Production FormD T1 Classic (READ FIRST POST)

Increase volume from 9.8L to 10.5L to support MSI Suprim X 30XX?

• Yes, worth the trade off to be more compatible with components

Votes: 116 24.7%
  • No, not worth it b/c it is not better than the ROG 30XX, which fits now at <10L

Votes: 353 75.3%

• Total voters

Metroversal

Cable-Tie Ninja
Dec 5, 2017
? Finally an update! Case is in customs. #itshappening

My mini-ITX system is cursed. The Ghost S1 was damaged during delivery and the T1 will travel around a bit, since the post office is claiming my address is wrong and is sending it somewhere... I emailed them yesterday right after the tracking gave me the bad news.
I feel your pain buddy, patience is a virtue. Hope you'll receive yours soon!

PBJ

Airflow Optimizer
Jan 6, 2019
My mini-ITX system is cursed. The Ghost S1 was damaged during delivery and the T1 will travel around a bit, since the post office is claiming my address is wrong and is sending it somewhere... I emailed them yesterday right after the tracking gave me the bad news.
I hope you get yours soon. Mine arrived this morning and had been in transit quite a while, but glad to say the shipping box was in good condition and the T1 box even better!

The flat pack will further prevent damage to the parts, so that was a great idea. I hope that this at least eases your mind a bit.

Edit: @Metroversal Happy the wait is nearly over for you!

Roen

Trash Compacter
Feb 20, 2018
For cooling performance, is it advised to go with the LT240 + 25mm + 15mm or the ST30 + 2 x 15mm? Trying to figure out if a bigger fan will cool better or a thicker radiator.

DrHudacris

King of Cable Management
Jul 20, 2019
But @Wahaha360 never tested the ST30....hence why I'm asking.

Optimumtech runs an ST30 with 2 slim fans. I don't think any singular source or review have comparative data between LT240 and ST30. You will have to extrapolate with the info already out there. In this instance, @Wahaha360 ran a 240 watt 9900k on an LT240 and optimumtech ran 9900ks and 2080ti together on an ST30.

PBJ

Airflow Optimizer
Jan 6, 2019
Yeah, I know but if I had to take a guess, the ST30 will give you some performance gains since it’s a low fin radiator (good for slim fans) but I don’t expect it to be too much. In my opinion, it’s not worth the trade off, since the Lt240 will fit much better.

I can’t say beyond that, but maybe someone has both and will test them at some point.

Wahaha360

a.k.a W360
Original poster
SFFLAB
NCASE
SSUPD
Feb 23, 2015

Optimumtech runs an ST30 with 2 slim fans. I don't think any singular source or review have comparative data between LT240 and ST30. You will have to extrapolate with the info already out there. In this instance, @Wahaha360 ran a 240 watt 9900k on an LT240 and optimumtech ran 9900ks and 2080ti together on an ST30.

Yeah, I know but if I had to take a guess, the ST30 will give you some performance gains since it’s a low fin radiator (good for slim fans) but I don’t expect it to be too much. In my opinion, it’s not worth the trade off, since the Lt240 will fit much better.

I can’t say beyond that, but maybe someone has both and will test them at some point.

The actual fin core of the ST30 is almost the same thickness as the LT240, I think it was 1-2mm of difference when I measured it.

I *suspect Alphacool is using the same water tubes for both LT240 and ST30 to save costs, with the Fin core being so similar, I suspect the LT240 setup is going to outperform due to the thicker and *better sterrox fan at 25mm thick.

posure

Trash Compacter
Feb 14, 2020
Glad to see more and more cases arriving, especially those in the US. I’ve been obsessed with reloading this thread constantly hoping for updates so that I can order one. ?

Cronos83

Average Stuffer
Mar 13, 2020
I can't wait to try whether a Hardwarelabs Black Ice Nemesis LS240 OEM is going to fit :)

27mm thick, 120mm wide, paired with Noctua slim fans.

Last edited:

Cronos83

Average Stuffer
Mar 13, 2020
Ps.: The Black Ice only has 16 FPI (optimized for low rpm/low pressure), should work out pretty good with the slim fans.

Vaux

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Mar 12, 2018
Anyone knows the purpose of these screws and black rubber pads?

Long screw can be used for the PSU mount (it's exactly the length of the central beam), and for securing the top and bottom panel (I used medium screw for the top since I ddin't have enough long screws for it)

Reactions: fabio and PBJ

DrHudacris

King of Cable Management
Jul 20, 2019
Anyone knows the purpose of these screws and black rubber pads?

The thumb screws can also be used for securing too and bottom panel. I used the long screws for any structural component that had a deep enough thread.

No idea about black rubber pads, though.

Reactions: PBJ

panzermuffin

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Jun 9, 2018
I hope you get yours soon. Mine arrived this morning and had been in transit quite a while, but glad to say the shipping box was in good condition and the T1 box even better!

The flat pack will further prevent damage to the parts, so that was a great idea. I hope that this at least eases your mind a bit.

Edit: @Metroversal Happy the wait is nearly over for you!

I'm somehow extra happy for you. Glad the package finally arrived! Have fun!

Reactions: DrHudacris and PBJ

panzermuffin

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Jun 9, 2018