Production FormD T1 Classic (READ FIRST POST)

Increase volume from 9.8L to 10.5L to support MSI Suprim X 30XX?

• Yes, worth the trade off to be more compatible with components

Votes: 116 24.7%
  • No, not worth it b/c it is not better than the ROG 30XX, which fits now at <10L

Votes: 353 75.3%

• Total voters

fabio

Shrink Ray Wielder
Apr 6, 2016
Even i didn't understand this guy talking, but the effort and how to he build T1 with that AIO try to surpass fabio build.. but now i want to see more from fabio..
--
Edit:

Parts from his build

FormD T1
Gigabyte X570i
AMD R9 3950x
AMD Radeon VII
Corsair 64gb (Probably)
PCIE 4.0 M2 1TB
EK-Velocity AMD CPU AM4
EK-Vector Radeon VII
EK WB Classic SE 240 & Noctua A12x15mm
EK 18W DDC & OCOOL 1U
--
CMIIW
Ahahahah, I don't have more to add I guess! Happy to have started a mad trend! Let's see people what create now!!

@DrHudacris I confirm the Eisdecke+DDC pump with the plastic base is 46mm!! BUT, the screws were not able to seal completely the base to the top. I've used 4 washer to give them more pressure. I think the screws are made to be used with the heatsink though, that is a bit thicker ;)

DrHudacris

King of Cable Management
Jul 20, 2019
Ahahahah, I don't have more to add I guess! Happy to have started a mad trend! Let's see people what create now!!

@DrHudacris I confirm the Eisdecke+DDC pump with the plastic base is 46mm!! BUT, the screws were not able to seal completely the base to the top. I've used 4 washer to give them more pressure. I think the screws are made to be used with the heatsink though, that is a bit thicker ;)

Excellent! No problem about screws, I have M4 screws in assorted lengths. I'm sure I can find the correct length screws to provide enough pressure. Now I must wait for some more parts. Going to upgrade to a Ryzen platform with the Gigabyte board that supports bifurcation!

Navic

Master of Cramming
Jan 6, 2019
So I got bored, and since I dont have all the stuff that fabio does to do anything different with my build, I decided to take it (and my dog) out to the driveway to get more pictures, this time with the side panels off. I still cant get over how tiny and good looking this thing is. For size reference, my dog is a 1 year old mini aussie + border collie mix.

this is gonna get so many upvotes on r/sffpc

Last edited:

PBJ

Airflow Optimizer
Jan 6, 2019
So I got bored, and since I dont have all the stuff that fabio does to do anything different with my build, I decided to take it (and my dog) out to the driveway to get more pictures, this time with the side panels off. I still cant get over how tiny and good looking this thing is. For size reference, my dog is a 1 year old mini aussie + border collie mix.

this is gonna get so many upvotes on r/sffpc
Looks so good you don’t even need custom cables. Seriously, where’d you hide them!?

Navic

Master of Cramming
Jan 6, 2019
Looks so good you don’t even need custom cables. Seriously, where’d you hide them!?
Oh but I might, having the 8pin EPS go over the RAM really bothers me. But it is satisfying knowing that the stock cables are perfect for this build. When noctua comes out with the NF-A12x25 cromax fans that will really complete the look I want for this case.

As for where I hid them, all the cables are basically the exact length needed to reach the connectors! I purchased a single Ghost S1 SATA cable form pslate and it just so happens that the SATA connector for my pump is just long enough to reach it! I have it and the EPS cable under the 24 pin. I have the power and fan cables routed under the rails for the fans.

Reactions: fabio and PBJ

PBJ

Airflow Optimizer
Jan 6, 2019
Oh but I might, having the 8pin EPS go over the RAM really bothers me. But it is satisfying knowing that the stock cables are perfect for this build. When noctua comes out with the NF-A12x25 cromax fans that will really complete the look I want for this case.

As for where I hid them, all the cables are basically the exact length needed to reach the connectors! I purchased a single Ghost S1 SATA cable form pslate and it just so happens that the SATA connector for my pump is just long enough to reach it! I have it and the EPS cable under the 24 pin. I have the power and fan cables routed under the rails for the fans.
Maybe it’s @fabio syndrome, makes you feel that you’re never truly satisfied with your build and that you’re doing it wrong!

PBJ

Airflow Optimizer
Jan 6, 2019
I have been looking into a 240mm AIO...
BUT I've spent enough money on this build... for now
I have the LT240, only thing that bugs me is that is held by 2 screws. It doesn’t move around, that’s for sure, but it triggers ocd.

Reactions: DrHudacris

Navic

Master of Cramming
Jan 6, 2019
I have the LT240, only thing that bugs me is that is held by 2 screws. It doesn’t move around, that’s for sure, but it triggers ocd.
I've been looking at the Corsair H100i Pro XT, and the fact it might have to be held in with a few screws will also trigger my OCD, lol

Reactions: DrHudacris and PBJ

Brude27

Master of Cramming
Jun 21, 2018
Previous testing for comparison here. This time around I'm testing my recent build with the L12S and the NZXT Kraken G12 mod with the Corsair H55 120mm AIO cooling my GPU. Below are the results.
_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
  • CPU - Noctua L12S
    • 120mm Fan: Noctua NF-A12x15

• GPU - Corsair H55 120mm AIO
    • 120mm Fan: Noctua NF-A12x25 on radiator
    • 92mm Fan: Noctua NF-A9x14 on Kraken G12 bracket
_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Idle Temps - 27-30 C
  • RealBench 15min Stress Test:
    • CPU Max temperature - 66 C -2 C from GPU on air
    • GPU Max temperature - 50 C -6 C from GPU on air

