Production FormD T1 Classic (READ FIRST POST)

Increase volume from 9.8L to 10.5L to support MSI Suprim X 30XX?

• Yes, worth the trade off to be more compatible with components

Votes: 116 24.7%
  • No, not worth it b/c it is not better than the ROG 30XX, which fits now at <10L

Votes: 353 75.3%

• Total voters

Wyd4

Cable-Tie Ninja
Oct 21, 2018
Did a little cable clean up today. Still a bit messy but about as good as I can be bothered with for now.

Van0

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Mar 29, 2019
Probably a good thing this can be ordered without a riser as I have an old Dan A4 sitting at home I can steal one from and save a dime at the same time. Can't wait to get my hands on this case.

grinny

Caliper Novice
May 18, 2020
I just can't decide between SF750 or SF600 and even SF450.

I want to have as silent system as possible and I know that for my current system even SF450 will be enough. (Ryzen 1600AE & 5700XT Nitro+)

Since I will upgrade the CPU to Zen 3 and also GPU with the new generation, I can't be sure how will be the power draw for the new components. That's one reason to consider SF750 (or SF600), another reason is silence. (Also future proofness and OC abilities are a plus)

But as far as I have read, getting a semi-fanless PSU with a low power system has a drawback; heat generation. Since the system won't draw enough power to spin the PSU fan, it will become a heat generator in an already small case.

I checked Aris' reviews on three of these PSUs, and it seems like SF450 starts spinning @180W & SF600 @240W & SF750 @375W

Which means SF750 most probably will never spin the fan in my current system while gaming. Do you think it's a problem? Considering there will be a fan under(or over depending on the case orientation) the PSU?

Daemos

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Feb 3, 2017
3900x
Rtx2080ti
16gb 3600mhz cl15
2x 1tb m.2
1x 500gb 2.5” ssd
2 Corsair 120mm aios
Sf600

Wow that's awesome. Did you have to make any modificaitons to make it all fit? It looks like one H55 and one H60!

What screws did you use to mount the radiator fans, or are you using zip ties or double sided tape?

Does the H60 with the slim fan keep the 3900x's temps in check?

Reactions: Odd_Fox

fabio

Shrink Ray Wielder
Apr 6, 2016

I want to have as silent system as possible and I know that for my current system even SF450 will be enough. (Ryzen 1600AE & 5700XT Nitro+)

Since I will upgrade the CPU to Zen 3 and also GPU with the new generation, I can't be sure how will be the power draw for the new components. That's one reason to consider SF750 (or SF600), another reason is silence. (Also future proofness and OC abilities are a plus)

But as far as I have read, getting a semi-fanless PSU with a low power system has a drawback; heat generation. Since the system won't draw enough power to spin the PSU fan, it will become a heat generator in an already small case.

I checked Aris' reviews on three of these PSUs, and it seems like SF450 starts spinning @180W & SF600 @240W & SF750 @375W

Which means SF750 most probably will never spin the fan in my current system while gaming. Do you think it's a problem? Considering there will be a fan under(or over depending on the case orientation) the PSU?
Best future proof is the SF600. Guys, stop to be afraid about the PSU fans! Are the quietest in the entire system!! Your GPU produce more noise. ;)

Last edited:

kazuma86

Airflow Optimizer
Jan 12, 2020
3900x
Rtx2080ti
16gb 3600mhz cl15
2x 1tb m.2
1x 500gb 2.5” ssd
2 Corsair 120mm aios
Sf600

Wow.. 2 AIO 120 is not to much noise in there?

Best future proof is the SF600. Guys, stop to be afraid about the PSU fans! Are the quietest in the entire system!! Your GPU produce more noise. ;)

Yes true PSU now a days are quite silent rather than GPU, also my vendor told if your PC only need 500w less and your PSU 750w your PSU will only use 500w not entire 750w

Last edited:

gwertheim

King of Cable Management
Nov 27, 2017

Put in your parts and it will show you the estimated wattage, if it is more than 500, go with the 750

Reactions: grinny

Wahaha360

a.k.a W360
Original poster
SFFLAB
NCASE
SSUPD
Feb 23, 2015
@Wahaha360 will the hard tubing be ready to ship with the case and what size fittings would we need for it?

TLDR, I rather make scaffolding / retainers to hold soft tubing in place.

The 3D printed hard tubes have a plasticizer problem, and the complexity of the shape make it pricy, so it's 3D printed plasticizer problem.

Currently, I'm leaning towards designing scaffolding / retainers to hold soft tubing in place. I will probably upload the design to my GrabCAD page and people can download, edit and 3D print themselves if they want.

