure out for you.

@RTP80 this is for Riser and the recommended one is ADT Riser
YES! Right now you have 2 option:
This of 30cm length:

And this, 25cm, super tight fit!

Be careful, they have problem/interfer with the slim fan below the motherboard with the lower bracket.
The one included goes out straight. All the others should be bent to go up and reach the motherboard connector.
This means that they block the slim fan if placed against the motherboard.

With them+radiator, you have to have the fans against the top panel.

But if you in hurry, you may used search toolbars and will be get that information.

I know for the date people being curious but people didnt realize all the new member already read first page for that one.
--
Like I said last time, the problem is not redundant question but unnecessary reply with one liner post..
--
Well people always excited and like you said thats human nature. With all condition, sometimes I prefers ready in market first rather than waiting,, but this is my first Pre Orders case, so I will waiting and keep on eye with fabio build rather than pay more than 200.

RED ALERT!

This back pack was recommended in this thread for transporting the T1, and it's a lightning deal for $27 (there's a little check box to apply $8 off the lightning deal price of $35)

I'm a branded user, if @Wahaha360 make backpack for this case I will buy that too.. if Not i will consider another option.. but i should make a choice camera or T1, with >_<

Last edited:
Reactions: Doppler9

MisterJester

Caliper Novice
Apr 15, 2020

Real talk tho... I had questions about the riser and I, myself, had asked questions about the EK-AIO after they had already been answered a couple hundred pages before I asked. Questions that haven’t been answered recently are more than reasonable, the thread is rather hard to search.
To be more specific I think spamming the “waiting for preorder” message is in poor form after being addressed literally the page before.

zenpressocup

Chassis Packer
Jun 7, 2020
Hopefully a useful tip for newcomers like me! I understand 400 pages may be daunting but there's a ton of really interesting and useful information in it! Been a rabbit hole for me for a week now. I also miss some things that should have already been answered previously, but appreciate the people in this thread who point them out.

You can search exact phrases you want to look up in the thread by enclosing them in quotation marks and doing the following in the search bar:

Clicking on the "Advanced..." button will also give you more options!

More than likely as well, some people have already asked the same questions over in the subreddit (r/formd) so that could also be a source of information too.

kazuma86

Airflow Optimizer
Jan 12, 2020
Hopefully a useful tip for newcomers like me! I understand 400 pages may be daunting but there's a ton of really interesting and useful information in it! Been a rabbit hole for me for a week now. I also miss some things that should have already been answered previously, but appreciate the people in this thread who point them out.

You can search exact phrases you want to look up in the thread by enclosing them in quotation marks and doing the following in the search bar:

More than likely as well, some people have already asked the same questions over in the subreddit (r/formd) so that could also be a source of information too.

input by member will be help you a lot, this problem actually already discuss many times before this one.. so actually need some patient for old member to explain about that.

People didnt realize (Me too) you should know how to used forum and thread before posting.. so, new member should be patient too, if you got comment "Read First Page"

Madhawk1995

Average Stuffer
Sep 9, 2019

This is exactly what I did once I found this forum(09/19). I didn't open my mouth or begin replying till I could provide value to the conversation.

Of course, this was months after I tried a multiple of sff setups and mods in my Ghost s1. Now, I understand a lot about fitment, cooling, what tdp is realistic for the size. I understand the you're excited. Maybe it's just I'm older. But, in general you get flamed on forums that have people ask stupid questions that have already been repeated. This isn't reddit or some chat. It is a different format and means of communication. It's similar to how a book is different than a blog post.

Here's an example: I read a book. You are interested in said book. Of course, I am willing to loan you the book. But, instead of ever reading the book(clearly in your possession). You constantly hound me for answers to your insurmountable questions pertaining to the book. All we are asking is 'Please, read the book' on your own in your free time on your due time. It's quite simple and we all did it. If you really are as interested and excited as you state you are. Then, take the time and do your due diligence of research.

theexplainer

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Jul 30, 2018
@Wahaha360 Does anyone knows that ROG RYUO 240 AIO fit this case or not ? I've got a RYUO 240 AIO and 2 pieces of 12X15mm fans that i want to install in this case.
dude, you could have searched the thread for this AIO (or check the first post for the "useful links" file, where you would have found a list of many AIOs that should fit)
Yes. I got the ROG RYUO 240 AIO in my FormD T1. You can put it in there, I used one 25mm Noctua A12 and one 15mm A12.

Basriy

Chassis Packer
Feb 18, 2020
Wanted to thank the producer - received the missing power button. It was told that because of supply disorders the power button is not included in initial dispatch, so I got along with a power button from another case. Frankly speaking, I wasn't hoping to receive it anytime sooner, but behold! here it is. Now my case is even more beautiful.

PBJ

Airflow Optimizer
Jan 6, 2019
Speaking of power button will this vandal switch be appropriate for the case? I’m going for a black/gunmetal build with purple rgb.
I wish @pslate had purple/UV lit buttons...
It is 16mm, so it should screw in no problem. However, it is longer than the included power button. So if the PSU power cable Is facing the same side where you install the Power Button, it might cause issues. This can easily be solved by installing them in opposing sides.

Below, you can see what I mean. That is the included power button, which is shorter and there’s no space left if you decide to install both things facing each other. In the example below, both are facing the GPU Side.

Last edited:

RTP80

Caliper Novice
Jun 10, 2020
Thanks @gwertheim @threestripevida and all the others that help keep things running here. I really appreciate all of the work that you do on this thread!

@kazuma86 I had looked at those risers but after seeing that they dont have the 90 degree bend, i decided to pass on those. I dont have any need for pcie 4 yet. I was trying to find the ADT riser that is packaged with the T1, but I couldnt find any that were not backordered until August/Septemeber, so for me it seems that getting them with the case will be the fastest way, even if it is delayed a little bit. Wahaha's order will likely be in before anything that I could order online would be.