Production FormD T1 Classic (READ FIRST POST)

Increase volume from 9.8L to 10.5L to support MSI Suprim X 30XX?

• Yes, worth the trade off to be more compatible with components

Votes: 116 24.7%
  • No, not worth it b/c it is not better than the ROG 30XX, which fits now at <10L

Votes: 353 75.3%

• Total voters

pwnedundies

Cable-Tie Ninja
Jun 9, 2019
I think there was one post stating, that the Morpheus won't fit with 15mm fans.
In the post was also an estimated measurement of how much thinner it would need to be, I don't remember it tho.
it was @Wahaha360. @hetvler they believe the 15mm fans didn't fit by 5mm so it's likely the 12mm fans won't fit but it never hurts you to try.

Last edited:
Reactions: threestripevida

Kuzan

Average Stuffer
Oct 15, 2018
Infinity Distro Plate

A cool idea of @Wahaha360

What do you guys think?

Damn, looks amazin. Too bad I am not into distro plates yet, but this one looks pretty dope. Actually I have been thinking for long time to mod my first SFF PC with an infinity mirror.

2020-04-15 Update: T1 Reserve Survey

Due to the supply limitation of the T1, we are considering a reserve for people that have followed the project for a long time. So this survey is for collecting information to help us identify seniority, which helps me determine how much inventory to hold for senior followers.

Since it's mentioned again, do you have any news on the hardline tubing? I am not too much into watercooling, which CPU blocks will it support? Also, while we are at it, what's the meaning of the Black L12S Air Cooler - first time reading about it.

notbitcoin

Average Stuffer
Aug 3, 2019
I was going to buy from there but the reviews of the site online were not favorable. It would be nice if anyone from here could recommend that site.
grooves.land is fine, I ordered my LT240 from there when they had inventory on-hand last year (also previously purchased an Alpenfohn Atlas from them). They shipped it next business day from Germany and it arrived a couple days after that to Texas via UPS Worldwide Saver (this was the free shipping option). You can probably find a $5/$10/10% off coupon somewhere to knock the price down a little as well.

Reactions: pwnedundies

jvarg

Chassis Packer
Jul 2, 2019

Due to the supply limitation of the T1, we are considering a reserve for people that have followed the project for a long time. So this survey is for collecting information to help us identify seniority, which helps me determine how much inventory to hold for senior followers.

Happy to see the community to get another chance at buying a T1. Unfortunately, just like last time, I’ve had an account since June of 2019, when I first saw the case on OT’s channel, but only lurked and had the courage to post when the test shipping lottery was announced. Crossing my fingers, and wishing everyone the best of luck, 276 pages later!

Reactions: DrHudacris

gwertheim

King of Cable Management
Nov 27, 2017
I don't remember seeing pricing mentioned anywhere for the distro plate, which is understandable since it's only in a concept phase.

But, could anyone with more experience in watercooling components, provide me with an estimate of what the distroplate might cost?

50€, 100€? I have no idea ?

It's still being designed so we'll see

DrHudacris

King of Cable Management
Jul 20, 2019
How thick are the tubes on the H60 if you wouldn’t mind me asking? Those dimms are 45mm tall leaving me with round about 5-6 mm clearance.

Keep in mind, DIMMs sit closer to the motherboard PCB surface by 5mm compared to a CPU cooler. So really you have closer to 10-11mm

Reactions: fabio

retrotics

Efficiency Noob
Mar 8, 2020
Posting to show my face, too bad it wasn't earlier! Been admiring the T1 since OptimumTech's first video, dethroned the Ghost S1 as my dream case. Love your work!

DrHudacris

King of Cable Management
Jul 20, 2019
I don't remember seeing pricing mentioned anywhere for the distro plate, which is understandable since it's only in a concept phase.

But, could anyone with more experience in watercooling components, provide me with an estimate of what the distroplate might cost?

50€, 100€? I have no idea ?

Here's a universal one that's $75 USD. The one @Wahaha360 is designing is multilevel as well (channels on different planes) which I don't think has been done before. I expect more than a universal distro for sure.

threestripevida

Airflow Optimizer
Mar 28, 2017
Does anyone have any plans on using the one, or both, of the holes at the back of the case for watercooling? I know Wahaha mentioned that it can be used for being able to fill the loop/ drain it, but I haven't seen anyone mention that they would use it.

