Production FormD T1 Classic (READ FIRST POST)

Increase volume from 9.8L to 10.5L to support MSI Suprim X 30XX?

• Yes, worth the trade off to be more compatible with components

Votes: 116 24.7%
  • No, not worth it b/c it is not better than the ROG 30XX, which fits now at <10L

Votes: 353 75.3%

• Total voters

Proflucifer

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Feb 13, 2020
Started purchasing bits and pieces and parting out my ATX system in preparation of getting the T1. Worst case scenario if I miss out on I'll buy an SG13 for the meantime.

- X570i Strix
- Fractal Kelin T12 (Fractal rebrand of LT120). Wanted the LT240 but impossible to get in Australia and with the AUD crashing even further it was going to be like 3 billion dollars to import. I'll be using my 2700x which the T12 will handle just fine. And upgrade to a 240mm rad like the TX240 (it will fit) with slim fans in a year or so when 16core AM4 cost peanuts used haha.

Last piece I need is the power supply. Everything else is coming from my ATX build. Getting exciting now.

The apogee is more than powerful enough and the LT would suffice if you arent running a gpu loop also. I am loving the distro plate idea. I am kind of surprised there arent more pump/block combos on the market. Perhaps that will change now that SFF is starting to go mainstream.
Isnt the fractal design Celsius also using standard fittings so that is also an option but then you'd have to buy another radiator to fit.

panzermuffin

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Jun 9, 2018
Started purchasing bits and pieces and parting out my ATX system in preparation of getting the T1. Worst case scenario if I miss out on I'll buy an SG13 for the meantime.

- X570i Strix
- Fractal Kelin T12 (Fractal rebrand of LT120). Wanted the LT240 but impossible to get in Australia and with the AUD crashing even further it was going to be like 3 billion dollars to import. I'll be using my 2700x which the T12 will handle just fine. And upgrade to a 240mm rad like the TX240 (it will fit) with slim fans in a year or so when 16core AM4 cost peanuts used haha.

Last piece I need is the power supply. Everything else is coming from my ATX build. Getting exciting now.

The apogee is more than powerful enough and the LT would suffice if you arent running a gpu loop also. I am loving the distro plate idea. I am kind of surprised there arent more pump/block combos on the market. Perhaps that will change now that SFF is starting to go mainstream.

Didnt Optimum Tech use the LT pump for CPU and GPU?

Also sorry for bringing this up again: I’m still deciding which CPU-cooler and Mainboard to get. Right now I’m considering the LT240 Eisbaer with secufirm 2 and Aorus X570 I. Alternatively the Aorus and L12S until Wahaha finishes his CPU cooler.

Any thoughts?

Proflucifer

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Feb 13, 2020
Is there any way to remove the alphacool mounting bracket? I already put it on and apparently it sucks so I want to change it

DrHudacris

King of Cable Management
Jul 20, 2019

Oooh, I found out about a new pump block that hasn't been mentioned, but I'm not telling what it is. :)

Ok ok! It's Eisbaer GPX Pro Solo. That's right, a GPU pump/block! I have no idea what pump it uses and could not find decent reviews, but looks like the same pump that the Eiswolf series uses.

Reactions: pwnedundies

SSJ4

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Feb 10, 2020
www.ospreygaming.com.au
Isnt the fractal design Celsius also using standard fittings so that is also an option but then you'd have to buy another radiator to fit.
Yeh I have seen that. But I couldnt find much info on it. So decided that I would go with what everyone else was going with so I had others to bounce off of.
Didnt Optimum Tech use the LT pump for CPU and GPU?

Also sorry for bringing this up again: I’m still deciding which CPU-cooler and Mainboard to get. Right now I’m considering the LT240 Eisbaer with secufirm 2 and Aorus X570 I. Alternatively the Aorus and L12S until Wahaha finishes his CPU cooler.

Any thoughts?
Yeh he has a full loop. Very cool build.

If the LT240 is readily available its worth the purchase for sure. Really good rad and a pump block you know will work.
Oooh, I found out about a new pump block that hasn't been mentioned, but I'm not telling what it is. :)

Ok ok! It's Eisbaer GPX Pro Solo. That's right, a GPU pump/block! I have no idea what pump it uses and could not find decent reviews, but looks like the same pump that the Eiswolf series uses.
Quit baiting us and reveal the deets lol.

Reactions: DrHudacris

Amathophobia

Caliper Novice
Mar 9, 2020

That and and the lt240 is exactly what I planned on using. Depending on what graphics card you have you can get just the block/pump combo. Just gotta provide some custom lines and fittings and you should be good. If you aren't lucky enough to have just your gpu block available you're looking at over $300usd before extra tubing and fittings. Which is getting close to might as well went full custom loop territory. Here's to hoping my 8700k and 2080 don't overwhelm that radiator in the first place.

panzermuffin

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Jun 9, 2018
Yeh he has a full loop. Very cool build.

If the LT240 is readily available its worth the purchase for sure. Really good rad and a pump block you know will work.

Neat. What is the consensus about safely mounting this thing? I read several posts in this thread about this problem. Does the SecuFirm2 fix this?

My thinking is: I'd need to buy the LT240 either way because of the rad. But if the CPU-Pump-Block is a problem I'd wait for @Wahaha360 solution. Until then I'd use the L12S which would be 50€ down the drain in the long run because a custom loop is the target.

fabio

Shrink Ray Wielder
Apr 6, 2016
Here how I planned the T1 build! (Temporary in a Ghost, and will be flipped 180 degrees of course).

The Alphacool 40 DC-LT is more silent than the Eisbaer LT Solo, though.

When the case arrives I will try to put a DDC pump as well, but no problem so far with the small DC-LT at 80% fixed speed!

Brude27

Master of Cramming
Jun 21, 2018
Here how I planned the T1 build! (Temporary in a Ghost, and will be flipped 180 degrees of course).

When the case arrives I will try to put a DDC pump as well, but no problem so far with the small DC-LT at 80% fixed speed!

It looks beautiful, my dude! I’ll look forward to seeing it in the T1! :)

Reactions: PBJ

Amathophobia

Caliper Novice
Mar 9, 2020

Very clean. What hardware are you using there?

Vaux

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Mar 12, 2018

Now the complicated bit, fitting the LT240...
(and I still have to figure out how to fix the rad^^)

Proflucifer

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Feb 13, 2020
I think alphacool is redesigning the mounting brackets for their coolers. I was on the alphacool forum trying to figure out how to take if the bracket and on a post from some random dude an alphacool guy said that in the near future they are going to change the design of the bracket.