Production FormD T1 Classic (READ FIRST POST)

Increase volume from 9.8L to 10.5L to support MSI Suprim X 30XX?

• Yes, worth the trade off to be more compatible with components

Votes: 116 24.7%
  • No, not worth it b/c it is not better than the ROG 30XX, which fits now at <10L

Votes: 353 75.3%

• Total voters

gwertheim

King of Cable Management
Nov 27, 2017
I have searched and looked at videos and build pictures but unable to find the LT240 fitting quantity I need. I am looking to do what optimum tech did with his T1. This is my first time doing watercool. How many 90 degrees fitting and compression fitting do I need to complete the CPU and GPU loop? Thanks

My first time to, buy 10 and if you need more you buy more

Reactions: shopan

ottosepta

Efficiency Noob
Jun 7, 2020
Unfortunately, I don't think there is a comprehensive list like you mention. I would refer to @gwertheim's linked guide. Also, most manufacturers that list a mm width measurement include the backplate, so that's another thing to consider, as the T1's 39.2mm is a PCB to Panel limit.

That is a good point about the mm measurement often including the backplate, I hadn't realized that. Thank you @DrHudacris and @gwertheim for the link.

BananaOoyoo

Chassis Packer
Jun 11, 2020
That is a good point about the mm measurement often including the backplate, I hadn't realized that. Thank you @DrHudacris and @gwertheim for the link.
I’m having a similar concern with GPU fit, though with height vs. width. If it isn’t a clean fit as-is, I wonder if there will be room to tinker with it, whether it’s 3D printing a new GPU bracket or (in my case), removing the LED strip on a FTW3.

gwertheim

King of Cable Management
Nov 27, 2017
My first time to, buy 10 and if you need more you buy more

I was actually talking about the tube connectors but whatever. There are a couple of build guides, check em out and go from there, every build is different so nobody can tell you exactly how many of everything

Reactions: DrHudacris

RTP80

Caliper Novice
Jun 10, 2020
Is that for all versions as pictured? So if orders become available in June they will be delivered in Q4 regardless of whether it is black or silver? Or is the black version available sooner and silver will be released in a few months?

RTP80

Caliper Novice
Jun 10, 2020
For anything silver

Ok, so just to be clear, the two tone mentioned in the first post is now delayed? So instead of being in the June batch it wont be available until Q4? And assuming that that delay means that all of the silver will be in Q4?

Thanks for the additional information. I wasnt getting this from the first post.

shopan

Cable Smoosher
May 16, 2020
About the flipped PSU, how do I know which orientation is flipped or not? is this picture below has a flipped psu? thanks

PBJ

Airflow Optimizer
Jan 6, 2019
About the flipped PSU, how do I know which orientation is flipped or not? is this picture below has a flipped psu? thanks

In that picture the PSU is flipped. When the Power Cable is facing the fans, and the M\B, CPU, GPU cables are facing the other side (in the picture they’re facing to the bottom of the case), then you know it’s flipped.

Reactions: shopan

DrHudacris

King of Cable Management
Jul 20, 2019

Yep, this picture is what most of us refer to as "flipped", as most sandwich cases have the PSU oriented the other way, by default.

Another (potential) advantage of the flipped orientation is less restriction for the fan. When I did my first cleaning of the mesh of dust, I noticed the dust only accumulated in the part of the mesh between the fan and PSU. That's a 20-30mm area (at least on the motherboard side of the case). With the flipped PSU, the exhaust vent faces the intake of the fan, which allows freer flowing intake air for the fan. In theory!

PBJ

Airflow Optimizer
Jan 6, 2019
Yep, this picture is what most of us refer to as "flipped", as most sandwich cases have the PSU oriented the other way, by default.

Another (potential) advantage of the flipped orientation is less restriction for the fan. When I did my first cleaning of the mesh of dust, I noticed the dust only accumulated in the part of the mesh between the fan and PSU. That's a 20-30mm area (at least on the motherboard side of the case). With the flipped PSU, the exhaust vent faces the intake of the fan, which allows freer flowing intake air for the fan. In theory!
Do you have the radiator fans as intake? Does that yield better temp results in your build?

Navic

Master of Cramming
Jan 6, 2019
AIO tubes will be a bit tighter due to the PSU bracket. If you’re going with a custom loop, this is easily avoided with 90° fittings or routing the tubes another way.
It should be mentioned that should be less of a problem with version 1.1 of the case (the one in the june batch), because there is now a cutout for the tubes to go through. It can still be a problem if the tubes are really thick, but most AIO tubes aren't that thick, so it should be fine.