Again, I don't want to put the carriage before the horse, the case needs to ship first.

gwertheim

King of Cable Management
Nov 27, 2017
TLDR, I rather make scaffolding / retainers to hold soft tubing in place.

The 3D printed hard tubes have a plasticizer problem, and the complexity of the shape make it pricy, so it's 3D printed plasticizer problem.

Currently, I'm leaning towards designing scaffolding / retainers to hold soft tubing in place. I will probably upload the design to my GrabCAD page and people can download, edit and 3D print themselves if they want.

Again, I don't want to put the carriage before the horse, the case needs to ship first.

Good to know. Worth a try

tinyitx

Shrink Ray Wielder
Jan 25, 2018

SF750 will not be a problem at all regarding its fan non spinning while gaming.

Heat is generated due to non 100% efficiency of a PSU. Whether a PSU is cooled by a fan or not, its heat generation is a constant. In fact, SF750, should generate slightly less heat than the other two PSUs. Let me do a back-of-the-envelope calculation to demonstrate.

Say, your current CPU + GPU + system fans demand 300W during gaming.
For SF450, this is about 67% load, this relates to about 91% efficiency. The other 9% is mainly lost as heat.
(I am using the efficiency vs load curve printed on the SF450 package box)
For SF600, it is 50% load and corresponds to about 92% efficiency.
For SF750, it is 40% load and corresponds to about 92.5% efficiency.
In general, the peak efficiency comes at around 40-45% load.

At 300W load, SF450 and SF600 will spin its fan while SF750 does not.
However, heat generated inside a SF750 will escape mostly probably by natural convection while the other 2 PSUs will expel the heat by spinning fan. So, SF750 will be dead silent here.
Also, remember heat generated inside and by a SF750 is very very slightly less than that of the other two.

Other factors like price, availability, future proofing might be important to you too.

grinny

Caliper Novice
May 18, 2020
SF750 will not be a problem at all regarding its fan non spinning while gaming.

Heat is generated due to non 100% efficiency of a PSU. Whether a PSU is cooled by a fan or not, its heat generation is a constant. In fact, SF750, should generate slightly less heat than the other two PSUs. Let me do a back-of-the-envelope calculation to demonstrate.

Say, your current CPU + GPU + system fans demand 300W during gaming.
For SF450, this is about 67% load, this relates to about 91% efficiency. The other 9% is mainly lost as heat.
(I am using the efficiency vs load curve printed on the SF450 package box)
For SF600, it is 50% load and corresponds to about 92% efficiency.
For SF750, it is 40% load and corresponds to about 92.5% efficiency.
In general, the peak efficiency comes at around 40-45% load.

At 300W load, SF450 and SF600 will spin its fan while SF750 does not.
However, heat generated inside a SF750 will escape mostly probably by natural convection while the other 2 PSUs will expel the heat by spinning fan. So, SF750 will be dead silent here.
Also, remember heat generated inside and by a SF750 is very very slightly less than that of the other two.

Other factors like price, availability, future proofing might be important to you too.

Wow, thanks for the detailed answer.

Since we don't have stock for any of the models in my country ATM, I'll probably order from Amazon EU sites.

Also, SF750 price is somehow cheaper in Amazon EU right now, so I guess SF750 will be best for me.

Of course if they have stock and this SF750 batch problems are solved afterall...

aexeq

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Apr 7, 2020
@grinny I would also advise for the SF750.
92,5% efficiency will mean at 300W system draw, your PSU will draw 324,3W out of the wall.
This equals 24,3W of heat output. This shouldn't be an issue, but if you want it extra safe, just having the case upside down with the PSUs exhaust at the top and case fans above exhausting heat, there will be no heat buildup.

Reactions: grinny and Dapoktan

Cronos83

Average Stuffer
Mar 13, 2020
@grinny
Also keep in mind, that the Corsair SF series does have a temp sensor.
So the fan will start spinning in case the PSU gets to a certain temperature, no matter what the power draw is.

An SF750 is not goin to overheat just because the system does not draw "enoug" power to trigger the fan.

Wyd4

Cable-Tie Ninja
Oct 21, 2018
Wow that's awesome. Did you have to make any modificaitons to make it all fit? It looks like one H55 and one H60!

What screws did you use to mount the radiator fans, or are you using zip ties or double sided tape?

Does the H60 with the slim fan keep the 3900x's temps in check?
Yeah those are the aios.
No mods required but the power cable runs out the back as a tail as there isn’t enough room for the plug internally.

the fans are attached to the fan brackets with self tapping fan screws on the slim fan and normal screws for the 25mm fan.
The h60 with the slim fan there are no screws holding the rad in place. It’s tight so the top of the case holds it all snug