Production FormD T1 Classic (READ FIRST POST)

Increase volume from 9.8L to 10.5L to support MSI Suprim X 30XX?

• Yes, worth the trade off to be more compatible with components

Votes: 116 24.7%
  • No, not worth it b/c it is not better than the ROG 30XX, which fits now at <10L

Votes: 353 75.3%

• Total voters

Gerold

Cable-Tie Ninja
Mar 19, 2020
www.instagram.com

forestpatrol

Caliper Novice
Feb 6, 2020
I am hoping some people that are more experienced with watercooling can confirm some things for me before I start buying some parts.

A couple of pages back the general consensus was that 11/8mm tubing was the best for the T1. Non PVC tubing was also a requirement, unless you wanted some of the plastic in the tubing to come off eventually. I am looking at this tubing that @fabio linked a few pages back. As long as I use 1/4" fittings I should be good to go with my LT240 pump block and rad, correct? Are there any companies that I should be cautious of when it comes to watercooling parts? Any other things I might need that are easy to forget when building a loop?
Are you adding a gpu block to the lt240? Curious why you are getting new fittings if you are using 11/8 tubing. That the size of the stock tubing correct? I want to swap the stock tubing on mine out without changing fittings but I'm confused on what to get.

threestripevida

Airflow Optimizer
Mar 28, 2017
Are you adding a gpu block to the lt240? Curious why you are getting new fittings if you are using 11/8 tubing. That the size of the stock tubing correct? I want to swap the stock tubing on mine out without changing fittings but I'm confused on what to get.

I’ll be getting the same size tubing, but I’ll need different ones for the pump/block for it to work with my parts. I’ll be using tall ram in the 3slot configuration, so I’ll need to copy Floris and have my tubes going down. I should be okay with the stock fittings on the rad. I won’t be adding a gpu loop right now though. Just the cpu.

If it makes you feel better I’m confused about the fitting sizing since it seems fittings for 11/8 tubing is hard to find.

Brude27

Master of Cramming
Jun 21, 2018
Ah, miss everything, sorry for this..

Don’t worry, the first post needs to be linked around 5 times a day. ;)

To everyone that is doing custom loops, or putting in a 240 rad, or putting in two fucking graphics cards, I commend you. I think this is as far as I will go

Just remember that it isn’t about what everyone else is doing, but that you have fun while YOU are doing it! You got this!

itsmichael

Trash Compacter
Jan 26, 2020
Before I had heard of PSlate, someone recommended WinKool on AliExpress, I can only speak of my experience but the cables they sent me have been great and work well in the T1.
Does anyone know how many cables would be needed at which length? This guy's page on AliExpress actually looks really nice.

Last edited:

fabio

Shrink Ray Wielder
Apr 6, 2016
Last edited:

Navic

Master of Cramming
Jan 6, 2019
So I "finished" the build. I'm gonna need to change the case the 2-slot GPU mode instead of the 3 slot mode because of the cables. When I get custom cables I'll move it back to three slot.

The reason I'm keeping it like this (for now) is because I need to do some school work. After that's done I'll finish the build properly and give some thermal comparisons between the T1 with a 120mm aio and the ghost with a 240mm aio.

Right now I recommend getting a Corsair PSU with the premium cables as those will be able to be managed more easily than EVGAs stock cables.

I'll post more thoughts later.

fabio

Shrink Ray Wielder
Apr 6, 2016
So I "finished" the build. I'm gonna need to change the case the 2-slot GPU mode instead of the 3 slot mode because of the cables. When I get custom cables I'll move it back to three slot.

The reason I'm keeping it like this (for now) is because I need to do some school work. After that's done I'll finish the build properly and give some thermal comparisons between the T1 with a 120mm aio and the ghost with a 240mm aio.

You see? Is almost done! I think that with your configuration and cables, it will be better for you to rotate the PSU 180 degrees! So you can leave the cable on the bottom part and you will have space to pass the 24pin cable near the PSU and the Motherboard like is shown in the first page of this thread. (The coloured 2 pictures showing the 240 LT in place). ;)

Navic

Master of Cramming
Jan 6, 2019
You see? Is almost done! I think that with your configuration and cables, it will be better for you to rotate the PSU 180 degrees! So you can leave the cable on the bottom part and you will have space to pass the 24pin cable near the PSU and the Motherboard like is shown in the first page of this thread. (The coloured 2 pictures showing the 240 LT in place). ;)
I tried to rotate the PSU 180 degrees, but then it interfered with the tubes on the AIO, and I couldn't find a way to move them out of the way so I could do that. I Might try to do that when I eventually take it all apart again lol