Production FormD T1 Classic (READ FIRST POST)

Increase volume from 9.8L to 10.5L to support MSI Suprim X 30XX?

• Yes, worth the trade off to be more compatible with components

Votes: 116 24.7%
  • No, not worth it b/c it is not better than the ROG 30XX, which fits now at <10L

Votes: 353 75.3%

• Total voters

IIIIIIII

Case Bender
New User
Apr 15, 2020
Another lurker here!
Have also been following for a while, but never made and account because don't have anything useful to say.

I first felt kinda bend over when I read that active participants are getting priority. Then I realized "active participants are getting priority" . Which I actually thing is a cool thing you've done. There are a few members who've been really active. Good initiative :p

Maybe slim chance for v1.1, but maybe this post is my ticket for the batch after!

Looking forward to slapping some overclocked eggs and RGB flour in this case. (first timer)

(Now I go back being lurker again, booohoooo~).

Van0

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Mar 29, 2019
Great work with this case. Can't wait untill it can be shipped for EU countries. I'm for sure going to buy this one asap ! I have followed the threat for some time.
Still a little uncertain what cooling loop to go with. Really like the thought of a 240 custom loop. End result looks awesome. I'm fairly new to custom water cooling, and might need some guidens. The custom looped T1 builds i'v found at SFF.net most commonly both has CPU+GPU in their loop. I was thinking to do a CPU loop only, though it might be hard to obtain an ideal case airflow. i know AC makes their LT240 as recommended for the T1, but i don't like the look of it. I'm also aware the GPU can get fairly hot with air cooling, but i wont go Titan or anything in that caliber anyway.

The new EK 240mm AIO coming out soon looks likely to fit with a fan change to a slim fan and looks great IMO. I'd preorder one now if I knew if you could disassemble it to make a custom loop in the system for future mods

Reactions: Froqqy

greycap2k

Minimal Tinkerer
New User
Apr 15, 2020
Second month of lurking on this thread myself. I'll fill out the survey so that there is another entry, but I'm not expecting to get my hands on a T1 anytime soon. Besides, the P1 in a vertical configuration is my preferred option anyway, but since it's going to be a while for that I may not be able to resist if a T1 becomes available to me sooner.

FischOderAal

Average Stuffer
Apr 15, 2020
I'ts been a few weeks since I've been following this thread but I never said anything until now. Thanks for all the useful information that can be found here! My plan for this case is building a personal carry-on VFX workstation that will replace my laptop. I have no idea about hardware but my plan is building a ryzen setup with the 3900X/3950X and a RTX 2060/2070 SUPER, depends on my future post-corona budget.

My main concern about the build is cooling: I would rather avoid water cooling since I've never used it and I'm not sure if it would be problematic to put in a carry-on luggage on a plane, and considering one of the latest OT videos it should be kind of ok to build it with the Noctua L12S. But if I want to do a lot of CPU rendering it might be problematic and water cooling could (maybe?) be worth it.

Hope we can all get this case at some point :)

With Zen2 you want liquid cooling, believe me. I've got a 3700X and a Black Ridge with Noctua A9-14 in my Dan A4-SFX and it was driving me mad in idle. AMD's frequency scaling is so aggressive that you get temperature spikes and even with a late but aggressive fan curve it leads to constant ramping up and down of the fan. For now I am using a fixed frequency (downclocking still works luckily) to control it. But as soon as the LT240 arrives I'll move back to my NCase.

threestripevida

Airflow Optimizer
Mar 28, 2017
Yeh, we have 59.2mm of clearance from closest side of the GPU PCB to the inside of the mesh panel. This is in 3slot mode.

The morpheus is 44mm tall so in THEORY 15mm fans should work as that gets us to 59mm, i'm fairly confident 12s will if 15s dont for some reason. But i'm not looking to rebuild until later this year so I can't test it.

I'm very confident that a lt240 and a morpheus 2 would by far be the quietest and coolest build you can get near this volume, that why I want to test it. Well. Have someone else test it for me ;)

Found this old post that confirms the Morpheus 2 will not fit.

https://smallformfactor.net/forum/threads/formd-t1-sidearmd-cnc-aio-9-5l.9933/post-186896

Last edited:
Reactions: Bausa and aexeq

ManaNeko

Trash Compacter
Feb 24, 2020
been following this since Feb and didnt opt in for the test shipping because I didnt feel like I qualified, now I'm less qualified for not making an account then.
shout out to all the active members though, I've been checking this thread daily and learning from yall.
Could have been worse. I opted-in for the test shipping but my form vanished in the warp, eventhough I submitted after the first batch of replies went missing. Then I learned that I was the only candidate for my country...

pwnedundies

Cable-Tie Ninja
Jun 9, 2019
Found this old post that confirms the Morpheus 2 will not fit.
Yeh, we have 59.2mm of clearance from closest side of the GPU PCB to the inside of the mesh panel. This is in 3slot mode.

