Production FormD T1 Classic (READ FIRST POST)

Increase volume from 9.8L to 10.5L to support MSI Suprim X 30XX?

• Yes, worth the trade off to be more compatible with components

Votes: 116 24.7%
  • No, not worth it b/c it is not better than the ROG 30XX, which fits now at <10L

Votes: 353 75.3%

• Total voters

Daemos

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Feb 3, 2017
You may have already checked , hope this helps.

Yep...it's still aquatuning ship from Europe...buying two metres of the tube is approx $16 AUD PLUS $65 AUD for shipping...so unfortunately not worth it.

BananaOoyoo

Chassis Packer
Jun 11, 2020
Hi! Will the T1 fit a 1080Ti FTW3? There were a couple posts on it earlier, but I couldn't find a conclusion.

The dimensions are: 299.72mm x 142.69mm x dual slot.

Reactions: Purndou

Purndou

What's an ITX?
New User
Mar 8, 2020
Hi! Will the T1 fit a 1080Ti FTW3? There were a couple posts on it earlier, but I couldn't find a conclusion.

The dimensions are: 299.72mm x 142.69mm x dual slot.

You can check this on the product page:

Graphics Card Support
Cards 3 slots (60mm) or less:
  • Length: 312mm
  • Height: 140mm
Note on height limits: please allow 15-20mm for PCIe power connectors

This means that it will probably be a tight fit for the PCIe power connectors for your specific Graphics card.

Reactions: BananaOoyoo

F7IN

Trash Compacter
Mar 1, 2020
Thanks everyone for the replies about the SSDs. @kazuma86 The reason I have such a setup is because I originally had just a 1TB Crucial P1, which held everything, but with the size of games these days it filled up very quickly. So I then bought a Sabrent Rocket 2TB which has been running from the back of my mobo whilst it sits in it's test bench config as I wait for the T1

Reactions: kazuma86

BananaOoyoo

Chassis Packer
Jun 11, 2020
You can check this on the product page:

Graphics Card Support
Cards 3 slots (60mm) or less:
  • Length: 312mm
  • Height: 140mm
Note on height limits: please allow 15-20mm for PCIe power connectors

This means that it will probably be a tight fit for the PCIe power connectors for your specific Graphics card.

Yeah, I saw that it's 140mm card height to strut and 151mm to panel. If it's just the PCIe connectors that cause problems, then I could look at low profile options, but I'm not sure if the GPU itself can be crammed in there. (Maybe with minimal modifications?)

Reactions: Purndou

Madhawk1995

Average Stuffer
Sep 9, 2019
Apologies for bringing the topic up again, but on the subject of M.2 SSDs; if we assume that I have to use all M.2 storage, with one on the front of the motherboard and one behind, and we assume that the one behind will definitely run a lot hotter than the one on the front due to its proximity to the gpu in this case and the fact that it doesn't have an IHS like the front one. Would it be more sensible to put my 1TB OS Drive or my 2TB mass games storage in the front? Which would generate more heat on it's own, running the OS from it or running games from it?
Look into a copper m.2 heatsink, 40mm noctua fan or that strix z490i dual m.2 heatsink on the front of the mobo. I am sure x670 or whatever launches with zen 3 will have that as well. I am looking to purchase one of those. Also, the Samsung 980 looks like 6.5k read speeds so we can end this ps5 nvme drama. I will wait a bit for a 2tb and a sale. Afterwards, sell off one of my 2tb 970 Evo Plus's. Also, just went with 2 tb nvme's to make life easy. No HDDs in this unless I get an external Dual HDD dock which I might but use a super long extension cord to usb hub so it is as far away as possible so I don't ever have to hear it. If not most likely just use my NAS for scratch files media backup playback. I have just been lazy setting up snapshots and backup and file access properly on my Synology I built 8TB in RAID 1. I am looking forward to the future with 4tb NVME finally coming out($799) and hopefully 8TB as well. Btw, you can swap the NVME drive in the PS5 as long as it is a faster than stock nvme ssd. I'm not a console guy but it has a few exclusives(spiderman, ratchet & clank, sackboy, Ghost of Tsushima) I am actually happy to see. Also, I finally get NHL again. It will be nice to finally have this case and sell of my old stuff for zen 3 + 3080ti 3 slot.

ottosepta

Efficiency Noob
Jun 7, 2020
Would anybody be able to point me in the right direction for GPUs compatible with the T1? I thought I remembered finding a link somewhere, but can't find it anymore and the search bar isn't giving me any help.

