Production FormD T1 Classic (READ FIRST POST)

Increase volume from 9.8L to 10.5L to support MSI Suprim X 30XX?

• Yes, worth the trade off to be more compatible with components

Votes: 116 24.7%
  • No, not worth it b/c it is not better than the ROG 30XX, which fits now at <10L

Votes: 353 75.3%

• Total voters

arthasdklol

Trash Compacter
Nov 14, 2019
No sign from mine o_O

EDIT, from the 11th of February ,from my local post service in Denmark, everything is delayed from China ... I have to forget my case then...

BUT, good news!!! I've downgraded the BIOS of the X570 Strix, and now the temps are so much better!!

Also, tried the Optimus Cooling Foundation in "goofy" orientation, to match my Velocity, and the temp are basically the same.

BUT, even if is a way more restrictive block, the tiny DC-LT have no problem to move water in the loop! Tested putting a flow meter just before the pump, in the most tricky point, and it spins quickly!

Added in the loop also a water temp sensor integrated in the fittings just after the radiator, to check the water temp before going inside the CPU block.

Under full load, CPU+GPU reach the 42 degrees.

End of the week I try the new EK Magnitude!

Are these the temps with the setup you shown before? (both CPU and GPU with the same radiator, looked like 30mm? just eyeballing the thin fans)

fabio

Shrink Ray Wielder
Apr 6, 2016
Are these the temps with the setup you shown before? (both CPU and GPU with the same radiator, looked like 30mm? just eyeballing the thin fans)
Exactly this setup. Titan V and 3900X with VCore offset of -0.1. The radiator is 27mm.

arthasdklol

Trash Compacter
Nov 14, 2019
Exactly this setup. Titan V and 3900X with VCore offset of -0.1. The radiator is 27mm.
Ah OK, any chance I could get you to post a link to the rad? I'm kind of looking forward to some crazy "extra external rad" loop, but that might not be even needed if the temps are like yours...

SSJ4

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Feb 10, 2020
www.ospreygaming.com.au
I have the lt240 installed with noctua backplate on my asrock x570 board. I have a post a while back about it in this thread. It's pretty easy to use. Just use all of the noctua hardware as instructed, except the cross members obviously. I don't know if it's the combo in general or a quirk of the 115x mounting on AM4 but the backplate posts are juuust barely long enough to catch. Mounting pressure is hard to judge because of that.
Could you please post some photos of exactly how you are using the hardware? Having a hard time visualizing what you have done.

Is this how you did it? (Apologies for my Sniptool drawing I am actually a very good drawer IRL lol)

Or is it like this? Or am I visualizing this completely wrong.

Also I am guessing its this funky screw and nut setup is the issue?

fabio

Shrink Ray Wielder
Apr 6, 2016
Youre Still bench testing right? Id love to hear how mounting and clearance is with that radiator :)
Well, I don't have the case yet, so no choice! It is stacked somewhere because of the COVID-19. I'll try to put everything in a Louqe Ghost for now to check the temp INSIDE a case with this setup. (Or using a B450, but is the same)

Proflucifer

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Feb 13, 2020
I've never had water cooling before. I just want check. Is it normal for the radiator to look brownish in the middle. The radiator is black but some parts of it look brown.

DrHudacris

King of Cable Management
Jul 20, 2019
I've never had water cooling before. I just want check. Is it normal for the radiator to look brownish in the middle. The radiator is black but some parts of it look brown.

Is it an alphacool radiator? The paint from one angle so one side of the fins are still the copper brown.

Proflucifer

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Feb 13, 2020
Is it an alphacool radiator? The paint from one angle so one side of the fins are still the copper brown.
Yes. Thanks. Also, do you know what type of screw I have to buy to get 15mm fans to fit on the radiator? The box comes with screws designed for 25mm fans.

Proflucifer

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Feb 13, 2020
You need 20mm M3 screws!
Thanks. I feel like I asked that before so sorry if I asked again. Also, is the x570i aorus good? I bought a strix mobo in a combo deal but the mobo broke when trying to get the lt240 on and they refunded the money it cost in to of the CPU for the mobo. Now I don't have enough to buy another strix and correct me if I wrong but the strix doesn't support the cryorig c7 and the aorus does. I just want support for low profile coolers in case I not get this case. (Fractal design says they're releasing a small case on the 18th.

paulesko

Master of Cramming
Jul 31, 2019
I have the x570 with a 3950x and it´s perfectly fine. The monly two things I think is a bit bad it´s at vdroop ( 1.33v at idle and 1.25v under load even compensationg the VRM vdroop in bios) and also the weird fact that it can´t handle the noctuas nf-a 12x25 in PWM mode, it works only in voltage mode (and the fans don´t go under 850 rpm on that mode). The problem in pwm is that from time to time one or two of the fans don´t start.... I don´t know why. It works fine with gentle typhoons and 12x15 noctuas that I have here...

Proflucifer

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Feb 13, 2020
How will the ordering work eventually? Is it whoever first signed up on the website will be able to buy the case or is it directly first come first serve? If it's whoever first signed up I doubt I'll be able to get this case any time in the near future and I'll probably have to buy a different case :(

Reactions: peaksix and drdaz

Amathophobia

Caliper Novice
Mar 9, 2020
How will the ordering work eventually? Is it whoever first signed up on the website will be able to buy the case or is it directly first come first serve? If it's whoever first signed up I doubt I'll be able to get this case any time in the near future and I'll probably have to buy a different case :(

Wahaha has said after April the production of the case should match the demand so you shouldn't have to wait that long to get one. Hopefully things haven't changed since he said that.