Production FormD T1 Classic (READ FIRST POST)

Increase volume from 9.8L to 10.5L to support MSI Suprim X 30XX?

• Yes, worth the trade off to be more compatible with components

Votes: 116 24.7%
  • No, not worth it b/c it is not better than the ROG 30XX, which fits now at <10L

Votes: 353 75.3%

• Total voters

Navic

Master of Cramming
Jan 6, 2019
I think you’re the first one brave enough to cut into the case. I don’t think I could do it ?
I didn't want to, and it hurt doing it, but it was the only way without waiting a month to get a slim fan. The system is back together and working though! My "power button" that's really a reset button from a fractal design case I had lying around broke though, so now I'm just touching two wires together

Here are some pictures!

PBJ

Airflow Optimizer
Jan 6, 2019
I didn't want to, and it hurt doing it, but it was the only way without waiting a month to get a slim fan. The system is back together and working though! My "power button" that's really a reset button from a fractal design case I had lying around broke though, so now I'm just touching two wires together

Here are some pictures!
Gotta say, looks pretty tidy. It’s gonna look great when you get the custom cables, although you hid the stock ones really well.

DrHudacris

King of Cable Management
Jul 20, 2019

Here are some pictures!

I'm gonna go ahead and give you mad props for this. You literally origami-ed that PSU extension into place. I imagine you had to maneuver the extension around the tubes and plug it in place with one hand while the PSU sort of balancing with the other hand?

IT FITS!! BTW, tried the fan as intake, and they are pretty bad. The Chipset and the NVME get very warm, as the bottom of the case as well. I will try to flip the fan tomorrow!

View attachment 529

I was so hoping you could get this done! Even though DCLT is adequate, I have noticed a few degrees coolant temp difference between running a DCLT at 100% PWM vs 80%. So I imagine a DDC would be a huge difference.

Navic

Master of Cramming
Jan 6, 2019
I'm gonna go ahead and give you mad props for this. You literally origami-ed that PSU extension into place. I imagine you had to maneuver the extension around the tubes and plug it in place with one hand while the PSU sort of balancing with the other hand?
I had the extension zip tied to the bracket and was kinda using my hand to get it mostly in place, then I used that hand to move the tubes into place, then I screwed in the PSU. Sounds difficult, but it was actually kinda easy.

Reactions: fabio

fabio

Shrink Ray Wielder
Apr 6, 2016

I was so hoping you could get this done! Even though DCLT is adequate, I have noticed a few degrees coolant temp difference between running a DCLT at 100% PWM vs 80%. So I imagine a DDC would be a huge difference.
This is what I want to double check! This is a low power DDC, is only 6W against the 18W of the classic one. But still, It has a flow of 500l/h and an head pressure of 2.6m, completely other numbers compared to the DC-LT.

Jmatts94

Case Bender
New User
Apr 4, 2020
Hi names jacob.

Love the case been following fir a while. Recently seen a youtube review and its threw a spanner in my works Haha. I wanted the NZXT h1 case but seeing the revised versions of this my mind has been made.

If there is anyway to get one to the uk, even a test unit i would be greatly appreciative. I've wanted to downsize my pc for a while as I travel to and from seeing my daughter.

Thanks very much

Jacob
Jmatts94@gmail.com

Reactions: kazuma86

gwertheim

King of Cable Management
Nov 27, 2017
Hi names jacob.

Love the case been following fir a while. Recently seen a youtube review and its threw a spanner in my works Haha. I wanted the NZXT h1 case but seeing the revised versions of this my mind has been made.

If there is anyway to get one to the uk, even a test unit i would be greatly appreciative. I've wanted to downsize my pc for a while as I travel to and from seeing my daughter.

Thanks very much

Jacob
Jmatts94@gmail.com

Right now your not traveling anywhere sadly.

In terms of getting a case, the plague is slowing everything down. It's going to be a while til China starts back up and gets the backlog of manufacturing finished.

DrHudacris

King of Cable Management
Jul 20, 2019
This is what I want to double check! This is a low power DDC, is only 6W against the 18W of the classic one. But still, It has a flow of 500l/h and an head pressure of 2.6m, completely other numbers compared to the DC-LT.

Please let us know your results! I have an Alphacool DDC which is 10 watt. I will be rewiring it to use on my motherboard!

Reactions: pwnedundies

fabio

Shrink Ray Wielder
Apr 6, 2016
Please let us know your results! I have an Alphacool DDC which is 10 watt. I will be rewiring it to use on my motherboard!
SO, just finished a few tests, the same did for the DC-LT.

The CPU under Blender Benchmark scene run 2/3 Degrees cooler, with 1 degrees higher regarding the Ambient Temperature (28C).
The pump was running between 60% and 100%.

BUT the GPU, is 5/6 degrees less hot under Heaven Stress Test! That was a really nice surprise.

Next time, I will try the 18W rewired, the Gigabyte X570 has the fan headers providing 2A, so should be fine!

Gerold

Cable-Tie Ninja
Mar 19, 2020
www.instagram.com
Reactions: theexplainer

theexplainer

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Jul 30, 2018
Only thing I found is this:
Although it's not as aesthetically pleasing than the other one :D
EDIT: never mind, it's got the wrong plug...
Thanks, I found this one on the shops website:

damn, just saw the price of that, I don't think I'm ready to play 60$+shipping just to downsize my antenna o_O

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: DrHudacris

fabio

Shrink Ray Wielder
Apr 6, 2016
One more space optimisation tip!

The Aorus X570 has space between the panel and the SSD/Chipset Heatsink, to have a slim 92mm fan if you want to have additional intake for the chipset (I have to admit though that the Gigabyte chipset are less warm than the Asus X570 Strix, and a lot of time the small fan doesn't spin).

You only need one GPU Fan Mini 4 Pin to PMW adapter like the EKWB one or the Gelid.

In my case I've removed the stock chipset cooler, put on the SSD an EKWB M.2 heatsink, and I was able to place the A9 25mm Chromax!

The chipset reach MAX 70 degrees under load, the VRM MAX 65 Degrees, and the SSD stay at around 56 C!

It stay very solid between the bottom panel and the riser! :)

NOW all the space is used! :D
IMG_2492.jpg
IMG_2493.jpg

Jmatts94

Case Bender
New User
Apr 4, 2020
Right now your not traveling anywhere sadly.

In terms of getting a case, the plague is slowing everything down. It's going to be a while til China starts back up and gets the backlog of manufacturing finished.
That's is true, I know of some local manufacturers here in the UK. Would it be a plan to try and get say 50 unit made and shipped to people in Europe and America ?

Thanks again,

This pandemic has hit alot of companies hard.

PBJ

Airflow Optimizer
Jan 6, 2019
One more space optimisation tip!

The Aorus X570 has space between the panel and the SSD/Chipset Heatsink, to have a slim 92mm fan if you want to have additional intake for the chipset (I have to admit though that the Gigabyte chipset are less warm than the Asus X570 Strix, and a lot of time the small fan doesn't spin).

You only need one GPU Fan Mini 4 Pin to PMW adapter like the EKWB one or the Gelid.

In my case I've removed the stock chipset cooler, put on the SSD an EKWB M.2 heatsink, and I was able to place the A9 25mm Chromax!

The chipset reach MAX 70 degrees under load, the VRM MAX 65 Degrees, and the SSD stay at around 56 C!

It stay very solid between the bottom panel and the riser! :)

NOW all the space is used! :D
View attachment 532
View attachment 533
You missed a spot there, there’s still space! Just joking, looks inspiring!

Although, I wouldn’t do it for my build, one could probably fit a 120mm fan with the 2 slot configuration!