Specifically, I'm wondering about 2-slot mode because I'd like to try the L12S before moving to liquid cooling. My understanding is the T1 gives 39.2mm of space from PCB to the side panel in 2-slot mode, but am curious whether people have been successful in squeezing cards that are 41-42mm (like a Zotac Mini or Powercolor Red Dragon in) and what other card options are known safe choices.

I saw Brude27 used the EVGA RTX 2070 XC Gaming, but that is the only build like this that I've found with a parts list.

Any help is appreciated.

Reactions: Brude27

ottosepta

Efficiency Noob
Jun 7, 2020

Thank you for your reply.

Yes, as mentioned, I am aware that the clearance is 39.2mm. I am wondering if anyone knows of a definitive list of GPUs that either fall within that value (or that do not, but can be squeezed in with minimal pressure on the panel). I've spent extensive time looking and even finding that third dimension measurement for most GPUs can be difficult as often GPU specs just state 2-slot, not the mm/inch value.

Also, I've gone through most of that build list and Brude27 was the only build I saw that gave the GPU model while using the L12S.

gwertheim

King of Cable Management
Nov 27, 2017

Yes, as mentioned, I am aware that the clearance is 39.2mm. I am wondering if anyone knows of a definitive list of GPUs that either fall within that value (or that do not, but can be squeezed in with minimal pressure on the panel). I've spent extensive time looking and even finding that third dimension measurement for most GPUs can be difficult as often GPU specs just state 2-slot, not the mm/inch value.

Also, I've gone through most of that build list and Brude27 was the only build I saw that gave the GPU model while using the L12S.

VERY few people have the case so there aren't many builds, so you need to figure it out for yourself. The link below might help

Goatee

King of Cable Management
Jun 22, 2018
Reactions: DrHudacris

RTP80

Caliper Novice
Jun 10, 2020
Does anyone know if the silver case will be available in the first batch, ie. available for order this month? Or will that not be until later.

RTP80

Caliper Novice
Jun 10, 2020
Check the first post
I have and just read it again. There is mention of a two tone in June. There is the picture with the silver case that says Q4 2020, but that also has a picture of every design style. So I am not sure if that means that both silver and black will come out at the same time, is only the two tone coming out in June, and lastly the picture of the silver case isn't the mesh, so I am unsure on this too.

Am I missing something? Does it say that the solid silver case is up for order in June? I just reread and am not seeing it. Where should I check?

gwertheim

King of Cable Management
Nov 27, 2017
I have and just read it again. There is mention of a two tone in June. There is the picture with the silver case that says Q4 2020, but that also has a picture of every design style. So I am not sure if that means that both silver and black will come out at the same time, is only the two tone coming out in June, and lastly the picture of the silver case isn't the mesh, so I am unsure on this too.

Am I missing something? Does it say that the solid silver case is up for order in June? I just reread and am not seeing it. Where should I check?

Q4 2020

DrHudacris

King of Cable Management
Jul 20, 2019

Unfortunately, I don't think there is a comprehensive list like you mention. I would refer to @gwertheim's linked guide. Also, most manufacturers that list a mm width measurement include the backplate, so that's another thing to consider, as the T1's 39.2mm is a PCB to Panel limit.

Reactions: Brude27 and fabio

shopan

Cable Smoosher
May 16, 2020
I have searched and looked at videos and build pictures but unable to find the LT240 fitting quantity I need. I am looking to do what optimum tech did with his T1. This is my first time doing watercool. How many 90 degrees fitting and compression fitting do I need to complete the CPU and GPU loop? Thanks