The morpheus is 44mm tall so in THEORY 15mm fans should work as that gets us to 59mm, i'm fairly confident 12s will if 15s dont for some reason. But i'm not looking to rebuild until later this year so I can't test it.

I'm very confident that a lt240 and a morpheus 2 would by far be the quietest and coolest build you can get near this volume, that why I want to test it. Well. Have someone else test it for me ;)
Yeah I totally forgot to mention. You when I saw the same thing earlier. Sorry about that.

threestripevida

Airflow Optimizer
Mar 28, 2017
Here is the list of links that should hopefully be helpful to some people that have missed a lot of info. The first half is disorganized and kind of a mess (I will go back and try and fix it). It is definitely not a comprehensive list for everything. I also may have missed somethings, but hopefully this helps people narrow down their search for any questions they may have. If there is anything huge that I missed, or something I should add let me know. It is not done yet (I need to go do some homework), so I will finish it later tonight.

I wanna thank @pwnedundies for helping with this and for giving some feedback on the list of information in the sheet.

aexeq

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Apr 7, 2020
I'ts been a few weeks since I've been following this thread but I never said anything until now. Thanks for all the useful information that can be found here! My plan for this case is building a personal carry-on VFX workstation that will replace my laptop. I have no idea about hardware but my plan is building a ryzen setup with the 3900X/3950X and a RTX 2060/2070 SUPER, depends on my future post-corona budget.

My main concern about the build is cooling: I would rather avoid water cooling since I've never used it and I'm not sure if it would be problematic to put in a carry-on luggage on a plane, and considering one of the latest OT videos it should be kind of ok to build it with the Noctua L12S. But if I want to do a lot of CPU rendering it might be problematic and water cooling could (maybe?) be worth it.

Hope we can all get this case at some point :)
Imo you have two options, both involve some dedication.
Either you do AiO or custom loop and get information about that and how plane traveling may work out, or you go for the L12S and dedicate some time into properly undervolting and fixed max clock speeds. Either way, for production a 3950x should be your goal, as those are of the best silicon quality AMD has to offer, so you get better thermal to performance ratio.
Also for thermals with Ryzen, I would suggest 3600Mhz Micron Rev.E "E-Die" RAM, so you get a rock solid 3600 RAM, thats light on the RAM controller.

pwnedundies

Cable-Tie Ninja
Jun 9, 2019
Here is the list of links that should hopefully be helpful to some people that have missed a lot of info. The first half is disorganized and kind of a mess (I will go back and try and fix it). It is definitely not a comprehensive list for everything. I also may have missed somethings, but hopefully this helps people narrow down their search for any questions they may have. If there is anything huge that I missed, or something I should add let me know. It is not done yet (I need to go do some homework), so I will finish it later tonight.

I wanna thank @pwnedundies for helping with this and for giving some feedback on the list of information in the sheet.
I didn't do anything. It was definitely all you. It looks great. Trying to comb through 277 pages is a job and every time something about production and shipping get posted at least 10 pages get created with some useful info scattered in. I'll keep combing too to see if I find anything really useful but you really nailed this!!

hetvler

Cable-Tie Ninja
Aug 13, 2019

Navic

Master of Cramming
Jan 6, 2019
I've taken my Ghost S1 with a Kraken X52 AIO, and there were zero problems going through security, they didn't even have to manually check my PC. For context, this was about a month ago.
Here's what I say: for something that is going to be a carry on, I think an AIO would be best, because it's the most reliable form of liquid cooling possible. I wouldn't be comfortable taking a custom loop in a carry on, but then again I'm not really comfortable with custom cooling lol. A really good air cooler and some manual tuning with the 3950x would be the safest option you have, IMO.

Reactions: fabio

cinnix

Minimal Tinkerer
New User
Jan 5, 2020
The pain of being a lurker. I aim for the T1 to be my "foot throught the door" of the SFF community. Felt I had little to contribute before then.

Back of the queue then I suppose (I'm British, we're used to queuing :) )

kazuma86

Airflow Optimizer
Jan 12, 2020

Nice bro, already bookmarks for my build. Since my hand is not steady, i will ask my friend to help me and your bookmarks page help him a lot.

redzr9

Cable Smoosher
Apr 8, 2020
Can't wait for this to be officially released. Sad i only found out about this case and can't be part of the early adopters..