MisterJester

Caliper Novice
Apr 15, 2020
Wow I wake up and there's like 10 new pages of posts... I guess I just shouldn't sleep lol

You're gonna have a hard time getting that H60 in there in 3 slot mode with that RAM. I have basically the same build you have, and I had to run the tubes of my AIO over the RAM to make it fit. If I was you, I'd get some corsair LPX RAM, so you have room for the tubes. You might be able to make it fit with that taller RAM, but I wouldn't bet on it. Better safe than sorry in these small builds.
I switched to the Crucial Ballistix RGB instead. They measure the same height as the Corsairs you mentioned.

Navic

Master of Cramming
Jan 6, 2019
How thick are the tubes on the H60 if you wouldn’t mind me asking? Those dimms are 45mm tall leaving me with round about 5-6 mm clearance.
They're about 1MM thick from what I could tell, but I don't have a caliper to actually confirm it. I've included some pictures so you can get an idea of how I routed the tubes, and you could probably route them differently if you don't flip the PSU because the bracket forces them to go in a certain way in order to fit.

Reactions: MisterJester

Cronos83

Average Stuffer
Mar 13, 2020
Does anyone have any plans on using the one, or both, of the holes at the back of the case for watercooling?

I'm not sure yet. I might give it a try or I'll use that G1/4 slot pass-through from watercool:

That should fit with a single slot GPU block and might be easier to work with (tube routing wise). So 240 rad inside plus external Mora 3 with quick connect would be perfect...

But.. for that I need the case first to see what actually can be done and what ain't gonna fit...

threestripevida

Airflow Optimizer
Mar 28, 2017
I'm not sure yet. I might give it a try or I'll use that G1/4 slot pass-through from watercool:

That should fit with a single slot GPU block and might be easier to work with (tube routing wise). So 240 rad inside plus external Mora 3 with quick connect would be perfect...

But.. for that I need the case first to see what actually can be done and what ain't gonna fit...

Hmm that would be interesting. If I can get my hands on the case on this second batch I will only have the CPU on the loop. but having that drain/ fill port will make things a lot easier when I add the GPU in there.

Reactions: Cronos83

hetvler

Cable-Tie Ninja
Aug 13, 2019
I’m reading back through everything again. Some people have said the Accelero 3 will fit with slim fans, but nothing about the Morpheus.
I think there was one post stating, that the Morpheus won't fit with 15mm fans.
In the post was also an estimated measurement of how much thinner it would need to be, I don't remember it tho.
it was @Wahaha360. @hetvler they believe the 15mm fans didn't fit by 5mm so it's likely the 12mm fans won't fit but it never hurts you to try.

Yeh, we have 59.2mm of clearance from closest side of the GPU PCB to the inside of the mesh panel. This is in 3slot mode.

The morpheus is 44mm tall so in THEORY 15mm fans should work as that gets us to 59mm, i'm fairly confident 12s will if 15s dont for some reason. But i'm not looking to rebuild until later this year so I can't test it.

I'm very confident that a lt240 and a morpheus 2 would by far be the quietest and coolest build you can get near this volume, that why I want to test it. Well. Have someone else test it for me ;)

Last edited:
Reactions: Sh0ckwaveFlash

carlosjtacon

Efficiency Noob
Mar 9, 2020

I'ts been a few weeks since I've been following this thread but I never said anything until now. Thanks for all the useful information that can be found here! My plan for this case is building a personal carry-on VFX workstation that will replace my laptop. I have no idea about hardware but my plan is building a ryzen setup with the 3900X/3950X and a RTX 2060/2070 SUPER, depends on my future post-corona budget.

My main concern about the build is cooling: I would rather avoid water cooling since I've never used it and I'm not sure if it would be problematic to put in a carry-on luggage on a plane, and considering one of the latest OT videos it should be kind of ok to build it with the Noctua L12S. But if I want to do a lot of CPU rendering it might be problematic and water cooling could (maybe?) be worth it.

Hope we can all get this case at some point :)