• Cinebench R20 5 Pass Loop (2:05 per loop):
    • CPU Max temperature - 63 C -3 C from updated fan curve
    • GPU Max temperature - 29 C No change

• 1 hour+ Hunt:Showdown Gaming:
    • CPU Max temperature - 56 C -8 C from GPU on air
    • GPU Max temperature - 61 C -12 C from GPU on air

Conclusion:

Ladies and gentlemen... this system is EXACTLY how I had hoped it would be! The H55 doesn't have pump noise at all, which is a huge relief to me since that was my biggest concern going back to an AIO. The temp improvements are quite nice, especially while gaming, but not having a turbine sitting next to me is really what's made it all worth it. :)

PBJ

Airflow Optimizer
Jan 6, 2019
Previous testing for comparison here. This time around I'm testing my recent build with the L12S and the NZXT Kraken G12 mod with the Corsair H55 120mm AIO cooling my GPU. Below are the results.
  • CPU - Noctua L12S
    • 120mm Fan: Noctua NF-A12x15

• GPU - Corsair H55 120mm AIO
    • 120mm Fan: Noctua NF-A12x25 on radiator
    • 92mm Fan: Noctua NF-A9x14 on Kraken G12 bracket

Idle Temps - 27-30 C
  • RealBench 15min Stress Test:
    • CPU Max temperature - 66 C -2 C from GPU on air
    • GPU Max temperature - 50 C -6 C from GPU on air

• Cinebench R20 5 Pass Loop (2:05 per loop):
    • CPU Max temperature - 63 C -3 C from updated fan curve
    • GPU Max temperature - 29 C No change

• 1 hour+ Hunt:Showdown Gaming:
    • CPU Max temperature - 56 C -8 C from GPU on air
    • GPU Max temperature - 61 C -12 C from GPU on air

Conclusion:

Ladies and gentlemen... this system is EXACTLY how I had hoped it would be! The H55 doesn't have pump noise at all, which is a huge relief to me since that was my biggest concern going back to an AIO. The temp improvements are quite nice, especially while gaming, but not having a turbine sitting next to me is really what's made it all worth it. :)
Thanks for the test! What’s your ambient temp? How do you test it, with your final fan curve or everything at max?

grinny

Caliper Novice
May 18, 2020
I just read halfway through the topic and what can I say. Just WOW:thumb:

Case looks amazing, and people who got their cases from the first batch must be feeling very lucky.

I was searching for a sandwich style case that can hold my 5700XT NITRO+, but I also wanted it to be modular enough. So I when I get my new gen. GPU (hopefully slimmer card), I would get a better air cooling options for the CPU.

This case ticks all the boxes for me and the quality looks top notch.

Hopefully I will be able to get one for myself from the new batch. Since this will be my first SFF case, I want it to be functional and super cool looking as T1!

Reactions: Odd_Fox

SoSquidTaste

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Feb 26, 2018
Seems that Alphacool just teased a standalone 240mm rad that is 25mm thick on their fb page

Yoooo another very interesting hardware development from their Facebook post, hahahah.

I've been weighing putting on my big boy pants and just going custom loop, so the possibility of their slim 240 radiator available for standalone purchase is giving me ideas.

DrLeroy

Noob Saibot
May 15, 2020
Seems that Alphacool just teased a standalone 240mm rad that is 25mm thick on their fb page

Alphacool delivering the SFF goods again.
I might have to get one of your guys in Europe to mail me some Aphacool gear as a proxy haha!
Need my T1 first though I guess, probably wont make the first batch though, so ill have time for snail shipping :D

Reactions: fabio

DrHudacris

King of Cable Management
Jul 20, 2019
Aaahhh, I have it actually! The Alphacool in brass. It’s a very nice top though! But heavy like hell, I will be a bit scared to have it hanging from a fittings... Didn’t realize that can fit! Maybe I can try it!

You're not kidding...I just got it. It's 620 grams (1 1/3 lbs). It's enough to make me want to just risk using the 1U ES even if it leaks...maybe I can apply some sort of sealant?

Reactions: pwnedundies

fabio

Shrink Ray Wielder
Apr 6, 2016
You're not kidding...I just got it. It's 620 grams (1 1/3 lbs). It's enough to make me want to just risk using the 1U ES even if it leaks...maybe I can apply some sort of sealant?
I’ve told you, is insane! A brass block! ? but super helpful with all these in and out!
But man, use your 1U ES! Mine were leaking just now, and pretty badly! But before was amazing!
If you use your DDC310 you will not have any problem I think! (Based on AC email).
Get an EK Leak Tester and that’s it!

Brude27

Master of Cramming
Jun 21, 2018
Thanks for the test! What’s your ambient temp? How do you test it, with your final fan curve or everything at max?

Np! My ambient temperature is 20 C, and my testing is done with my final fan curve. I know that’s not a great baseline for a lot of people, but I will 100% never run a system with 100% fan speed due to sound haha. I aim for 35-40 dB max with a 33 dB sound floor if that gives you an idea of what I’m working with.

Thanks for the cooler comparisons Brude. What RPM speed are you running the L12S fan at?

Np! Under normal load it sits around 1100 RPM, but synthetic load over a few minutes can bring it up to 1700 RPM, which is still surprisingly quiet. This build iteration was planned for silence, and it really nails it!